LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Can we book Huey Lewis to do all playoff National Anthems?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For those of you aged Niner fans who can harken back to the 80's... "are you still with me" as Huey used to to say. The recipe for success seemed to be the News' a capella anthem followed by team introducing the defense from the tunnel. Oh the memories...

Some say it had more to do with talent, training, and coaching....
I was in absolute tears the moment I saw Huey... so special, bring him back if we host the NFC Championship game!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
red end zones, cherry red jerseys, Huey Lewis, and a come from behind win? definitely felt like a old school Niner playoff game.
Huey did an amazing job. Good call going old school. Only fitting for our old school-like team philosphy
He should of been the halftime show
f**king loved it
bring back the entire 1981 team as honorary captains for the cointoss if the NFCCG is @ the Stick next week
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
red end zones, cherry red jerseys, Huey Lewis, and a come from behind win? definitely felt like a old school Niner playoff game.

Man it did harken back to the 80-90s. Big hits by the defense taking guys out of the game, reminded me of vintage Ronnie. I don't want to jinx it but damn if there wasn't the ghost of Montana and Young on the field last night.
Originally posted by boast:

You really have to hand it to the management. They had their "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed yesterday. They did a wonderful job.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
You really have to hand it to the management. They had their "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed yesterday. They did a wonderful job.

Was thinking the exact same thing.. even had the yardage numbers painted with red highlights. The field has never looked better. The Ol' stick did herself proud

Originally posted by DJD:
Was thinking the exact same thing.. even had the yardage numbers painted with red highlights. The field has never looked better. The Ol' stick did herself proud

That's a really nice way of putting it.

Amid all the emotion yesterday, I found it odd that my thoughts kept coming back to the Stick and how much I'm going to miss that old dump. I'm sure they'll do a great job on the new park, but it just won't have that whatever it was that the Ol' Stick had yesterday. I'll miss it terribly.
Remember when they put Joe on the cover of Time magazine the week before the Superbowl... it just seemed like the SB was destiny. Not sure what the equivalent would be today as SI and Madden seem to be cursed.
where is the like button

nevmd found it
[ Edited by zillabeast on Jan 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM ]
When Huey Lewis and the boys were announced got chills did that bring back some memories or what. Now all we need is Boys to Men to do tommorows. Very cool that Eddie is going to be honorary captain tomorrow. Another great move that will get the fans going

Share 49ersWebzone