LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

We lost 2 out of 3 (AND THEN BACK ON WINNING TRACK) ***UPDATED!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
The game against the Steelers will show everyone how bad we really are. We're going to get anally raped...and at home. I guess it's fitting that Ben Rapistberger will be the QB. Maybe we can file a police report for rape afterwards.

If the game is ugly I think we will be on the losing end. I suspect we could lose this one big time.
The game against the Steelers will show everyone how bad we really are. We're going to get anally raped...and at home. I guess it's fitting that Ben Rapistberger will be the QB. Maybe we can file a police report for rape afterwards.

Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I say next week shows the team and the fans where we are in terms of how we'll look in the playoffs.

This loss vs. Arizona pissed Harbaugh and the rest of the team off. If we respond, we'll f**k them up, if we lay an egg, expect our team to look the same in the playoffs.

Next week will tell a lot. Maybe the most of the season. A good team and a must win for both teams. Trying to rebound from the Cardinals and playing at home.

exactly. We can't lose that #2 seed, but if we keep playing like we did on Sunday then we don't even deserve a bye and won't get it. We could still finish 4th and have to go to Lambeau in the 2nd round(pending we win in the wildcard round).

The final stretch is upon us, no time for f**king around anymore or we'll all be hanging out in the Draft Forum in the next 4-5 weeks waiting for April to get here.

We don't have margin for error now. Just think we were 9 - 1 not long ago....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM ]

If the game is ugly I think we will be on the losing end. I suspect we could lose this one big time.

Our defense won't be able to cover the Steelers receivers, won't be able to pressure the QB and if they do they won't be able to bring him down. Hell we couldn't even bring down Skelton let alone get any pressure on him in the second half. Then throw in our inability to score on offense with their defense....yea it's going to be ugly.

Our defense won't be able to cover the Steelers receivers, won't be able to pressure the QB and if they do they won't be able to bring him down. Hell we couldn't even bring down Skelton let alone get any pressure on him in the second half. Then throw in our inability to score on offense with their defense....yea it's going to be ugly.

RapeBerger can throw the ball with 3 D Linemen hanging on him. He's a pretty awesome player. I think it will be tough to beat them.
I say next week shows the team and the fans where we are in terms of how we'll look in the playoffs.

This loss vs. Arizona pissed Harbaugh and the rest of the team off. If we respond, we'll f**k them up, if we lay an egg, expect our team to look the same in the playoffs.

Next week will tell a lot. Maybe the most of the season. A good team and a must win for both teams. Trying to rebound from the Cardinals and playing at home.

exactly. We can't lose that #2 seed, but if we keep playing like we did on Sunday then we don't even deserve a bye and won't get it. We could still finish 4th and have to go to Lambeau in the 2nd round(pending we win in the wildcard round).

The final stretch is upon us, no time for f**king around anymore or we'll all be hanging out in the Draft Forum in the next 4-5 weeks waiting for April to get here.

We just need to play well and win this game and I'll feel more at ease.

The Ravens game was a shot in the foot because because we traveled east on a very short week, the Cards game was similar to the Dallas game, we played the overall better game, but let both teams hang around until the end and it burned us both times. It was disgusting how bad we beat Arizona and still lost the friggin game.

The Steelers haven't exactly been a powerhouse against teams this year either and are pretty banged up going into next week. This game is very winnable and I 100 percent think we'll beat them.
[ Edited by King49er on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM ]

We just need to play well and win this game and I'll feel more at ease.

The Ravens game was a shot in the foot because because we traveled east on a very short week, the Cards game was similar to the Dallas game, we played the overall better game, but let both teams hang around until the end and it burned us both times. It was disgusting how bad we beat Arizona and still lost the friggin game.

The Steelers haven't exactly been a powerhouse against teams this year either and are pretty banged up going into next week. This game is very winnable and I 100 percent think we'll beat them.

We will see. I hope you are right. But stick a fork in the #2 seed if we don't. This game is critical to the bye.
why so negative? this is the nfl, you never know what is going to happen
Here we go again...the old glass half-empty stuff. Come on, man. The Niners are 10-3...all three losses could've been wins, they had enough chances. All of which tells me they're a very good team, capable of beating anyone, including the Steelers. Pittsburgh's not invincible, not even close. They're very good, but so what. You have to play and beat good teams to make the playoffs. The Niners have it in them to get the job done...they've shown that all season. So, if you wan to count two of the next three as losses, well, you go right ahead. For most of the rest of us, we know we have a winner on our hands...if you can't see that, or won't support the team when they need the Niner Nation behind them, well, that's bad on you.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Here we go again...the old glass half-empty stuff. Come on, man. The Niners are 10-3...all three losses could've been wins, they had enough chances. All of which tells me they're a very good team, capable of beating anyone, including the Steelers. Pittsburgh's not invincible, not even close. They're very good, but so what. You have to play and beat good teams to make the playoffs. The Niners have it in them to get the job done...they've shown that all season. So, if you wan to count two of the next three as losses, well, you go right ahead. For most of the rest of us, we know we have a winner on our hands...if you can't see that, or won't support the team when they need the Niner Nation behind them, well, that's bad on you.

Evidently it's just the mental landscape some people feel more comfortable operating from. I don't get it.

You guys...
I made a post like this when we won the first time against AZ in Nov. I was upset that the game ended the way it did and warned that our offense was playing horrible inside the red zone and I got hammerd for it, comments basically telling me I was fu!@ing crazy and we won that's all that should matter blah blah blah but im with you, I want more for our team than just a good record and the who cares as long as we make it to the playoffs, screw that I want to make some noise! The 49ers have been horrible all year i the red zone and on 3rd downs, 49ers go into the playoffs without addressing the issue and we will get blown out by anybody.

We are 1 and done in the playoffs. I'm calling it right now. No way we win a game. Worst offense of any playoff team by far.

good thing defense wins championships
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I made a post like this when we won the first time against AZ in Nov. I was upset that the game ended the way it did and warned that our offense was playing horrible inside the red zone and I got hammerd for it, comments basically telling me I was fu!@ing crazy and we won that's all that should matter blah blah blah but im with you, I want more for our team than just a good record and the who cares as long as we make it to the playoffs, screw that I want to make some noise! The 49ers have been horrible all year i the red zone and on 3rd downs, 49ers go into the playoffs without addressing the issue and we will get blown out by anybody.

I agree.
I think we end up winning the Steelers game ugly (13-9) but we end up losing at Seattle with the very short week. So no bye. The Ariz loss was a really important and bad loss.
Share 49ersWebzone