LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

Why do they always use the same audible signal?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
So does that mean he made a terrible job of making protection changes in last nights game and he couldn't identify if the blitz was coming?

Depends on how far you're willing to go to ignore logic and your own two eyes. Our o-line played like crap and it wasn't because of the protection calls. It was because they just got man-handled.

couldnt have said it better. but also, I didn't see a whole of of fancy blitzes. I saw 55 and 99 light us up. and they come on every down.

alex could have called out the right protection, but did the oline execute? he could only do so much.

sidenote: I smell a hint of smith hating in your post, Norwalk.

More like questioning bro which still no one seems to know why we rank 27th in the league offensively which has been our problem for years? Our defense has been carrying us all year.
Originally posted by phatcat:
Everytime I see him do that they run a running play. I dont recall a play when they pass after this signal.

Then you aren't paying close enough attention to the game.
So does that mean he made a terrible job of making protection changes in last nights game and he couldn't identify if the blitz was coming?

Depends on how far you're willing to go to ignore logic and your own two eyes. Our o-line played like crap and it wasn't because of the protection calls. It was because they just got man-handled.

couldnt have said it better. but also, I didn't see a whole of of fancy blitzes. I saw 55 and 99 light us up. and they come on every down.

alex could have called out the right protection, but did the oline execute? he could only do so much.

This plus the center makes some of the calls for protection changes
  • 49er
  • Veteran
Im sure everyone has noticed that whenever Alex Smith calls out an audible from a pass to run play he uses the same signal, (rolling signal with his arms that Donavan McNabb uses is the best way I can describe it). Its like telling the whole defense we are about to execute a run play on you!! They always use the same signal its driving me nuts!! Anyone can elaborate on this?

I thought the same thing at first (they always run) but now I've seen the offense actually execute at least 2 pass plays after using the "let it roll" audible. One of those 2 pass plays was a play-action pass. So now I'm not too worried that it's giving away the play.

More like questioning bro which still no one seems to know why we rank 27th in the league offensively which has been our problem for years? Our defense has been carrying us all year.

What? We're 27th in yards? Yards don't mean that much, take a look at where we stand on scoring points.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
he's listening to Gloria Estefan in his earpiece so it means he's gonna do the conga

so it's not "let it roll" but "rhythm's gonna get ya! rythm's gonna get ya! set..."

Classic

gotcha. it's bot all on smith. watch the game again and see all the breakdowns along the oline. as soon as snyder went down, all protection fell apart. as for 27th ranked: as someone else pointed out, yards versus points is a whole different story. we are NOT green bay or new orleans. we don't throw and throw and rack up yards. we run and control the clock and lean on our awesome defense to hold and take away.
let it troll
Everytime I see him do that they run a running play. I dont recall a play when they pass after this signal.

This thread is the reason why your friends don't watch the game with you.
LORD WHY WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MSteitz468:

What? We're 27th in yards? Yards don't mean that much, take a look at where we stand on scoring points.

27th in total offense rushing & passing, 30th in converting on 3rd downs only Cardinals and Rams are worst. Harbaugh has to fix these issues leading to the playoffs for us to succeed.

gotcha. it's bot all on smith. watch the game again and see all the breakdowns along the oline. as soon as snyder went down, all protection fell apart. as for 27th ranked: as someone else pointed out, yards versus points is a whole different story. we are NOT green bay or new orleans. we don't throw and throw and rack up yards. we run and control the clock and lean on our awesome defense to hold and take away.

were built on a run first oriented offense and I understand that but in the playoffs you gotta pass were 30th in the league in converting 3rd downs as an offense not good.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I always thought when he says let it roll he wants to storm the cockpit on the terrorists.. and by terrorists he means Gore up the gut on Seattle.

were built on a run first oriented offense and I understand that but in the playoffs you gotta pass were 30th in the league in converting 3rd downs as an offense not good.

who says we have to? look, I'd love for us to pass like we did against the giants, but we're not built for that. the only success is NOT just found in passing. but I guess we'll find out soon, and I'm excited to see how we stack up.
The audible signal is the same but the other team has no idea what we are going to audible to. They just know it's an audible. But an audible to what?
Share 49ersWebzone