LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Thoughts/Feelings about new 49er fans aka bandwagoners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've been a die hard niner fan since early 90's when i was about 9 or 10. I from kansas when i see all these a** holes come out of nowhere it pisses me off. I suffered thru the last 10 years like the rest of real niner fans goin 2-14 a couple of times and hoping we could just get a field goal so we dont get blown out and gettin ridiculed because of my support. Ima start doing fan checks to see if people really fans n burst their bubble bc ima real fan. I even got an alex smith jersey as soon as he was drafted. Im not gonna lie as was bout to burn it after this year if he didnt do anything. Looks like i dont have to. But back to posers I guess i dont mind new fans but dont fake like you always new about the potential like the rest of us real fans GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The more the merrier, a few weeks ago the Cowboys had homefield advantage at the stick, so the hardcore fans are pretty crappy anyways.
TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS OF WEBZONE!!!!!
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
The more the merrier, a few weeks ago the Cowboys had homefield advantage at the stick, so the hardcore fans are pretty crappy anyways.

The new bandwagoners are not likely to be filling the stadium. What you see at the stadium is probably real fans who are finally happy with the product. This team didn't deserve to have a packed stadium while losing for almost 10 years.
No big deal with Niner fans that only hook on only when the niners are winning
Originally posted by verb1der:
TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS OF WEBZONE!!!!!

Right on ......... The more the merrier. Hopefully they also become Faithful.

Very normal, especially for the Bay Area. Many fans come out of the woodwork when local teams are good. Many lose interest & don't pay attention at all when they are not.
Happy to see people jump on the bandwagon. I live in Denver, so unless the Niners are kicking ass or playing the Broncos then there isn't much TV coverage out here. The more people the jump on the bandwagon, the better the TV coverage.

It is SOOO much more satisfying though to stick with your team through the bad times as well. Winning just doesn't taste as good if you are always rooting for whoever won the Superbowl last year.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
If you've joined the WZ in the past 6 months your a bandwagoner

Oh well it's nice to have fans
So what do you do about the ones who got booted for inactive and changed their name when they came back........KidDynamite25 to SixtyMins................Also during our losing years the WZ was way to negative for a guy who a die hard Niner like myself, who only looked for the positive spin............I do have a question why are we winning and Fropwns not giving us stories about it........My how the webzone has changed
[ Edited by SixtyMins on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:04 AM ]
I sat thru a 52-17 asswhoopin at fedex back in 05...nuff said. Btw I was also there 2 weeks ago

I love seeing the Red and Gold around town but I hate to hear people talking about football and who sucks and who doesn't when they hardly even watch the game.
Originally posted by SixtyMins:

So what do you do about the ones who got booted for inactive and changed their name when they came back........KidDynamite25 to SixtyMins................Also during our losing years the WZ was way to negative for a guy who a die hard Niner like myself, who only looked for the positive spin............I do have a question why are we winning and Fropwns not giving us stories about it........My how the webzone has changed

Well.....why were you inactive?

J/K

Its all good.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
There are always those groups of casual fans that like whose winning now and will change to a different team once someone else comes up. In attempting the weed out the real faithful from the bang wagon jumpers ill usually strike up a conversation about Adam Walker and the 1995-96 division playoff game against the packers. If they cringe you know they have been around a while. If they look lost they just got here.

I love how this is everyone's way of telling who are real 49ers fans...
You have to realize the age of the people you are talking to, and take into consideration that you're asking them a question from 17 YEARS AGO
If you asked me, I'd look at you like O______O....
and I've been a 49ers fan since I started watching football.
I remember when I was in 1st grade sending a Letter to Jerry Rice as a class assignment, and I received an autographed picture in return.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SixtyMins:

Well.....why were you inactive?

J/K

Its all good.
Try to keep my blood pressure down LOL ...........You know how it was around here.
Who cares when they jump on, the more the merrier.Look how much fun it was for the Giants @ AT&T in 2010 with all the new ones. Being a new fan this year or one for decades doesn't matter or make any one better than the other. Everybody has their time cheering on their team,and once they get that feeling it usually lasts for life.
Share 49ersWebzone