LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Giants team of the 80s...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Muggins879:
We WON 4 SB's in the 80's. The Giants won 1.

Plus the Redskins went to 3 and won 2.
Yeah well they just said that the only team that has a chance to beat the Packers this year is the team that can put up points. NO would be that team. I'm sorry but I think the 9ers can score on their defense more than the Packers can score on our defense.
yup wrong again NFLN
This morning on the sports reporters they were wondering if the Cowboys or the Bears would be the toughest game for GB in the playoffs. As an afterthought they mentioned that the 9ers offense would not likely to be able to score on GB. Another ray of analytical brightness shines down on the NFL.
let them gloss over and sweep our success under the rug....it will make the shattering of their beloved packers all the more righteously satisfying...
  • Jiks
What have we done to make everybody hate us? I really don't understa..... Oh, maybe it's the 5 Super Bowl Rings we won while most these guys were playing.
  • Envy
  • Veteran

So easy to remember there should be drug testing at NFLN studios.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Envy:

How long does crack stay in your system?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Envy:

How long does crack stay in your system?
FOREVER!!!
The Eagles have been the most talked about team this year on NFLN and ESPN and they've won 3 games.
East coast bias is alive and well.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
networks make mistakes. I was watching NBC Sports and they were talking to Bob Costas about his new book (100 Yards of Glory) and the on screen graphic showed the Bears as the team of the 80s but looking at the actual book showed the 49ers as the team of the 80s (Bears were the team of the 40s).
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM ]
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
The Eagles have been the most talked about team this year on NFLN and ESPN and they've won 3 games.

Honestly it is a big story and the media has been covering it like a train wreck. I've been getting a kick out of it in a sick sort of way.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

Honestly it is a big story and the media has been covering it like a train wreck. I've been getting a kick out of it in a sick sort of way.
I believe all the attention the "favored" teams get works in our favor. They get so much coverage when they lose and it has to have some negative effect on the team and coaches.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
This morning on the sports reporters they were wondering if the Cowboys or the Bears would be the toughest game for GB in the playoffs. As an afterthought they mentioned that the 9ers offense would not likely to be able to score on GB. Another ray of analytical brightness shines down on the NFL.

Honestly the team that's going to beat GB is the team that stops their offense.
Share 49ersWebzone