There are 267 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xela510:
I definitely dont want to play the Packers in the playoffs. Yes, we beat them our past 3 meetings but it is extremely to beat a team 4 times in a row. We all know they will be looking for revenge also.

Id rather play GB than Philly right now. Its close though. Would much rather play the bears or cowboys.
We're still playing Chicago, I have a funny 'gut' vibe about all this Rodgers hype. -It could end ugly.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
meh, i think the format is good, gives more incentive to win your division and if you cant win on the road you shouldnt be in the playoffs anyway

esp against a team whos 9-7

I also think it adds to the intrigue. Everyone hated on the BCS, but there was always some storyline or something to talk about. I think the current playoff structure is the best playoff structure outside of March Madness.
Let's go Lambs. Let's go Yucks.
If SF and Dallas win on Sunday do Niners play Cowboys?
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

1. If SF, DAL, and CHI win, we play DAL.
2. If SF loses, CHI loses, and NO + DAL wins, we play the Cowboys (#3 vs #6).
3. If SF, DAL & GB win, we play GB due to GB tie + strength of schedule.

The #2 option has a scary flip-side depending upon the NFC East winner (we could face Philly).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

1. If SF, DAL, and CHI win, we play DAL.
2. If SF loses, CHI loses, and NO + DAL wins, we play the Cowboys (#3 vs #6).
3. If SF, DAL & GB win, we play GB due to GB tie + strength of schedule.

The #2 option has a scary flip-side depending upon the NFC East winner (we could face Philly).

not worried about philly
Let's pretend the unthinkable happens: We beat the Cardinals and the Seahawks lose to the Rams. That would give us the division after trailing the 11-1 Seahawks with a 8-4 record with four weeks left to play... Seems like a comeback that would be remembered for many years...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I am expecting the "unthinkable" to happen...
Go Rams!!

Go Niners!!!

Originally posted by kray28:
I am expecting the "unthinkable" to happen...

same here. the seahawks dont think they are immortals anymore after the last two weeks and it seems like were on fire while theyre cooling off. if the niners pull this off this will completely destroy them going into the playoffs and theyll be steamrolled in the wildcard round by s**tty dallas with kyle orton or something. then we eventually steam roll dallas on our way to a superbowl
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As the 5th seed I'm praying we play the Bears and not the Packers.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 27, 2013 at 6:37 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
do not care where we go or who we play. this team can compete with anyone in the north or east on the road, the saints down there and seattle up there is a bit more of a challenge but i just hope the team gets themselves in that type of a situation.
Matt Barrows at sacbee.com has a good rundown of some possible scenarios. I agree with him that the #5 seed would be the best scenario assuming Seattle doesn't lay an egg and drop the division title in our laps. 5th seed we'd play either GB or CHI. According to him if NO wins their finale they'd go to PHI, and if they win there (likely) they'd go to Seattle. If NO can pull off an upset in SEA then they'd play us in SF. How great would that be? Of course if they lose to SEA we get to go into SEA after they've played a playoff game against a good offense, so they won't be as fresh off the bye.
Originally posted by xtm059:
not worried about philly

You're not worried about Philly? They're offense is scary good, ours wouldn't be able to keep up in a shoot out I don't think. The defense could only contain them so much, there is a lot of talent on this Eagles squad. Nick Foles is someone you can't take for granted either, he's been throwing the ball well all year. I'd much rather have Dallas or Chicago.
Share 49ersWebzone