There are 282 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
I am not saying this is probable but it's possible with one weekend to go.

If SF wins their division, the 49ers will have to travel to NO or Carolina to get to the SB. All other games would go through the stick.

If they don't win the division, SF faces a game in NO, Carolina or Seattle plus wherever the first round opponent is. In other words, they would have to really earn a SB this year.

If it's meant to be, they'll make it happen.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Guys -- this nifty tool has been around for a while:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Thanks!

For some reason it has us as the first seed and the Saints as the second seed if the 49ers win out and both Seattle and Carolina lose their next game.

I'm wondering how the Saints win the division since they will still have the same record as Carolina, but Carloina should hold the tiebreaker by beating the Saints both times. Maybe I'm missing something.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
For some reason it has us as the first seed and the Saints as the second seed if the 49ers win out and both Seattle and Carolina lose their next game.

I'm wondering how the Saints win the division since they will still have the same record as Carolina, but Carloina should hold the tiebreaker by beating the Saints both times. Maybe I'm missing something.

The saints smoked CAR a couple weeks ago
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

The saints smoked CAR a couple weeks ago

Opps, must of had my history mixed up. I was thinking CAR beat them.
Wow, Tony Romo out for the season. Eagles it is.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wow, Tony Romo out for the season. Eagles it is.

That's one less team we don't have to worry about.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Here we go:

If SEA wins:
- They get #1 seed
- If NO loses, SF gets #5
- If NO wins and SF loses, SF gets #6, AZ out

If SEA loses:
- SF win and CAR win = SF is #2 seed, CAR #1 seed, SEA #5
- SF win + CAR loss = SF #1 seed

If AZ wins:
- NO win = AZ out of playoffs
- NO loss = AZ #6 seed

AZ can only get the #6 seed, nothing higher. AZ must win for a chance.
[ Edited by okdkid on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM ]
I want Carolina and Seattle
  • Liono
Looks like if we win, we'll be playing the winner of the Packers/Bears game next week, and if we lose, it's the Eagles.

That could be interesting, because if Aaron Rogers comes back vs the Bears and beats them, that could mean we'd be playing the Packers in Lambeau vs Aaron Rogers. I think I'd rather lose and take on the Eagles.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Liono:
Looks like if we win, we'll be playing the winner of the Packers/Bears game next week, and if we lose, it's the Eagles.

That could be interesting, because if Aaron Rogers comes back vs the Bears and beats them, that could mean we'd be playing the Packers in Lambeau vs Aaron Rogers. I think I'd rather lose and take on the Eagles.

They're all tough games at this point. I'm indifferent. Bring 'em on.

Lets go rams, falcons, cowboys and bears. Watch all those teams get raped because its asking for too much
Originally posted by Liono:

I'm so damn tired of the Pack. This division was the Bears to lose.
Strange f**king year. It's now week 17 and it's still up in the air whether we're a 1, 2 , 5, or 6 seed.
Would any ties in the final week really screw up the playoff seeding?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Strange f**king year. It's now week 17 and it's still up in the air whether we're a 1, 2 , 5, or 6 seed.

1,2,5,or 6 seed it doesn't matter! This is our year and no one is getting in our way!
Share 49ersWebzone