LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Why do they always use the same audible signal?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im sure everyone has noticed that whenever Alex Smith calls out an audible from a pass to run play he uses the same signal, (rolling signal with his arms that Donavan McNabb uses is the best way I can describe it). Its like telling the whole defense we are about to execute a run play on you!! They always use the same signal its driving me nuts!! Anyone can elaborate on this?
[ Edited by phatcat on Nov 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM ]
Let it roll......
Yeah what does "let it roll" mean?
The signal is the same but the play isn't. He's just telling the offense to either (let it) roll with the same play, or kill and and go with option two. Lots of teams do this.
THere are two plays called in the huddle...one is the Primary which if he makes reads at the line and he wants to keeop that play he does the "let it roll"

if he doesnt like the D then he can change to the second play by saying "kill it"
Originally posted by ubaisore:
THere are two plays called in the huddle...one is the Primary which if he makes reads at the line and he wants to keeop that play he does the "let it roll"

if he doesnt like the D then he can change to the second play by saying "kill it"

/thread
it's not an audible. it means "let it roll". he calls two plays in the huddle, the first part of that play IS the play. if he "rolls his arms" in means the play stands. if he gives the signal to kill, everyone knows that the second part of the play is now the play to be ran. he also changes the protection as he reads defenses and identifies the blitz.

there are about 4 f**king threads on this.
Everytime I see him do that they run a running play. I dont recall a play when they pass after this signal.
he's listening to Gloria Estefan in his earpiece so it means he's gonna do the conga
Originally posted by 76Razor:
it's not an audible. it means "let it roll". he calls two plays in the huddle, the first part of that play IS the play. if he "rolls his arms" in means the play stands. if he gives the signal to kill, everyone knows that the second part of the play is now the play to be ran. he also changes the protection as he reads defenses and identifies the blitz.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kill kill kill
Originally posted by 76Razor:

So does that mean he made a terrible job of making protection changes in last nights game and he couldn't identify if the blitz was coming?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
he's listening to Gloria Estefan in his earpiece so it means he's gonna do the conga

so it's not "let it roll" but "rhythm's gonna get ya! rythm's gonna get ya! set..."
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
So does that mean he made a terrible job of making protection changes in last nights game and he couldn't identify if the blitz was coming?

Depends on how far you're willing to go to ignore logic and your own two eyes. Our o-line played like crap and it wasn't because of the protection calls. It was because they just got man-handled.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Depends on how far you're willing to go to ignore logic and your own two eyes. Our o-line played like crap and it wasn't because of the protection calls. It was because they just got man-handled.

couldnt have said it better. but also, I didn't see a whole of of fancy blitzes. I saw 55 and 99 light us up. and they come on every down.

alex could have called out the right protection, but did the oline execute? he could only do so much.

sidenote: I smell a hint of smith hating in your post, Norwalk.
Share 49ersWebzone