LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Who on the current team will not be on the 2012 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Spencer and Moron Norris. Maybe Ginn.
Originally posted by ritchie:

lol thats funny
spencer,norris,goldson,harrilson,rachile,rodgers, edwards. due to skill, money or replacemnts
Who is more important, Goldson or Rogers? I can't stop thinking about how our defense was in games 1 and 2 with Reggie Smith at FS.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
you are big time, dolphins are gonna look to make a splash and fangio had been a dc for like 25 yrs and never was a hc. why would he be 1 now?

Why? Hmmm. 1.opportunity to advance his career. 2. Money. Those are the main motivators for us all. The Dolphins wanted Harbaugh so they will get the next best thing. Colts will be 0-16 or 1-15 and they will have luck and they will want someone who is familiar with him and someone he is comfortable with.... Our offensive coordinator....
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who is more important, Goldson or Rogers? I can't stop thinking about how our defense was in games 1 and 2 with Reggie Smith at FS.

That's why we need to draft a FS and CB in the first two rounds of the draft. And WR in the 3rd. Or a mix of those three at least in the first 3 rounds.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Reggie Smith needs to be gone that dude is hot garbage. Not sure who is more important but Goldson has been playing really well. Rogers does have a lot Ints but he also does give up a lot passes also.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Norris, Edwards and Goldson.
Originally posted by susweel:

Reggie Smith needs to be gone that dude is hot garbage. Not sure who is more important but Goldson has been playing really well. Rogers does have a lot Ints but he also does give up a lot passes also.

And if you look at most of Rogers INT's, they are all underneath coverage with FS over the top. I think having that FS that can cover a lot of ground is vital to a CB trusting to play underneath. Goldson gets to spots in a hurry.

On top of that, we have Culliver, Brown and Spencer who will cost FAR less than what Rogers will want.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I assume we're talking about current contributors.

So Edwards and Goldson are the only two I think won't be around next season. Maybe Ginn.

Rogers is the most important man in the entire secondary. If it came down to him or Goldson, I'd pack Goldson's bags myself.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Rogers is the most important man in the entire secondary. If it came down to him or Goldson, I'd pack Goldson's bags myself.

Rogers didn't look so good when Goldson wasn't playing.
Players can leave because they get a better offer elsewhere or they can be replaced with someone better. If the team goes deep into the playoffs, free agents will be loathe to leave a SB contender. Besides, everyone seems to like playing for Harbaugh, and that counts for something.

So, in the replaced-by-someone-better category, Moran Norris and Chilo Rachal for sure. I don't know about Shantae Spencer. Maybe they should bring him off the bench against Arizona to see if he can still cover his old college room mate, Larry Fitzgerald. The team should draft a speedy WR, and that would make one of the current WR's redundant.
In Trent Baalke genius Jedi executive of the year we trust!

Rachal, Madieu Williams, Spencer, Norris, Justin Peele
Share 49ersWebzone