LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

Getting Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams Back for Playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm excited to see Ginn and Williams on fly sweeps, reverses against the Saints. If we can't conventionally get the ball down the field with our WRs, we can at least use our speedsters in other ways to pick up big chunks of yardage.

Anything and everything to win.
Good, very good.
thank god williams is cleared to practice, he should be ready for sure!!! love this kid(no homo) haha
Anything official on DW's jaw?
Originally posted by 60sfan:

he wont be back until possibly if we make it to the championship game and more likely the sb
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 60sfan:

he wont be back until possibly if we make it to the championship game and more likely the sb

So in other words, he WILL suit up for a game later on this season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we missed both these dudes dearly. I'm actually surprised we didn't muff any punts in Ginn's absence. Great preparation.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we missed both these dudes dearly. I'm actually surprised we didn't muff any punts in Ginn's absence. Great preparation.

Actually...Reggie Smith did fumble his 3rd punt return last weekend. He's just lucky that it bounced back to a Niner. Kyle Williams' lucked out when interference was called, as his own blocker was pushed back into him. It could've gone either way, and that was a lost fumble at the time.
I really miss the potential for the Ted Ginn lightning fast reverse handoff that they learned off a local high school coach. They've gotten some pretty big yardage on that play.
ted ginn go deep!!! just be sure to look in the sky for the ball

Great to have Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams back. They add a lot with their speed and help out the other wide receivers. They are going to be big for us in the playoffs. It really sucks if Delanie Walker is out though because he is the joker in the Harbaugh deck. I hope he can come back even for Championship game.
Originally posted by LESLEE415:
THERE GONNA BE READY TO GO. CAN'T WAIT. SAINTS WILL LOSE TO DET AND WILL HAVE A HANDSHAKE REMATCH

even in the slim chance that the lions beat the saints, they would play green bay next round. only chance there is that we meet up with them would be in the conference championship. hard to belive that a lot of "football" fans still dont get re seeding
I still remember the Saints blitzing us like crazy our first preseason game. I am kind of anxious to see how that works now. I would love it if they showed their hand early and we burned them for it. Just hoping, we'll see.
With the injuries in mind I would expect Harbaugh to prepare more passes to Hunter and Miller, who have been very good receivers this year...especially for rookies! Williams being back will really help obviously, but Ginn gave me piece of mind on kick returns. It was so nice all year to look forward to returns rather than hoping against disaster.

Would love to know how Harbaugh will handle the stress of the playoffs. He did well at Stanford in the Orange Bowl but will he be able to keep everyone loose? Walsh did some funny stuff to ease the stress level...bell captain comes to mind. Harbaugh is wacky enough to do some interesting things.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:16 AM ]
Harbaugh is no stranger to big games.
Share 49ersWebzone