LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Why is Braylon Edwards still starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Agree. If he's injured - Don't play him! If he isn't injured and playing like he's currently doing - get rid of him. We need to use Williams like the Patriots use Welker.
Originally posted by Kense:
He's been pretty good on his other teams, you really think it's all his fault? You really think crabtree is a bust too? Bolden is slower than them both and with the right qb gets it done. But how dare you think the QB has something to do with their lack of production. It's never smiths fault right?

yes it is ALL his fault..crabtree too

could edwards injuries have something to do with it-? it looked early on that edwards and smith were developing a rapport, remember the nice sideline catch deep down the sideline...edwards injury derailed alot
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The reason he is on the bench has nothing to do with Alex Smith.
he's bad mojo. get him outta hiyaa
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
He's been killing me inside since his return.

Just when we think the passing game is hitting its stride, then it meets a bump on the road named Braylon "not 100% healthy, but 100% jealous" Edwards.

yep, he's bad mojo. git em outta hiyaah
This isnt the first time a quality receiver came to the Niners and had far less than stellar years.

If this was the first time, I would give Alex a little more slack. But it isnt.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
This isnt the first time a quality receiver came to the Niners and had far less than stellar years.

Are you seriously saying Alex has any bearing on Edwards play?

WTF games are you watching?

The guy has a ball hit him in the hip and he had no clue.

The guy had a designed back shoulder pass tossed his way and he never even started to turn his body to make an effort.

Dude looks slower than an elephant but you want to put it on Alex.
The best free agent wideout the 49ers got since Alex was in town (not Darrel Jackson), but Antonio Bryant who just kicked himself off the team with his behavior.
The good news is he will be dirt cheap this offseason
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The good news is he will be dirt cheap this offseason

Based on what we've seen by Braylon, thus far, you get what you pay for.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Are you seriously saying Alex has any bearing on Edwards play?

WTF games are you watching?

The guy has a ball hit him in the hip and he had no clue.

The guy had a designed back shoulder pass tossed his way and he never even started to turn his body to make an effort.

Dude looks slower than an elephant but you want to put it on Alex.

Yeah. Right now Crabtree is making plays all over the field and Braylon can't carry his jock. If nobody were making plays, you'd have a point. But if Crabtree can and Braylon who is supposedly good, can't, then it's on him.

There is no reason. He limps around 1/2 speed and drops all passes thrown his way. With his injuries he also gives half hearted blocking attempts in the run game. I can't see any reason for him to start or why he has been starting?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Because he is a Michigan Man.
Okay, I had really high hopes, but he litterally helped the hawks more than the 9ers when he was on the field.

So much talent...wth...?.????
wrong system?
I really don't understand this guy. It goes beyond just being hurt, because more than half the time he's playing like he's absolutely clueless.
Share 49ersWebzone