LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

KNBR radio broadcast

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Your arguments are valid, but again as I've stated Eric Davis for his own sake should take the lesson that, had Vernon Davis NOT made that catch (God forbid), then Eric would've sounded like a complete fool.

A seasoned color commentator, despite his personal ties to his former team, rarely makes these emotional gaffes as well as steps on his colleague's toes. Like I've said Eric will learn from this, and just like Harbaugh preaches to the Niners-- the more Eric sees his shortcomings and what he needs to work on, the better a commentator he'll be down the line.

It's ED's first season with Ted, it was the first Niners playoff win in NINE years, and not least of all it was an emotional historic, memorable game for the ages-- all these factors of course funneled into those 5 seconds would make any of us put in that sidekick broadcaster role to in all likeliness make the same forgiveable faux pas Eric made.

What emotional gaffe?

Saying, "He's got him" is an emotional gaffe?

In the context of the previous three minutes of the game and the utter raw emotion I'm not going to be critical that ED didn't act like a freakin' robot. It was fun. The call was fun.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Your arguments are valid, but again as I've stated Eric Davis for his own sake should take the lesson that, had Vernon Davis NOT made that catch (God forbid), then Eric would've sounded like a complete fool.

A seasoned color commentator, despite his personal ties to his former team, rarely makes these emotional gaffes as well as steps on his colleague's toes. Like I've said Eric will learn from this, and just like Harbaugh preaches to the Niners-- the more Eric sees his shortcomings and what he needs to work on, the better a commentator he'll be down the line.

It's ED's first season with Ted, it was the first Niners playoff win in NINE years, and not least of all it was an emotional historic, memorable game for the ages-- all these factors of course funneled into those 5 seconds would make any of us put in that sidekick broadcaster role to in all likeliness make the same forgiveable faux pas Eric made.

What emotional gaffe?

Saying, "He's got him" is an emotional gaffe?

the whooping and hollering when Ted was trying to make his call was was i meant by that....that's just stepping on your colleague's toes and shows glaringly Eric is still unseasoned...forgive and forget, so long as he learns
i love it!!! so happy
Awesome call, LOVE ED's emotion. Dude's still a niner!!
the whooping and hollering when Ted was trying to make his call was was i meant by that....that's just stepping on your colleague's toes and shows glaringly Eric is still unseasoned...forgive and forget, so long as he learns

and we wonder why our fans are usually treating our games like a tennis match. oh god...
Frankly, it had shades of "The Giants Win the Pennant!" type emotion, which works for me. Not as professional as some other great calls, but still great in its own right.
I loved the call by E.D. and Ted. If you watch the other highlight of the VD pass catch prior to the TD, you'll hear E.D. saying that Alex and V.D. need to connect one more time for the T.D. because of the chemistry between the two. It's obvious from the call, and E.D. even explains, he was looking for the Alex to V.D. seam route the whole way and when he saw it open up, he responded. E.D. - "He's got it!" , before the pass has even been caught. Amazing call. Gave me chills!
Originally posted by 49Crabs:
I loved the call by E.D. and Ted. If you watch the other highlight of the VD pass catch prior to the TD, you'll hear E.D. saying that Alex and V.D. need to connect one more time for the T.D. because of the chemistry between the two. It's obvious from the call, and E.D. even explains, he was looking for the Alex to V.D. seam route the whole way and when he saw it open up, he responded. E.D. - "He's got it!" , before the pass has even been caught. Amazing call. Gave me chills!

Even right before the play, you can hear E.D. say "FIND HIM"

I get chills everytime I hear the reaction. Game of a lifetime
Best call ever by Ted Robinson!!! And Eric Davis is the man!!!! GO NINERS!!!!
Dashon going to be on KNBR 680 in a few minutes

Best part of NFL Audio Pass is being able to listen to that whole game again and listen to all 5 calls. My second favorite is the Univision call, "TOUUCHHDOOOOWWNN!!! TOOUUUUCHHHHDOWWWN!!"
  • pawi
  • Veteran
Is there a website where one could hear the broadcast?
Share 49ersWebzone