LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Getting Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams Back for Playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It wasn't pretty, but we won today. The offense is going to look different. We will probably get Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams back, possibly even Delanie Walker for our first playoffs game.

So everyone should keep their cool, we're gonna be at home and healthier than we've been in a long time. Patrick Willis was looking a little rusty today, but he'll be sharp in a couple weeks.

13-3!? Who cares how we won today? We finished off a division rival who had nothing to lose, playing for the honor of their outgoing coach. We took care of business.
i really hope so

once they started to double VD and crabs they're was no where to go
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i really hope so

^^
i really hope so

this
THERE GONNA BE READY TO GO. CAN'T WAIT. SAINTS WILL LOSE TO DET AND WILL HAVE A HANDSHAKE REMATCH
thank god they will be back, i cant stand having swain and hastings on the field
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
thank god they will be back, i cant stand having swain and hastings on the field

for reals man, were those scrubs even in the game? i couldn't tell..
Sorry to break the bad news. Ginn and Williams are best on special teams returning punts and kickoffs. If you truly think these 2 will make a world of difference come playoff time your all sadly mistaken. Looked like the same offense Today that I've seen for the past 16 weeks. Why do all the niner homers make lame excuses for this team. Also walker does not return for 1st playoff game. Obviously the poster has never had a broken jaw. So were on a 2 week liquid diet with a wired mouth and were going to play,lol. That's hilarious. This team is the same as always. The s**ts on 3rd down efficiency and red zone offense. The bye week will not cure these issues. Only hope to beat the saints are to do 2 things. Create turnovers and win the field position battle. Anything short of that it's 1and done.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Sorry to break the bad news. Ginn and Williams are best on special teams returning punts and kickoffs. If you truly think these 2 will make a world of difference come playoff time your all sadly mistaken. Looked like the same offense Today that I've seen for the past 16 weeks. Why do all the niner homers make lame excuses for this team. Also walker does not return for 1st playoff game. Obviously the poster has never had a broken jaw. So were on a 2 week liquid diet with a wired mouth and were going to play,lol. That's hilarious. This team is the same as always. The s**ts on 3rd down efficiency and red zone offense. The bye week will not cure these issues. Only hope to beat the saints are to do 2 things. Create turnovers and win the field position battle. Anything short of that it's 1and done.

Guess somebody forgot to take their Prozac today. If you were actually watching the game today, Reggie Smith almost fumbled away his 3rd punt return, which could've been a crucial mistake at that point in the game. Kyle Williams was one of the biggest receiving weapons we had in the last few weeks before he got injured. Ginn was also starting to come into his own, making tough catches along the side line to prolong drives. It's a hell of a lot better than putting Hastings and Swain out there opposite Crabtree and Davis.

As for Delanie, he might not come back for the first game, which is why I said he might. We still have Bruce Miller and Justin Peele, which is not like having Delanie, but even he disappeared in the past few weeks before he got injured.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran

13-3, and all you can do is cry.

i really hope so

He also didn't try...
I think I heard Swains name mentioned maybe three times, and Hastings once..

Williams has developed into a big time 3rd down target for Alex..

As for the original sentiment of this thread, I really don't see Delanie coming back any sooner than 3 weeks from now should we can get past the divisional round.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
He also didn't try...
I think I heard Swains name mentioned maybe three times, and Hastings once..

can't pass to them if they don't get separation
They should both be back. One is a sprained ankle and the other is a concussion. They will have had 3 weeks to rest. That's enough time.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

for reals man, were those scrubs even in the game? i couldn't tell..

Someone got shut down on New Years Eve
Share 49ersWebzone