LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Are we "a very soft 9 - 2?" The WE DIDN'T PLAY ANYBODY argument.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Good Lord, after a EIGHT GAME WINNING STREAK we lose ONE GAME on a short week trip to the east coast to a good football team and now this? things like this makes me dislike my own fanbase

'aint the Niner Talk awesome.
True dat
[ Edited by PrimeTime on Nov 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
True dat

Yes, but the Niners have 5 times as many Lombardi trophies as all of those teams....combined.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm happy as hell no matter what happens the rest of the year. We have long term hope and are the kings of the West again... But, I think we are probably the fourth best team in the NFC right now. GB, NO and b*tch a55 Dallas are better than us. Dallas is really good right now. Although, in the playoffs we can still make a run depending on the weather situation, etc. I just think those teams can shred our secondary and it'll be difficult to keep up in a high scoring type of game.

NO and Dallas have both proven they can lose to a garbage team

Any team can lose any Sunday. Picking out an anomaly doesn't prove much.

The Packers don't lose....
we've played 11 teams and beaten 9 of them.

/thread.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
It sounds like some people would be ok with losing to so-so or bad teams instead of 2 good teams. If we were still 9-2 but instead of losing to Baltimore and Dallas let's say we beat those teams and our loses came from washington and cleveland... would that really be better. PEOPLE WE HAVE ONLY LOST 2 GAMES AND THEY WERE AGAINST GOOD TEAMS. I think we beat ourselves in those games as well, although the other teams still made plays. We beat the teams we should and don't have setbacks and the good teams we play, we keep it close and find a way to win. We have flaws but every team does. I hate this crap about Elite QBs and top tier. How did Bree's work out last year for NO's in the playoffs?? Brady hasn't advanced deep into the playoffs in how many years??? Green Bay looks great but you play solid teams every week in the playoffs. Any team can win. No one gave the Giants a shot when they won their SB as a wild card. The same with GB last year. I think Pitt also won as a wild card. Even Indy when they won the experts said they couldn't win because they couldn't stop the run. When the playoffs hit a different team showed up. Play with no turnovers and a solid D in January and we have a great chance to go to the SB...

I think all those winning teams had better offense than us.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

/thread.

Only the weak ones. Not the elite ones...
What utter and complete nonsense. Our schedule is sooooo easy that teams with an even easier strength of schedule can't post a better record.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

/thread.

you can only play the teams on your schedule.

also: who are the elite teams? You could make an argument against each and every team with 3 or fewer losses. As soon as GB loses, they're flaws will become more apparent. And if they don't lose, then, cool, they're the only elite team in the NFL. They're not on our schedule though, so hopefully we get a chance to prove ourselves against them.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We didn't lose to any elite ones either. Baltimore and Dallas is good but neither is what I'd call elite. Moreover, you play the games on your schedule. Give a damn what our opponents records are. We won.

End.

To be fair SD it's not like those teams where all 4-7 when we played them. They have all went on losing streaks since we played them. They were 5-0, 6-2, 1-2, 0-1, 3-1... none of them where playing that bad of ball either. In fact you could say Detroit, Giants, and TB were playing their best ball of the season when they faced us.

To me it's any given sunday... we are good enough to beat any team in the league and if we play bad enough we could lose to probably 1/2 to 3/4 of the league on our worst day. Heck, most teams could.... Now, if we play the Ravens AT HOME with 7 days rest and get killed I am a lot less worried then being timed 6-6 going into the 4th on 2 or 3 days practice (1 travel day) and going across country. The Ravens played like it was the playoffs and their fans acted like it as well. A couple of unlucky plays and we could have won. Ted Ginn's TD probably changed the entire game. Same with Brown's int.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 29, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
#6 may be to high. We will lose to the Steelers and probably lose at Seattle. Saints could take the #2 seed. Entering the playoffs we could be the worst NFC playoff team. We will definately be the worst offense. Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL.

WTF I really don't mean to insult anyone but I think some "fans" are just unbelievable. Loose to Seattle, are you drunk? We could be the worst NFC playoff team? For you to believe that you HAVE to think the 9ers are going to self-destruct - coaching staff, defence and all - these last 5 games. What fu*king season have you been watching? How can anyone but a drydock bare naked hater come up with such logic if they are truely watching THIS season?

"Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL." Utterly asinine!! New rule: People should actually think before they speak.

I dont think we can beat BALT, NE, PITT either. Jets would prob beat us, as would HOU or CHI if they had their QB's. If we replayed Philly or NYG, I wouldn't place a bet either. Thinking we were the 2nd best team in the NFL was asinine. Even the BCS system would have looked at strength of schedule, quality wins....How does our win at 4-7 Philly look now. Or our proud drubbing of 4-7 Tampa Bay. Cleveland could have beat us, Cleveland with their 3 string RB....

If you think we can beat NO or GB, the last 2 superbowl winners after watching this same season you question, you should come spend a Sunday on my couch and I'll try and teach you a couple things about a game called FOOTBALL. Dallas already beat us and is the kind of team we dont want to see in the Playoffs....That kind of team is one that has an offense that can score more then 20 points. If anyone scores 20 on us, we probably lose. Baltimore only needed 16, I mean 7. I'm not disapointed in the Baltimore game. I expected the better team to win at home. The point is, I knew they were the better team.
#6 may be to high. We will lose to the Steelers and probably lose at Seattle. Saints could take the #2 seed. Entering the playoffs we could be the worst NFC playoff team. We will definately be the worst offense. Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL.

WTF I really don't mean to insult anyone but I think some "fans" are just unbelievable. Loose to Seattle, are you drunk? We could be the worst NFC playoff team? For you to believe that you HAVE to think the 9ers are going to self-destruct - coaching staff, defence and all - these last 5 games. What fu*king season have you been watching? How can anyone but a drydock bare naked hater come up with such logic if they are truely watching THIS season?

"Playoffs were the goal at the beginning of the year. I think we should be happy just to get there, because we cant beat GB, NO, or DAL." Utterly asinine!! New rule: People should actually think before they speak.

I dont think we can beat BALT, NE, PITT either. Jets would prob beat us, as would HOU or CHI if they had their QB's. If we replayed Philly or NYG, I wouldn't place a bet either. Thinking we were the 2nd best team in the NFL was asinine. Even the BCS system would have looked at strength of schedule, quality wins....How does our win at 4-7 Philly look now. Or our proud drubbing of 4-7 Tampa Bay. Cleveland could have beat us, Cleveland with their 3 string RB....

If you think we can beat NO or GB, the last 2 superbowl winners after watching this same season you question, you should come spend a Sunday on my couch and I'll try and teach you a couple things about a game called FOOTBALL. Dallas already beat us and is the kind of team we dont want to see in the Playoffs....That kind of team is one that has an offense that can score more then 20 points. If anyone scores 20 on us, we probably lose. Baltimore only needed 16, I mean 7. I'm not disapointed in the Baltimore game. I expected the better team to win at home. The point is, I knew they were the better team.

i bet you are really fun to watch a game with.

i bet you are really fun to watch a game with.
WE arent soft, but I have been saying all season "we aren't ready yet"

The teams we played at the beginning of the season looked like they would be a challenge, but they are all having rough years so its not much of a measuring stick for us. I hope we get a first round bye, because I'd hate to have one wildcard game at home, then go on the road to the packers for round 2. and get beat like 44-10.
Share 49ersWebzone