LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Assessing Receivers and the OL: We NEED Upgrades

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Yeah, that's why I put the "+" symbol. I did the math before, but couldn't remember the exact numbers.

Kid had been straight ballin'!

I think he has the potential to be a top 5 WR. Yes, even with Alex Smith at QB.

Couldn't help yourself could you.

What? Trying to circumvent the obvious retort?

Rachal - Garbage. Get him off the team.

Yes! Please PLEASE get rid of him
To me fixing the WRs is easy lol just sign Bowe. He's a great WR. Pair him next to Crabs watch out!
I love Crabs as the number one he's like VD he can ball he just needs the damn ball.

Crabs #1
Bowe #2
Jmo/Kwill #3
Jmo/ Kwill #4
Teddy Ginn #5 ( situation threat)

To me that's a pretty decent lineup
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
IMHO, Crabtree is okay but not playing up to his pick status. We need a all-hands, money, can get it done even when he's double-covered, and doesn't jump for every pass receiver.

Why can't Crabtree be given the same amount of time to be judged as Smith?

he is in the first year of a new system and has battled injuries. He is improving and will only get better..

This is what I've been saying. Plus it's well documented WRs don't really break out till year 3 and this year IMO he broke out in a non pass heavy O. (not a knock on anyone) the dude can play
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
IMHO, Crabtree is okay but not playing up to his pick status. We need a all-hands, money, can get it done even when he's double-covered, and doesn't jump for every pass receiver.

he is in the first year of a new system and has battled injuries. He is improving and will only get better..

This is what I've been saying. Plus it's well documented WRs don't really break out till year 3 and this year IMO he broke out in a non pass heavy O. (not a knock on anyone) the dude can play

Is this crabtree and his cousin starting to use a message board to get that contract.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM ]
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Need to upgrade OL depth and get a big tall WR #2 putting Morgan off the team.

We also need to upgrade TE #2 but I think our guy from last year that got injured will do fine.

Also, never draft for depth. draft for starters to replace or starters to move to the bench. that is how you get better.

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Is this crabtree and his cousin starting to use a message board to get that contract.

If only

Also side note Ginn is one of THE MOST important people we need to bring back
To me fixing the WRs is easy lol just sign Bowe. He's a great WR. Pair him next to Crabs watch out!
I love Crabs as the number one he's like VD he can ball he just needs the damn ball.

Crabs #1
Bowe #2
Jmo/Kwill #3
Jmo/ Kwill #4

I just don't know how easy it'll be to sign someone like that. Sure we look like a much more attractive option now that we're contenders, but can we afford him?

We already plan to extend Smith, so some money is gone there, and then we have a bunch of FA's that would be really nice to have back, such as:

OLB Ahmad Brooks
FS Goldson
CB Rogers
WR Morgan
WR Ginn
TE Walker
LB Costanzo
LB Grant
OG Snyder

Would not be surprised to see Grant go start somewhere else (he started in STL), and we might let Snyder walk (although I wouldn't care at all about that one. We've got developing guys and draft picks. Plus Chilo should be gone.) But still, about 6-7 of those players in that list are guys we definitely should hang onto. Bowe is going to want a BIG contract I'm sure, and there's no guarantee the Chiefs wouldn't franchise him.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Crabs #1
Bowe #2
Jmo/Kwill #3
Jmo/ Kwill #4

I just don't know how easy it'll be to sign someone like that. Sure we look like a much more attractive option now that we're contenders, but can we afford him?

We already plan to extend Smith, so some money is gone there, and then we have a bunch of FA's that would be really nice to have back, such as:

OLB Ahmad Brooks
FS Goldson
CB Rogers
WR Morgan
WR Ginn
TE Walker
LB Costanzo
LB Grant
OG Snyder

Would not be surprised to see Grant go start somewhere else (he started in STL), and we might let Snyder walk (although I wouldn't care at all about that one. We've got developing guys and draft picks. Plus Chilo should be gone.) But still, about 6-7 of those players in that list are guys we definitely should hang onto. Bowe is going to want a BIG contract I'm sure, and there's no guarantee the Chiefs wouldn't franchise him.

Also, payton manning would be the key addiction, I'm sure he feel honor to give gore a ring.
walker is a FA next year

obes whi i would really like back are:

brooks
rogers
morgan
ginn- although KW could take over would be nice to have him back though
costanzo
snyder- although we could get someone in draft (2nd or 3rd round)

i think priority is to lock up our own guys we only need 1 outside FA maybe a WR

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Crabs #1
Bowe #2
Jmo/Kwill #3
Jmo/ Kwill #4

OLB Ahmad Brooks
FS Goldson
CB Rogers
WR Morgan
WR Ginn
TE Walker
LB Costanzo
LB Grant
OG Snyder

Sadly your right I think he's outa our price range But it would be and easy fix I really want to find a way to snag 2 first rounders this year so we can take Kendall Wright and Ashon Jeefrey
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
walker is a FA next year

obes whi i would really like back are:

brooks
rogers
morgan
ginn- although KW could take over would be nice to have him back though
costanzo
snyder- although we could get someone in draft (2nd or 3rd round)

i think priority is to lock up our own guys we only need 1 outside FA maybe a WR

Ginn needs to be back for his return ability! If we lose him thats huge. It's not easy to replace one of the best return man in the game. I don't know how many times I said to myself man I love Ginn. The field position he gives us is phenomenal
Sadly your right I think he's outa our price range But it would be and easy fix I really want to find a way to snag 2 first rounders this year so we can take Kendall Wright and Ashon Jeefrey

that would be awesome

like I've said many times if we get morgan back we have

crabtree '
morgan
KW

thats a solid core of WR we are just missing a big guy in RZ to take away attention from crabtree and more importantly VD in the RZ

crabtree is a great WR but lacks the elite size or speed to be a difference maker in the RZ
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I think Dwight Jones or Peter Konz would do nicely for what we need. Shoot, if things roll our way we could have Jones and Konz, but that is probably unlikely.

i dont get the need for konz or any C we have goodwon hes been solid for us and is riding a 3 year contract

just get one down the road or one later in the draft to develop
also if im not mistaken dont we have a C in PS that played for stanford?

he's one of the better C prospects that has come out the past few years

Goodwin is not a long term answer
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
If Morgan is healthy he's probably our best all around receiver. Before he got hurt he was on pace for a really good year. He's got the physical tools, has more reliable hands than Crabtree and is an excellent blocker. Very good RAC. He gets a lot of hate around here for reasons unknown to me.

Not sure if this is true but I think you make some good points here. He is certainly a very solid player who would make a terrific number 3 receiver. Crabtree has shown this year that he is the primary possession guy (and is getting better all the time) but the Niners are still lacking that stud number one guy, especially in the red zone and on key third downs.

Morgan's loss has certainly been big though. I think he could have helped a lot in the red zone. Seems like he is recovering well though so I'm Iooking forward to seeing what he can do next year.

Cheers!
Share 49ersWebzone