Originally posted by Ramp19smoker:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
And we still broke off a long TD run!

Yeah, but I think they changed the strategy after Alex threw for 150 yards in the first half.

I know and we know they must have gotten REALLY scared when we gashed them with that run after they made the adjustment. If I were a coach, I would be thinking, "s**t, WTF do we do now?"

Coughlin was asked in one of the article about the Hunter TD. He basically said he has to look at the film to find out what had happened on that last TD. I just looked at the play again, there were 10 guys in the box with a DB out wide on Crabtree. Hunter still ran in untouched. That was sick

What's even better was that one of our assistants saw a weakness and called that play. Harbaugh's ego isn't as big as everyone thinks it is. He just hates losing.

Also nice to see we can make adjustments on the fly.

LOL, you'll also find out on NFL SFX that Alex almost forwarded for the 'audible', but stuck with his gut, and "LET IT ROLL".

It was actually Joe Staley and not his 'gut' that told Smith not to audible. He told Smith "Don't do it" and that's when Smith said "Let it Roll!" according to Adam Snyder.

Link: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/11/the-game-winning-play-that-almost-never-was.html

This is a key in how much better this offense is this year. Alex has developed a lot of confidence in his line. Staley felt that they could create the hole and Alex demonstrated confidence in them and they did the job. This to me is a very positive sign. I know that I am much more apt to work harder for someone who demonstrates confidence in both my ability as well as my opinion.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers OC Greg Roman says the Giants "took extreme measures" in stacking the box against the run.

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers Roman: "Extremely loaded boxes. You gotta go to some high school fields to find that loaded of a box."

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers RB Frank Gore when asked if he had seen a a box as stacked a the Giants had: "My whole career" (laughs)

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Gore: "Not like that, man. It was 10 men in the box. They were coming to stop the run."

WOW Talk about selling out to stop the run.

if all this is true, any above average QB would've had a 400 yard game.

And possibly thrown multiple interceptions and/or make other pivotal mistakes.

You have to look at both sides of the spectrum.

We won. Period.

Not only that, but peeps are forgetting the way the game went.

The 49ers second drive of the game started deep into the second quarter. You can't rack up huge yards when you don't have the freakin ball. The field is only 100 yards long so you can't get 300 yards on one drive.

The Niner didn't punt until the second half and I don't think they punted in the GAME more than a few times. Its not like they were getting stopped.

The only thing you can really be critical of was not punching it into the endzone, but we already know thats an issue they are working on.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Sman:
no wonder alex played well

BS....He's played well all year.

I hope MORE teams put 10 in the box. ;-)

He hasn't been allowed to throw like that all year and the Giants showing absolutely no respect to our passing game is probably what made Harbaugh/Roman allow him to throw the way they did.
What hasn't been said is that we had a pass first mentality in the game, the whole game....we only ran 6 times in the 1st half!!!! The giants didn't stop us, we just didn't run as was what was expected! Kudos for the coaches to go in with the pass first mentality!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
What hasn't been said is that we had a pass first mentality in the game, the whole game....we only ran 6 times in the 1st half!!!! The giants didn't stop us, we just didn't run as was what was expected! Kudos for the coaches to go in with the pass first mentality!

Can't remember exactly what point it was in the game, but we were at about the 10 yard line and threw three straight passes, all of which could've/should've been caught. Then kicked a FG. It was nice to see us attacking through the air.
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers OC Greg Roman says the Giants "took extreme measures" in stacking the box against the run.

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers Roman: "Extremely loaded boxes. You gotta go to some high school fields to find that loaded of a box."

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers RB Frank Gore when asked if he had seen a a box as stacked a the Giants had: "My whole career" (laughs)

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Gore: "Not like that, man. It was 10 men in the box. They were coming to stop the run."

WOW Talk about selling out to stop the run.

They disrespected Phil Jennings.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The Giants listened to guys like Jamie Dukes and decided Smith was a terrible QB who couldn't handle pressure. Don't worry, Dukes will spend the off season watching this years games and catch up with changes...but he will still always be a year behind. LOL! To the tune of "...and another one bites the dust!"

Exactly. I hope teams keep doing this. Keep disrespecting our pass game.

Share 49ersWebzone