LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Where were you 30 years ago on january10th?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
I was in SF at a friend's house. It was the first football game I ever watched. Then I went outside. The streets were mayhem, cars honking everywhere, people going nuts. That influenced me so deeply that I was a major fan ever since.

This really is a cool story, bro.

That was a lot like the 94 Super Bowl was for me.
Watching it at home with my parents

I was 14
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Sec 18
Row 13
seat 20
wow. do you have the ticket stub?
Next to THESE 2 guys:

http://youtu.be/tunyz0WWLSI#t=05m23s

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I was in SF at a friend's house. It was the first football game I ever watched. Then I went outside. The streets were mayhem, cars honking everywhere, people going nuts. That influenced me so deeply that I was a major fan ever since.

This really is a cool story, bro.

That was the 94 Super Bowl for me.

yeah, that is a cool story. i can only imagine how awesome that was.
Sec. 2
Row 3
seat 21
Originally posted by kidash98:
Watching the game with my dad... One of the few times I saw my dad ecstatic about something.

Me too, same thing. My dad was so stoked.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I also remember that an ex girlfriend of mine at the time was really pissed off at me that day cuz i would not come over to her house and watch the elephant man movie !we never spoke after that but i never did regret it!
Originally posted by cciowa:
I thought this would be fun for all niners fans esp for us old timers. Tuesday Jan 10th is the 30th birthday of the catch. we all know the historical significance of it but I was wondering where you were when it happened?Were you alive, were you at the game? were you watching on tv? i was stranded in a snow storm in fort dodge iowa with a bunch of buddies who were just football fans. I was 21 about to turn 22 and to this day it is hard to describe the feeling i had. It was like the stench of the joe thomas and oj simpson era had just vanished in one crazy moment. feel free to have at it!

I was there. Four of us spent four nights in my VW (they lined us up in the parking lot by vehicles - we were 10th in line) to get tickets. The line starting forming Sunday night after the Niners beat the Giants. One night there was a rainstorm that actually flooded 101. By Wednesday night there were thousands of cars and one of the great tailgates ever. People were going out and buying cases of beer and then selling single bottles or cans for two or three bucks. My brother worked during the day and then brought us everything we needed at night. Good times.

I've been to a lot of games in my life but that was the only time I fully experienced "the crowd was electric." When Clark scored there was not a single person in my section (lower-deck end-zone opposite the catch) that didn't hit the ground from all the hugging and cheering. I am pretty sure it was that way around the whole stadium.

cool vid from 5 yrs ago:

http://youtu.be/_TEDnG4FCHk

My Dad was with me and my brother at that game. He had been taking me to games since the Kezar days. After the catch he said that he would never need to go to another game, because they had FINALLY won the big one, in his mind. And he never did.
I was 7 and playing with my legos.
  • dj43
Upper reserve section 49. Row 3. Seat 12. It happened directly down in front of us.
Watched it on TV. The game that finally sent the cowboys in a downward spiral and the Niners to the most dominant team that I have ever seen.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I was 7 playing with my Star Wars figures.
Share 49ersWebzone