LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Playoff Picture (likely bye-week for the 49ers inside)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Dallas @ SF for the divisional round REALLY scares me to be honest

We are a different monster this time around ..Bring on the Cowgirls
Originally posted by fastforward:

The 49ers of now are better than the 49ers of week 2, and those 49ers would have beaten the Cowboys had it not for a couple of fluky plays.

Also, Madeu Williams was owned that game. I dont think Goldson gives up the same plays.
Would love to see the 9ers and GB win out and SF beat them in GB. That would be special! Of course, any win would be special compared to the recent past!
all these teams should be scared of us...not us of them. The Saints have regresssed since the start of the season, IMO. Tony Romo doesnt want to get hurt again either. Trust me. Eff the Cowgirls and the Aints. We are the intimidators now!
I hope we get our offense turned in to a finely tuned scoring machine.
Our defense continues to be a finely tuned wrecking machine.
We get the Cowboys and Packers in the playoffs.
...and destroy them both.
So much emotional pain and agony through the years from both of those teams. Bring 'em on!
Plus...my brother = Cowboys fan....my best friends wife = Packers fan
Bragging rights!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Lets take it one week at a time. we could easily lose to both BAL and PIT, and @SEA isnt going to be a cakewalk either. the Seahawks might not be that good, but as the Saints learned last year in the WC, playing at Qwest doesnt guarantee anything no matter how good you are.

we could go 3-3 to finish the season if we arent careful. im just glad this team is well coached enough to not look past opponents.

That's still gonna be good enough for the 2nd seed. None of the NFC East teams will run the table.

if we go 3-3? Im not very comfortable with that. 12-4 is still within the Saints, Bears, and Lions striking distance. theyd each have to go 5-1 to finish, but 3 different teams with that chance is more likely.

I admit getting the 2 seed is going to be alot easier than I thought before I looked at the standings. I cant believe 12-4 is almost our worst case scenario at this point.

The only bad thing about this season is the chance that were all going to be devastated come January. were set up so perfectly. were in line to get a first round bye, a home game, and then even if we have to go to GB, the way our team is built, it has the best chance of anyone to stop Rodgers. and this time, if the field at Lambeau is snowy or rainy, its actually in OUR favor. the GB weather could be helping us.

not to get too far ahead. but things are looking for favorable for this season. Ive almost forgotten what its like to have your season end in heartbreaking fashion.

Romo chokes in January.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Romo chokes in January.

he sure does
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
not sure if seriius...
playoff seeding is as follows

1) best record of division winners
2) second best record OF division winners

3-4) other two division winners

5-6) wild card 2 best records of non division winners. ex. if dallas and redskins bith went 15-1,, one would get a bye one becomes a wild card

therefore its a three team race effectively

Is Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, NYG or Chicago out of their division race? No where is it set in stone that Packers win the North and that the Saints win the South or the Giants win the East. So we are essentially fighting the other 3 division winners but 6 teams are still in the running for those 3 spots.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:18 PM ]
According to the NFL:

San Francisco clinches NFC West division with:

1) SF win + SEA loss or tie OR
2) SF tie + SEA loss

Green Bay clinches a playoff spot with:

1) GB win + DAL loss or tie + ATL loss OR
2) GB win + DAL loss or tie + NO loss OR
3) GB win + ATL loss + NYG loss or tie

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/11/win-lose-or-draw----playoff-scenarios-in-play-this-weekend.html#ixzz1eT6lqM4r

Loose = adjective

1.free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.

2.free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loosecats prowling around in alleyways at night.

3.not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.

4.not put up in a package or other container: loosemushrooms.

Lose = to suffer the deprivation of: to lose one's job; to lose one's life, to lose a game
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Time to play "What if."

Interesting take if you select the results based on D. We take top seed and GB falls all the way to #5.

Ain't going to happen, but fun nonetheless to see. Good stuff!

Have fun!
Originally posted by ninertico:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Time to play "What if."

Interesting take if you select the results based on D. We take top seed and GB falls all the way to #5.

Ain't going to happen, but fun nonetheless to see. Good stuff!

Have fun!

That was fun
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Is Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, NYG or Chicago out of their division race? No where is it set in stone that Packers win the North and that the Saints win the South or the Giants win the East. So we are essentially fighting the other 3 division winners but 6 teams are still in the running for those 3 spots.

If we lose more than 3 games for the rest of the year we don't deserve a bye week

The NFC west isn't a threat because the contenders all have four losses, and they have a few division games left

The packers play the lions twice and the bears once

The only real threat is the Saints at 7-3.
Share 49ersWebzone