LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Alex Finishes In Last Place

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Shaj:
There is a business corollary here, it's called "the cost of quality". I worked with Fortune 50 company that decide to increase their defects per million because the cost of quality was too high to achieve that level, and they could get more overall return with a defect rate that was still very good, but not as rigorous as before. If Alex could get twice as many touchdowns with twice as many INT's, that would be a great tradeoff that I would likely take. The cost of getting only 5 INT's is a pedestrian offense that requires a devastating ST and D to stay in games.

It is all interconnected. Less ints contribute to better field position, etc......which helps the D and ST stats.

If Smith doubled his TDs and INTs, who is to say that our D performs worse due to more time on the field, teams going no huddle, etc.?

OK, so more TDs would be a bad thing because Alex didn't actually throw them.

These excuses are beyond ridiculous.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Shaj:
There is a business corollary here, it's called "the cost of quality". I worked with Fortune 50 company that decide to increase their defects per million because the cost of quality was too high to achieve that level, and they could get more overall return with a defect rate that was still very good, but not as rigorous as before. If Alex could get twice as many touchdowns with twice as many INT's, that would be a great tradeoff that I would likely take. The cost of getting only 5 INT's is a pedestrian offense that requires a devastating ST and D to stay in games.

It is all interconnected. Less ints contribute to better field position, etc......which helps the D and ST stats.

If Smith doubled his TDs and INTs, who is to say that our D performs worse due to more time on the field, teams going no huddle, etc.?

OK, so more TDs would be a bad thing because Alex didn't actually throw them.

These excuses are beyond ridiculous.

. Now you are just making s**t up. Neither of your "points" have anything to do with what I said.
Share 49ersWebzone