LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Would You Trade CK

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would You Trade CK

With Harbaugh saying Alex is the long term answer in a recent press conference if Alex is resigned would it make sense to package Colin for a wide receiver
Depends on the deal...That would make Tolzien our #2 obviously
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
No. CK has no meaningful market value right now because he is unproven, Alex could revert to old form and have a slump next year, Alex might get injured, we need to have someone young we groom as QBOTF, etc. There are many reasons not to do this.
even if gore
yes but not for a while

maybe we can revisit this 2 years down the road
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes

For Aaron Rodgers.
When Harbaugh says "long term" I'm thinking that means until he maxes out in 3 years.
The way we treat our 2nd round draft picks (Taylor Mays) we'll be stuck settling for a 7th round pick. No thanks.

can we get a bag of cheetos?
Everybody is tradeable at the right price. If someone offered a good package for CK I would trade him. But if not SF has invested a lot of time and energy and money into him and we need to keep him as our backup. But time will tell what will happen to CK. The worst that can happen is that he gets to set and learn for awhile. But one play can bring him to the game.

I'd rather sign n trade Smith.............ohh wait this isnt the NBA.............SHOOT!!!!!!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
can we get a bag of cheetos?

flamin' hot or puffs?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Everybody is tradeable at the right price. If someone offered a good package for CK I would trade him. But if not SF has invested a lot of time and energy and money into him and we need to keep him as our backup. But time will tell what will happen to CK. The worst that can happen is that he gets to set and learn for awhile. But one play can bring him to the game.

and this is why you do not trade him. unless they have confidence in tolzien to be the #2, but even then. but i do not mind the niners doing what the packers did for years. draft quality back up QBs and then trade them, then you do not get stuck like the colts.
Yes. He bangs into the RB for handoffs, he has zero pocket presense, no accuracy and doesn't read the field well. He mostly takes off and runs. Looks like a tall RB to me. The only guy I really question in this draft. A completely wasted pick. I don't think you can get much for him so he will stay with us. But I don't think he will amount to much with us. Alex will be the starter after 12 - 3 and likely 13 - 3 after the last game and the #2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. No reason not to stick with that.
why would we trade a player like Kapp without seeing what he has? we've only seen glimpses of him. The guy does have the goods to play in a WCO doesnt he?
Share 49ersWebzone