There are 172 users in the forums

Roethlisberger: I was 49ers best player

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
already a thread in Niner Talk
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I'm not seeing this as arrogant at all. He is falling on his sword and saying not only did he not help his team, he hurt his team (which is the same as helping the other team).
Originally posted by Youngone:
I got 99 problems but Big Ben ain't one

What the man said.

It's a big boy's game. If you want to play you got to pay and Big Ben is a m-a-n. No doubt about it. You gotta play hurt.

But he didn't help his team by playing that hurt. Not to be mean, but if you put on a jock and step on the field, it's all fair. Get knocked down and pick yourself up. All that tells me is you're ready to get knocked down again.

If you want to face an NFL defense pass rush because you want to be tough, then it's fair to see exactly how tough you really are.

The twins, Justin and Aldon Smith ain't no joke. GREAT WIN, NINERS!
[ Edited by Ohio49er on Dec 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Shaj:
I'm not seeing this as arrogant at all. He is falling on his sword and saying not only did he not help his team, he hurt his team (which is the same as helping the other team).

Your probably right. Still can't stand the "not convicted" rapist. And I'm very glad we made him look like sh!t.
Big Ben: doc, can I play
Doc: No

Big Ben: coach, can I play
Tomlin: No
Big Ben: screw you guys! I'm going to start no matter what

Just further proff that Big Ben cant take No for an answer lmao
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

It is arrogant. He basically is saying that the Niners won because he was playing hurt.
Originally posted by Ohio49er:

What the man said.

It's a big boy's game. If you want to play you got to pay and Big Ben is a m-a-n. No doubt about it. You gotta play hurt.

But he didn't help his team by playing that hurt. Not to be mean, but if you put on a jock and step on the field, it's all fair. Get knocked down and pick yourself up. All that tells me is you're ready to get knocked down again.

If you want to face an NFL defense pass rush because you want to be tough, then it's fair to see exactly how tough you really are.

They were relentless. I thought Larry Grant played an excellent game as well.
Originally posted by English:

What the man said.

Larry Grant and Aldon were surreal in this game. Those passes broken up by Grant were stupendous. His height really gives him an edge in that department.

Screw those that were concerned about Grant filling in for Willis. He proved he was worthy from the moment he stepped in.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

It is arrogant. He basically is saying that the Niners won because he was playing hurt.

I guess you could extrapolate that, but if you want to jab another team, you usually say more than that and stick it to them while you have the media's ear, like Rex Ryan did this last week in his commentary regarding being better than the Giants. Ben didn't do any of that, he just made that one simple comment, and nothing else he said that I saw supported that it was a derogatory comment made in an effort to undermine our win or the abilities of our team.

I get your perspective though. It would be interesting to actually hear and see him say it. Communication is 70% non-verbal.
Now the excuses come out.....what a bunch of morons.......

If Ben can't play then it is their coaches decision to pull him, tire of the excuses. Imagine if Pitts have won last night, what the headlines would have been....

Originally posted by dmax:
thanks u rapist

lol
Thanks, Mike Tomlin for letting your QB play even though he could barely stand up.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by English:

What the man said.

Larry Grant and Aldon were surreal in this game. Those passes broken up by Grant were stupendous. His height really gives him an edge in that department.

Screw those that were concerned about Grant filling in for Willis. He proved he was worthy from the moment he stepped in.

Best laugh of the game was the commentator, cant remember which one, speculating as to whether Willis gets his place back when he heals. Lol! Great work Larry but dont leave us at the end of the year.
  • mod
  • Veteran
You guys need to stop getting your panties all up in a bunch... He's just taking accountability for his poor play. Like a bunch of women your all looking to be offended.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
You guys need to stop getting your panties all up in a bunch... He's just taking accountability for his poor play. Like a bunch of women your all looking to be offended.

Ouch bro! LMAO! So what, who cares!
Share 49ersWebzone