There are 166 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think it makes it more difficult for explosive players to come back. You can still run on a strained/tender hammy after a week but you can't explode. Strained mine from over training since I was the most flexible I had ever been.

I agree. This is why I think Willis should sit unitl the Seahawks game if its just pulled/strained. Outside of being a supreme tackler, he is nothing if he isn't explosive. But he needs to be able to explode confidently into the gaps and explode confidently into tackles.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:25 PM ]
I think he'll be back for the monday night game he's a monster and wouldnt miss that one unless he's severely injured.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I think he'll be back for the monday night game he's a monster and wouldnt miss that one unless he's severely injured.

You are so right. He is a werrior, and a durable one at that. But I don't think the coaching staff needs to rush him back or should be suckered in to letting him rush himself back. In the grand scheme of things we are in the playoffs and now are playing for seeding. With Grant filling in good the last 4 game are STILL very winnable even without Willis. So the #1 seed is still in sight for us and our #2 seed isn't much in jeopardy unless we just break down mentally.
its also a good chance for bowman to stand on his own for the few who believe hes only as good as he is cus of willis beside him, if his play dont drop off at all he will get a ton of credit
Originally posted by Elric:
Hamstrings 4-6 weeks if there torn.

If you comback to early you will tear them again.

Willis is tough as nails standing strait up you don't feel it but any bending and you will.

best case rest him for 4 weeks and let hom loose in the play offs.
Andre Johnson
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Honestly I'd rather him sit the rest of the season than have a chance at missing the playoffs. Just not worth it to me... There should be no rush whatsoever after clinching the division tonight. Besides, we got a new beast in Larry Grant and P.Willis junior.

I thought we are in the playoffs......

he means Willis missing the playoffs.

yep
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm actually worried Pat's injury is little more severe then they think it is.

i am not this is the superstar of the defense probably a pulled hammy or strain and trainers dont want him to aggrevate it... he seemed fine on the sidelines and even when hurt on the field it wasn't hard to tell it wasn't very serious

Not so fast. Anytime you see Willis laid out on the ground with his head in the grass it could be really serious. This dude is tough as nails and plays through broken bones. Yeah he looked good on the sideline but if it were minor at all I would guess Willis jogs off the field then talks to trainers.

you underestimate the power of the hammy! i doubt its a pulled hammy (even though i said that before) but even minor hamstring injuries can be extremely painful but they subside quickly (within the same game quickly) again it could've been reaggrevated so trainers likely said stay on the bench larry grant is doing well and we can't have you hurt

Yeah thats obvious. But my point is nobody was in his ear on the field telling him to stay down. And even bad injuries Willis still gets up. And you seem to underestimate how much a hammy can linger. Yeah they feel like they heal up real quick and you can walk easily. Then go try to accelerate or sprint.

i do know how much a hammy can linger. i am not worried because he will likely be out next game. if he is he can still play effectively on that hammy for the pittsburgh game. and just having him out there as an emotional leader of the defense can give the unit itself a boost
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
He faked the injury because he was scared of Steven Jackson.
Source: Willis to miss practice time, "probably" a game

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Source-Willis-to-miss-practice-time-prob?blockID=606318&feedID=5884
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

TAKE THAT BACK!

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Source: 49ers LB Patrick Willis won't require surgery on hamstring, just rest. He'll "probably" miss a game. bit.ly/vAVYbc
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Schulzy:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Source: 49ers LB Patrick Willis won't require surgery on hamstring, just rest. He'll "probably" miss a game. bit.ly/vAVYbc

great. he's also scared of Benie Wells!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he did it to let larry grant face his old team and exact payback
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Source-Willis-to-miss-practice-time-prob?blockID=606318&feedID=5884

Linebacker Patrick Willis is expected to miss practice time and "probably" the 49ers' game Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals with a right hamstring injury, a source told CSNBayArea.com on Monday.Read more: Source: Willis to miss practice time, 'probably' a game.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

awesome. i say keep him out this week no matter what.
Share 49ersWebzone