There are 173 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
really wanna see the hawk back too , but not for too much $ , if he not back we probably draft safety in first and get a wr in FA

agree. We're either going WR or DB with our #1 and we'll use FA for whatever we don't grab with our #1. Hate to say it, but I don't see Goldson in a niner uniform next season. He's going to want best safety in the league money.

He's gonna get franchised. book it
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
I hope we cut kyle and swain, bring in djax and a rookie w.r and make josh morgan #1..... I miss you morgan!

nah, Screw DeSean.

Re-Sign Morgan, Keep Ginn as kick and punt returner, Crabtree, draft Sanu or Dwight Jones, add a vet(Not likely Vincent Jackson or Bowe who will be franchised).
Now that the bar is set soooooo high on our team......and the way Harbaugh coaches I see a VERY bright future for the 49ers.....IMHO......
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I swear these Mods are too trigger happy on the merge button.
You guys are so freaking pessimistic -- "no guarantee we are in the playoffs". Come on!!

Keep the core, improve the offense and it won't matter if we go 10-6. Clinch the west and it won't matter if we gotta go to New Orleans, Green Bay or New York.

If the 49ers can add weapons and develop Smith to the level that he should be....it will be very tough to beat SF in the BIG PRIMETIME GAMES. If we could move the ball like we did against Pittsburgh, yesterday's game wouldn't even be close.

And Pittsburgh wasn't even a great offensive showing, but night & day better than yesterday.
Originally posted by valrod33:
No lock that we are in the playoffs next year, much harder schedule. cant take this chacnes for granted cuz you never know when the next one will come

This and thanks to #10 we lost that chance this year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
You guys are so freaking pessimistic -- "no guarantee we are in the playoffs". Come on!!

Keep the core, improve the offense and it won't matter if we go 10-6. Clinch the west and it won't matter if we gotta go to New Orleans, Green Bay or New York.

If the 49ers can add weapons and develop Smith to the level that he should be....it will be very tough to beat SF in the BIG PRIMETIME GAMES. If we could move the ball like we did against Pittsburgh, yesterday's game wouldn't even be close.

And Pittsburgh wasn't even a great offensive showing, but night & day better than yesterday.

I think we're back in the playoffs next year, fo sho.
We blew our golden chance, and who knows when the next one comes around? Think about it, home f**king field advantage against a 9-7 team in the NFC Championship with the lead in the 4th quarter. Do you really think we're going to get that far next year with everything going in our favor? Things happen, and we could very well be eliminated in the first round, or not make the playoffs due to our tough schedule and possibly improved division, and don't forget injuries either. Sorry for being such a debbie downer, but it was right there for the taking, and we aren't guaranteed anything in the future.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

You are

Not if our OC I still callin plays

Posts like this make me wanna go f**king ape s**t.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Very nice post, Jreff.

I strongly agree with your analysis of the receivers. What do you make of Morgan vs. Crabtree in a head to head analysis? Aside from their contracts, I'm having problems finding distinctions between the two. Crabtree is the more gifted athlete, but Morgan seems better at gaining separation and squeezing out a few YAC. They're both excellent down field blockers, both prone to being streaky, and they both share a wicked straight arm.

Although I hate taking wide outs in the first round, I'll concede that doing so likely makes sense this season. We need speed. But I don't think we should discount attempting to find a sane, mature free agent receiver that knows how to plunk himself down in the soft belly of a zone.

Regarding Snyder, I'm on board with Corva. I think he's an important priority.

Crabtree at this point is nothing special. For being picked 10th and making a s**t ton of money the guy is not living up to the hype. When a player is described as needing a better guy on the opposoite side to be relevant that guy is not good. Right now I dont see much between them except Josh is more of a team player.

i think this team has a 5 year window.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i think this team has a 5 year window.

If we draft well with a little luck here and there, and we re-sign the right people no problem. Alex Smith will grow more into the offense once we add a few more play makers on offense. Also Colin Kaepernick will be exciting to see year two with our coaching staff. The NFC West next year will be more of the same I think.

49ers finish 1st place with a 10 to 13 win season.
Seattle is on the rise and an actual starting quarterback away but they finish with 8 or 9 wins.
Arizona I can't quite put my finger on but my early prediction is 7 or 8 win season.
St.Louis could turn some heads next season with Fisher taking over inheriting Sam Bradford and possibly drafting Justin Blackmon. 5 or 6 wins.
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Jan 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Very nice post, Jreff.

I strongly agree with your analysis of the receivers. What do you make of Morgan vs. Crabtree in a head to head analysis? Aside from their contracts, I'm having problems finding distinctions between the two. Crabtree is the more gifted athlete, but Morgan seems better at gaining separation and squeezing out a few YAC. They're both excellent down field blockers, both prone to being streaky, and they both share a wicked straight arm.

Although I hate taking wide outs in the first round, I'll concede that doing so likely makes sense this season. We need speed. But I don't think we should discount attempting to find a sane, mature free agent receiver that knows how to plunk himself down in the soft belly of a zone.

Crabtree at this point is nothing special. For being picked 10th and making a s**t ton of money the guy is not living up to the hype. When a player is described as needing a better guy on the opposoite side to be relevant that guy is not good. Right now I dont see much between them except Josh is more of a team player.

best thing about crabtree is he has no more guaranteed money, just 500k workout bonuses each year, so he is tradeable.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Very nice post, Jreff.

best thing about crabtree is he has no more guaranteed money, just 500k workout bonuses each year, so he is tradeable.

I checked his numbers last night:
2012: $3.5 million, 2013: $4.5 million, 2014: $3.5 million (Voidable Year), 2015: Free Agent

When the best attribute I keep hearing about him is his blocking something is wrong. I would trade him for a 3rd and take a kid like Streeter, Hill, Wright, Posey....don't care who, just somebody who does something.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Let see... Giants killed Green Bay but barely beat us. They needed our help. How many did they score last week?
New Orleans - Best offense in history, needed 2 lucky passes. But we stood toe to toe with them and won.

There are about 29 other teams that would like to be in our shoes.

KEY: We have to be better next year than we are this year. We have to improve all phases.

We will be hungier.
Share 49ersWebzone