LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Would You Trade CK

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would You Trade CK

Originally posted by 99Ways2SackAQb:
It's way too early to give up on him. C'mon man. This kid has the tools all he needs is reps and a offseason to get familiar with the playbook.

Fact: The only QB that improves with time is Alex Smith. With all other QBs, what you see it what you get....
Harbaugh might blow smoke up the reporters' arse sometimes, but he is not an idiot. He knows he can get better production out of the QB position. He obviously subscribes to the theory that a QB needs to sit and learn the system for a few years before becoming a starter. What's he gonna say? "We only want Alex for the next couple of years while Colin learns the system and then we unleash Colin." Of course he's gonna ride the Alex train until it derails or after next season when he declares an "open competition" for starting QB.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Fact: The only QB that improves with time is Alex Smith. With all other QBs, what you see it what you get....

Alex's improvement has been very slow...not saying it's all his fault. Alex's career so far has shown unsustainable consistancy and CK has a high enough ceiling for me not to want to take the risk on trading him.
[ Edited by jones49 on Dec 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM ]
Leaving the QB situation in Harbaugh's hands seems like a good idea. If he wants to trade CK or Smith I'll be fine with it. If he likes another young QB as much as CK and can get a great WR in a trade--fantastic!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. He bangs into the RB for handoffs, he has zero pocket presense, no accuracy and doesn't read the field well. He mostly takes off and runs. Looks like a tall RB to me. The only guy I really question in this draft. A completely wasted pick. I don't think you can get much for him so he will stay with us. But I don't think he will amount to much with us. Alex will be the starter after 12 - 3 and likely 13 - 3 after the last game and the #2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. No reason not to stick with that.

+1, im from reno, im a huge nevada fan, and loved what he did for this team here on that awesome 13-1 run last year.....however, i have never been so angry at a draft pick in my life. traded up to get him are you kidding me. everything you said was exactly what i saw from him coming in. people talk about how you have to have accuracy to play well in the WCO. well ck is not an accurate passer. furthermore, i have to here about how awesome it is that he got drafted by the niners and is going to be a great QB in the future from everyone that lives here. straight up bs and getting on my nerves from the less educated football fan.

Case in point, during the preseason my grandma posted on facebook: "watching colin kaepernick play for the niners is more exciting than watching joe montana!" absolute blasphemy. i told her she was going to hell and banned her. we talked for the first time on christmas.......any one who believes that he will turn into a "decent" falls into the same category
Trade the guy? Nah. His upside is there, according to some of what I've read. I'll let Harbaugh refine his fundamentals.
Only way I'd see us doing so is if we were to go after Matt Flynn in FA.
Whether CK is a good quarterback or not all players are expendable at the right price. Ask the owner of the Bengals who swore Carson Palmer would play for the Bengals or for no one. Well we all know how that came out.
For what... A PB & J sandwich?
Originally posted by PTulini:

sounds reasonable.....you got yourself a deal

• Eeks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. He bangs into the RB for handoffs, he has zero pocket presense, no accuracy and doesn't read the field well. He mostly takes off and runs. Looks like a tall RB to me. The only guy I really question in this draft. A completely wasted pick. I don't think you can get much for him so he will stay with us. But I don't think he will amount to much with us. Alex will be the starter after 12 - 3 and likely 13 - 3 after the last game and the #2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. No reason not to stick with that.

You are out of your mind. CK is already way more accurate than Smith. He is learning how to handoff from under center, but dude has a cannon and will start for us sometime next year and i cant wait!!!!
Originally posted by PTulini:

I'd trade him for a Baconator
Originally posted by Eeks:
You are out of your mind. CK is already way more accurate than Smith. He is learning how to handoff from under center, but dude has a cannon and will start for us sometime next year and i cant wait!!!!

you cant be serious
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Harbaugh targeted CK. According to Peter King of SI, who was in the war room, Harbaugh had CK as his #1 QB in the draft. I think that i will trust in Jim's skills of evaluating QBs. Dont forget he developed Josh Johnson (49er next year), Andrew Luck and recruited heisman winner RG3 who only went to Baylor cause he was scared to sit behind Luck at Stanford.
Why would we trade him. we dont even have a proven starter yet.
Share 49ersWebzone