There are 250 users in the forums

Are you satisfied with Crabtree's career so far?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you satisfied with Crabtree's career so far?

Michael Crabtree was one of the greatest college wide receivers of all time. There was a lot of hype about him when he was coming into the NFL. Are you satisfied with his play so far? Are you disapointed?

Lets not forget that he was drafted number 10 OVERALL, and he sat out the first quarter of his rookie season.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Nov 25, 2011 at 1:47 PM ]
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
I'm not satisfied because I want more. He's doing fine for the role he's playing, I never pegged Crab to be an elite wide out coming out of the draft anyways.
I was gonna vote no, and then I was just reminded about Jose Cortez so I voted that option.
Yes he is getting better every week. The passes targeted towards braylon Edwards need to go to crabtree
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yes he is getting better every week. The passes targeted towards braylon Edwards need to go to crabtree

This.

Braylon isn't 100% and he's hurting the team right now.
I think he's pretty good. I hated him and his DIVA attitude at first. He seems to be getting a more team spirit lately. Plus he is improving. But I think guys are delusional if they ever think he is going to be elite. He's pretty slow. Strong, with good hands and good route running. But a tad bit slow for the NFL. Anyway I'm glad to have him. He's definitely one of the most reliable WR's we have.
I've always heard it takes 3 years for WRs to develop. He's in year 3 and getting better each week. I'm happy with his progress and hope he continues to get better.
When Crabs is 1 on 1 down the field, I would like to see Smith air it out to him and let him go get the ball and make the play. He showed flashes of the leap ability his rookie season and I think he is flat out talent but needs more looks. Crabtree will be a true #1 if he can stay healthy and have a training camp and pre season with his QB
Satisfied - NO! But he is definitely playing better every week and at this rate he will be a solid receiver at the end of the regular season. He is doing more & more things. He is a much better blocker than from game 1 and he seems to fight for the ball more.

I hope he keep it up.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
He set himself up for failure by listening to Deion and that dumb cousin of his; "hold out for more money" etc.. But I'm really happy with his development over the last two years, he had a solid year under a bad offense and our miserable season in general kept the light away from a lot of positives toward the end of the year.

He's well on his way to being a #1 WR -- probably not a Larry Fitz or Santonio Holmes but (excuse me while I try and type this seriously) probably more of a Hines Ward. For his entire career Ward has never been dazzling or crazy but he was Roethlisberger's safety valve until the emergence of Antonio Brown and he was Maddox's and Stewart's safety valve as well. #1 skill but there is always a bigger, flashier player around.....In Crabtree's case we could point to Davis over the last 3 years as Alex's safety valve. Agree?

With the type of personel we have on this team we don't need a Larry Fitz'esque WR -- We have so much talent everywhere with VD, DWalk, Morgan, Crabtree and based on past production Edwards, then we get into the incredible depth out WR with Ginn and Williams.

To get the same ind of production out of Crabtree, we need to use a deep threat on the same side of the ball as him to free up the field for his YAC skills.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I expected him to be a huge YAC and deep threat receiver. Instead he has been a very solid posession receiver with usually great hands. I'm very pleased with what he brings to the game, but he has not lived up to expectations.
Voted yes based on his progression this season. The foot injury kept him from getting in sync with Alex. Week by week he seems to be more on the same page with Alex. Edwards is hurt and thats hurting his time with Alex. He needs to sit until he is 100%. Williams brings more of a spark...........
No, but not all of that is his fault.

He has been playing really good lately though. Last night he was the only offensive player besides Akers who showed up.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I've always heard it takes 3 years for WRs to develop. He's in year 3 and getting better each week. I'm happy with his progress and hope he continues to get better.

This. Since he has been here he has always been in a run first system so he is not getting anywhere near the amount of opportunities as he needs, but I do think he is getting better. Let's just hope he continues to improve just as the team does.
I think he is getting better and more time in practice with Alex can only help.

He does get injured alot and I don't know if its all of the feet injuries or what but man he looks slow/not quick as I had once thought.

I'm slotting him as our solid #2 wr.

A big time speed/quick wr on the other side would really help him out IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone