There are 167 users in the forums

Are we "a very soft 9 - 2?" The WE DIDN'T PLAY ANYBODY argument.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
#6 may be to high. We will lose to the Steelers and probably lose at Seattle. Saints could take the #2 seed. Entering the playoffs we could be the worst NFC playoff team. We will definately be the worst offense. Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL.

noob.

MDNiner?
It sounds like some people would be ok with losing to so-so or bad teams instead of 2 good teams. If we were still 9-2 but instead of losing to Baltimore and Dallas let's say we beat those teams and our loses came from washington and cleveland... would that really be better. PEOPLE WE HAVE ONLY LOST 2 GAMES AND THEY WERE AGAINST GOOD TEAMS. I think we beat ourselves in those games as well, although the other teams still made plays. We beat the teams we should and don't have setbacks and the good teams we play, we keep it close and find a way to win. We have flaws but every team does. I hate this crap about Elite QBs and top tier. How did Bree's work out last year for NO's in the playoffs?? Brady hasn't advanced deep into the playoffs in how many years??? Green Bay looks great but you play solid teams every week in the playoffs. Any team can win. No one gave the Giants a shot when they won their SB as a wild card. The same with GB last year. I think Pitt also won as a wild card. Even Indy when they won the experts said they couldn't win because they couldn't stop the run. When the playoffs hit a different team showed up. Play with no turnovers and a solid D in January and we have a great chance to go to the SB...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
It sounds like some people would be ok with losing to so-so or bad teams instead of 2 good teams. If we were still 9-2 but instead of losing to Baltimore and Dallas let's say we beat those teams and our loses came from washington and cleveland... would that really be better. PEOPLE WE HAVE ONLY LOST 2 GAMES AND THEY WERE AGAINST GOOD TEAMS. I think we beat ourselves in those games as well, although the other teams still made plays. We beat the teams we should and don't have setbacks and the good teams we play, we keep it close and find a way to win. We have flaws but every team does. I hate this crap about Elite QBs and top tier. How did Bree's work out last year for NO's in the playoffs?? Brady hasn't advanced deep into the playoffs in how many years??? Green Bay looks great but you play solid teams every week in the playoffs. Any team can win. No one gave the Giants a shot when they won their SB as a wild card. The same with GB last year. I think Pitt also won as a wild card. Even Indy when they won the experts said they couldn't win because they couldn't stop the run. When the playoffs hit a different team showed up. Play with no turnovers and a solid D in January and we have a great chance to go to the SB...

Beating the good teams and losing to bad teams is better than losing to good teams and beating bad teams.

Some of these playoff teams don't get up for all regular season games. But come playoff time, these teams with experience will be a lot tougher to beat.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

Beating the good teams and losing to bad teams is better than losing to good teams and beating bad teams.

Some of these playoff teams don't get up for all regular season games. But come playoff time, these teams with experience will be a lot tougher to beat.
If you lose to one bad team that happens every now and then. When you lose to a couple of bad teams, doesn't that show inconsistentcy. That the players need motovation to get up and play but they relax against teams that don't seem as tough to play. I would not want to be that type of team in January. When you only lose to good teams, it says you do your job every week.
Good Lord, after a EIGHT GAME WINNING STREAK we lose ONE GAME on a short week trip to the east coast to a good football team and now this? things like this makes me dislike my own fanbase
#6 may be to high. We will lose to the Steelers and probably lose at Seattle. Saints could take the #2 seed. Entering the playoffs we could be the worst NFC playoff team. We will definately be the worst offense. Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL.

LMFAOO!!!!
We are a very solid 9-2, wouldn't say soft at all.. we lost to a very good cowboys team who is always a favorites for the superbowl the last 5 years and they are starting to play very well.. and to a great defense in the ravens who are great at home.. 2 losses by a combined 13 points is not bad at all.. had we lost those games in weak fashion, then you can argue we are a soft 9-2, but when your defense is a sure top 3, your special teams is arguably top 5 and your run game is very aggresive most times than not, you are a contender and are 9-2 record backs that up
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

LMFAOO!!!!

Maybe we should just forfeit the rest of the season since we're going to lose in the playoffs to anyone we play.
One thing is for sure, I do not want us to play the Saints. After last years loss to SEA, this team will be determined not to lose in their 1st game.

Going into balt game, I felt we were #2 team in NFL. Now reality has set in and we are no better than #2 or 3 team in NFC. If the blitzing D of Saints played us tomorrow, we'd lose. Coach has to work on x rushes and CB and SS Blitzes, plus just plain old blitzes in general. We are today not as good as Balt until coach H works on:
OL and blitzing recognition and pickup

O and quick 1 step slants and outs when on 3, 5, and 7 steppers, our QB is getting mauled, sacked, hit and hurried (9sacks, 10 maulings, 11 hits, 11 hurries)

Front 7 plays great but D backfield plays off 6-10 yds and allows one completion after another/ hence tight coverage and also incr CB and Ss blitzes

O doing nothing until 2 min drill, and then in last 2 mins we have Balt back on their heels...but we never do it again....all game. You know coach will note that.

Coach works with chilo on footwork, handwork, blitz recognition, x rush recognition...but as is we would have been better off with Kapernick at RG.

If Coach can fix all these things, then we have a legit shot at Big Game, and if ravens, could win it. But all the above has to be addressed and fixed first.
I would say we are a solid 9-2. There has been a ton of injuries, and we have been fortunate to not have a ton. The only thing that would make everyone say we were a "Hard" 9-2 is a run and gun passing offense that averages 350 yards a game....everybody knows it, I just said it.

We've got a top 3 defense, and a good enough offense to win games, so I say we are a legit 9-2.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Going into balt game, I felt we were #2 team in NFL. Now reality has set in and we are no better than #2 or 3 team in NFC. If the blitzing D of Saints played us tomorrow, we'd lose. Coach has to work on x rushes and CB and SS Blitzes, plus just plain old blitzes in general. We are today not as good as Balt until coach H works on:
OL and blitzing recognition and pickup

O and quick 1 step slants and outs when on 3, 5, and 7 steppers, our QB is getting mauled, sacked, hit and hurried (9sacks, 10 maulings, 11 hits, 11 hurries)

Front 7 plays great but D backfield plays off 6-10 yds and allows one completion after another/ hence tight coverage and also incr CB and Ss blitzes

O doing nothing until 2 min drill, and then in last 2 mins we have Balt back on their heels...but we never do it again....all game. You know coach will note that.

Coach works with chilo on footwork, handwork, blitz recognition, x rush recognition...but as is we would have been better off with Kapernick at RG.

If Coach can fix all these things, then we have a legit shot at Big Game, and if ravens, could win it. But all the above has to be addressed and fixed first.

I don't think so. I think the BAL game is the difference between a team that has had key players together for years now and they know the system in and out vs a team that barely knows the system getting about 2 days to prep.
We have a what amounts to a two game lead on the Saints with our 7-1 conference record vs. New Orleans 5-3 conference record. If we finish with the same record we're in the #2 slot.

WTF I really don't mean to insult anyone but I think some "fans" are just unbelievable. Loose to Seattle, are you drunk? We could be the worst NFC playoff team? For you to believe that you HAVE to think the 9ers are going to self-destruct - coaching staff, defence and all - these last 5 games. What fu*king season have you been watching? How can anyone but a drydock bare naked hater come up with such logic if they are truely watching THIS season?

"Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL." Utterly asinine!! New rule: People should actually think before they speak.
Share 49ersWebzone