LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if i have to hear"if roman pulls his head out of his ass" one more time ,, my god,, we keep saying this and if we are not careful we will end up at home watching other teams in the playoffs saying " if roman pulls his head out of his ass" with this glazed look on our face. he has PROVEN he has not aclue how to use our weapons, he has PROVEN he has no clue what to do when opposing defenses take things away from us. what in the world makes anyone think he will all of a sudden pull his head out of his ass??
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
its only interesting b/c we have sucked chode the last 2 weeks and are barely in it

Barely in it? We are in the thick of it! Yes we are teetering on the edge of the 6th seed but we are in the driver's seat for a wild card berth. We just need to get the offense on track. The concern of course would be who is going to produce for us at WR? We don't have Delanie anymore to provide that punch in our 2 TE sets but I have faith that we will begin to make plays offensively. Go Niners!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
its only interesting b/c we have sucked chode the last 2 weeks and are barely in it

Barely in it? We are in the thick of it! Yes we are teetering on the edge of the 6th seed but we are in the driver's seat for a wild card berth. We just need to get the offense on track. The concern of course would be who is going to produce for us at WR? We don't have Delanie anymore to provide that punch in our 2 TE sets but I have faith that we will begin to make plays offensively. Go Niners!!

I'm pulling for us getting the 5th seed. I think Carolina will choke it away.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:06 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:04 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
In our 4 losses, the offense couldn't do anything. The only way we win the rest of our games is if the offense can get back on track. I just don't know if that happens even with Crabs coming back.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
In our 4 losses, the offense couldn't do anything. The only way we win the rest of our games is if the offense can get back on track. I just don't know if that happens even with Crabs coming back.

We're going to have to do it without Crabs, because I don't think he's going to be ready until late December.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
sorry, i did not double post,, my computer went insane

A good craftsman never blames his tools
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
sorry, i did not double post,, my computer went insane

A good craftsman never blames his tools

It's not your fault, the webzone has had it's gremlins this morning.
Originally posted by nostradoofus:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by nostradoofus:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont know how you guys are so optimistic. Regardless of whos fault it is, the way this offense is playing there is a strong possibility we dont even win another division game. It is reality that this offense is the worst in the league by a large margin.

It's true! Our offense sucks. 168 ypg passing--last in the league. 309 ypg total offense, 29th, but only 1.2 ypg out of 31st. We can't pass. We can't move the ball. We basically suck. Get rid of Kaepernick. He's a head case. The Seahawks have not lost by more than 7 points in over 2 years. The Niners have been blown out by 20 or more 4 times in a little over a year.

Get rid of Kaepernick? So you want to go with Colt?

Don't go with Colt until the 9ers are mathematically eliminated. Deal Kaepernick in the offseason and trade up to either pick one from the draft or find one in free agency. Kaepernick is NOT the answer.

Ok I am getting sick of this foolishness. Kaepernick is in his 3rd season and has started 17 games. There are 16 games in a season. No one, not Harbaugh, not Baalke, no one is in a position to know if he is the answer. Last year it looked as though he was, this year not so much. But quarterbacks take time to develop.

But one thing I am sure of. Colt is not the answer. So starting him would be foolish, even if we have been eliminated. The only way Colt starts is if Kaep gets injured.

You suggest that we can find a starting qb in free agency. No. Won't happen. We may be able to pick up a developmental prospect, but we are not going to be able to find an affordable starting qb who can be bolted in and take us to next year's Super Bowl. The only option if Kaep fails, and we are at least a year off finding that out, is through the draft. As we need to replace, imv, both of our back up quarterbacks I believe we will be actively searching in next year's draft. But this will not mean that Kaep is finished.

So let's be a little more sensible on the subject of quarterbacks.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Ok I am getting sick of this foolishness. Kaepernick is in his 3rd season and has started 17 games. There are 16 games in a season. No one, not Harbaugh, not Baalke, no one is in a position to know if he is the answer. Last year it looked as though he was, this year not so much. But quarterbacks take time to develop.

But one thing I am sure of. Colt is not the answer. So starting him would be foolish, even if we have been eliminated. The only way Colt starts is if Kaep gets injured.

You suggest that we can find a starting qb in free agency. No. Won't happen. We may be able to pick up a developmental prospect, but we are not going to be able to find an affordable starting qb who can be bolted in and take us to next year's Super Bowl. The only option if Kaep fails, and we are at least a year off finding that out, is through the draft. As we need to replace, imv, both of our back up quarterbacks I believe we will be actively searching in next year's draft. But this will not mean that Kaep is finished.

agree. ck has not played well at times but he has also had plenty of help from his coaches to his "weapons'. but he has done nothing to lose his job and when you consider the guys behind him, that should just end all of silly blather right there. i would like to think the only people to really think he should be benched as those who say it in the heat of the game when we are having our lovely 30 second roman drives. as english said, the only thing that will be replaced or should be replaced next year is our entire backup quarterback situation. for the few who actually really think ck should be replaced,, do you really really think things would get better if we threw colt or whoever in there?? good lord people. i am not pleased with the offense and how we play vs good teams but even i know where the line is
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree. ck has not played well at times but he has also had plenty of help from his coaches to his "weapons'. but he has done nothing to lose his job and when you consider the guys behind him, that should just end all of silly blather right there. i would like to think the only people to really think he should be benched as those who say it in the heat of the game when we are having our lovely 30 second roman drives. as english said, the only thing that will be replaced or should be replaced next year is our entire backup quarterback situation. for the few who actually really think ck should be replaced,, do you really really think things would get better if we threw colt or whoever in there?? good lord people. i am not pleased with the offense and how we play vs good teams but even i know where the line is
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jesus christ, i think this is a sign i will stop posting today

So how come you managed to only post that once?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

So how come you managed to only post that once?
i have no clue. its like every other post gets double posted,, i bet this gets double posted
Share 49ersWebzone