There are 188 users in the forums

offensive plays of recent years you would like to see back in niners playbook

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
That one where the the WR goes one way and the TE another then the RB.... what kind of question is this?
Originally posted by TX9R:
That one where the the WR goes one way and the TE another then the RB.... what kind of question is this?

It's a fair question. Tons on webzone are asking for more RB screens. Before this season baugh_area told me he wanted to see more pitches to the running back.

It's not really a play but I miss Alex Smith to Vernon Davis in the redzone. It was all we had back in those dark years, and it worked.
Deep post route to Vernon Davis. Used to be in the playbook. No longer is....
any that scored TD's in the redzone.
screen passs to gore and check downs to gore
Originally posted by elguapo:

but wasn't it the fans that hated all of the checkdowns? You're all like a bunch of women! Never satisfied!
Classic 49er play -- fake screen R (or L), screen to the other side. Real play action (our fakes now are just token). Halfback pass or end-around pass.
Originally posted by elguapo:

gore scares me as a receiver as his hands arent always reliable, but i agree here... i recall when dilfer was qb and the niners played the cards, gore got almost 100 yards on check downs.....and last year in the MNF game vs Saints, they had a play in the red zone where Smith hit Gore in stride as he ran to his right and I think he scored
...gore also got a td vs Packers 2 seasons ago on just a short check down in the red one
^^i was actuall hoping for more passes to gore this season he is pretty dangerous as a reviever
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Dec 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM ]
Sprint Right Option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TEDnG4FCHk

But in all seriousness, I'd like to see the TE Seam Pass to VD.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM ]

more screens or TE seam passes like the poster above me said.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
The tight end throwback, where QB rolls right, playside TE fakes a block then swims opposite the current of the pursuit and pops out on the backside. I swear, every time this play gets called the TE is wide open.

I'm not the only one on this thread that was proved correct. But I'm gonna give myself a little pat on the back for this.
Share 49ersWebzone