LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Playoff Picture (likely bye-week for the 49ers inside)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Packers 10-0
Niners 9-1
Saints 7-3

Saints Play............... Niners Play........... Packers
Giants....................... Ravens ..................Lions
Lions........................ Rams ......................Giants
Tennessee .................Cardinals.............. Raiders
Minnesota................. Steelers............ Chiefs
Atlanta ....................Seahawks............ Bears
Panthers.................. Rams.................. Lions

The saints will most likely loose 2 more games (minimum)
The Giants and Lions are both fighting for a playoff birth
Tennessee minnesota, falcons, panthers should be able to scrape a win

The niners will lose no more than 2 games, but for the sake of argument they go 3-3 (to finish 12-4)

Packers- if the niners only lose 2 games- fight for homefield

Lions 2x, Bears and Giants- tough... final 6 games r not easy- they are more likely to go 3-3 than San Fran by far

That being said- i think its a LOCK for us to get a bye week

Discuss- flame OP
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Nov 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM ]
If the season ended today in the NFC, this is how it would go down:

Wild Card round:

Chicago @ New Orleans ....... Saints win, Cutler is done

Detroit @ Dallas ..... Dallas had the last one in the bag, won't make the same mistake twice

The lower seed - Dallas - would go to Green Bay. I think the Cowboys are one of the few teams in the league that could beat them at home.

New Orleans would go to San Francisco, and the 49ers only need to pull out last year's game tape from the 2nd half to figure out how to beat them. It can be done.

I am down with either Dallas @ San Francisco or San Francisco @ Green Bay for the NFC title. Just like old times.
im not gonna lie guys.. i want to play new orleans more than anyone in the playoffs

you guys remember that a*****e stuff sean payton pulled to us in our very first preseason game? i want harbaugh to get his revenge.

payton embarrassed us... i want us to return the favor.. we are no were near the team we were then
Lets take it one week at a time. we could easily lose to both BAL and PIT, and @SEA isnt going to be a cakewalk either. the Seahawks might not be that good, but as the Saints learned last year in the WC, playing at Qwest doesnt guarantee anything no matter how good you are.

we could go 3-3 to finish the season if we arent careful. im just glad this team is well coached enough to not look past opponents.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Lets take it one week at a time. we could easily lose to both BAL and PIT, and @SEA isnt going to be a cakewalk either. the Seahawks might not be that good, but as the Saints learned last year in the WC, playing at Qwest doesnt guarantee anything no matter how good you are.

we could go 3-3 to finish the season if we arent careful. im just glad this team is well coached enough to not look past opponents.

That's still gonna be good enough for the 2nd seed. None of the NFC East teams will run the table.
all that matters is we win vs Bal and/or Pit, keep the division perfect, we end up 14-2 then have #2 seed locked up. Just keep winning, just keep on winning.
Nothing is ever guaranteed at the pro level. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:12 PM ]
Dallas @ SF for the divisional round REALLY scares me to be honest
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

We had them beat, we just need to learn to finish.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

The 49ers of now are better than the 49ers of week 2, and those 49ers would have beaten the Cowboys had it not for a couple of fluky plays.
i'm more scared of the saints for some reason. i feel like brees can carve us up
Originally posted by tankle104:
im not gonna lie guys.. i want to play new orleans more than anyone in the playoffs

you guys remember that a*****e stuff sean payton pulled to us in our very first preseason game? i want harbaugh to get his revenge.

payton embarrassed us... i want us to return the favor.. we are no were near the team we were then

Not to mention they lost to the f**kin' SEAHAWKS last year. They are the epitome of a team that doesn't play well outdoors in January. It'll be cold and they are a finesse/passing team. That's not compatible/conducive to playing good, outdoor football in January.

*Keep in mind when they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, they played 2 play-off games at home in their dome and then the big dance was in tropical Miami against another finesse/passing team.
We have to keep winning but as it stands now..

2 Game Lead on New Orleans
2 Game Lead on Chicago
3 Game Lead on Atlanta
3 Game Lead on Dallas (They have tiebreaker so it's more like a 2 game lead)
3 Game Lead on Detroit (Although it's pretty much 4 since we beat them head to head)
3 Game Lead on New York (Although it's pretty much 4 since we beat them head to head)

So...

New Orleans, Chicago and Dallas 2 (well 2 1/2)
Atlanta 3
Detroit, New York 4

I think after head to head it is conference record so we should hold tie breakers against Chicago and NO if we would only lose to the AFC teams.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We have to keep winning but as it stands now..

2 Game Lead on New Orleans
2 Game Lead on Chicago
3 Game Lead on Atlanta
3 Game Lead on Dallas (They have tiebreaker so it's more like a 2 game lead)
3 Game Lead on Detroit (Although it's pretty much 4 since we beat them head to head)
3 Game Lead on New York (Although it's pretty much 4 since we beat them head to head)

So...

New Orleans, Chicago and Dallas 2 (well 2 1/2)
Atlanta 3
Detroit, New York 4

I think after head to head it is conference record so we should hold tie breakers against Chicago and NO if we would only lose to the AFC teams.

not sure if seriius...
playoff seeding is as follows

1) best record of division winners
2) second best record OF division winners

3-4) other two division winners

5-6) wild card 2 best records of non division winners. ex. if dallas and redskins bith went 15-1,, one would get a bye one becomes a wild card

therefore its a three team race effectively
Share 49ersWebzone