LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

How the Giants stopped the run....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
I know and we know they must have gotten REALLY scared when we gashed them with that run after they made the adjustment. If I were a coach, I would be thinking, "s**t, WTF do we do now?"

Hahaha that's y harbaugh WILL BE the best coach ever
what did every single giants fan utter before the game? "just gotta stop gore and make alex throw = easy win"

That's just bad coaching, bad team preparation and not paying attn to other 9ers game films. This isn't tim tebow. This was a QB who has a 95.8 rating and has 3 INTs and what 12 TDs? Somebody, coughlin, didn't do his homework. Obviously he is not the best coach in the league.
lol stupid Giants
Don't see a problem with this. Stack 8-9 we run on you, stack 10 then we throw on u. Sounds like trouble for opposing teams :)
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
And we still broke off a long TD run!

Yeah, but I think they changed the strategy after Alex threw for 150 yards in the first half.

I know and we know they must have gotten REALLY scared when we gashed them with that run after they made the adjustment. If I were a coach, I would be thinking, "s**t, WTF do we do now?"

Coughlin was asked in one of the article about the Hunter TD. He basically said he has to look at the film to find out what had happened on that last TD. I just looked at the play again, there were 10 guys in the box with a DB out wide on Crabtree. Hunter still ran in untouched. That was sick

What's even better was that one of our assistants saw a weakness and called that play. Harbaugh's ego isn't as big as everyone thinks it is. He just hates losing.

Also nice to see we can make adjustments on the fly.

LOL, you'll also find out on NFL SFX that Alex almost forwarded for the 'audible', but stuck with his gut, and "LET IT ROLL".

It was actually Joe Staley and not his 'gut' that told Smith not to audible. He told Smith "Don't do it" and that's when Smith said "Let it Roll!" according to Adam Snyder.

Link: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/11/the-game-winning-play-that-almost-never-was.html
[ Edited by Ramp19smoker on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Ramp19smoker:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
And we still broke off a long TD run!

Yeah, but I think they changed the strategy after Alex threw for 150 yards in the first half.

Coughlin was asked in one of the article about the Hunter TD. He basically said he has to look at the film to find out what had happened on that last TD. I just looked at the play again, there were 10 guys in the box with a DB out wide on Crabtree. Hunter still ran in untouched. That was sick

What's even better was that one of our assistants saw a weakness and called that play. Harbaugh's ego isn't as big as everyone thinks it is. He just hates losing.

Also nice to see we can make adjustments on the fly.

LOL, you'll also find out on NFL SFX that Alex almost forwarded for the 'audible', but stuck with his gut, and "LET IT ROLL".

It was actually Joe Staley and not his 'gut' that told Smith not to audible. He told Smith "Don't do it" and that's when Smith said "Let it Roll!" according to Adam Snyder.

Link: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/11/the-game-winning-play-that-almost-never-was.html

Nice
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Why couldnt we pass more?
They didnt stop the run. Hunter and Dixon did quite well. The Giants stopped Gore.
you guys forget gore was injured.

The Giants listened to guys like Jamie Dukes and decided Smith was a terrible QB who couldn't handle pressure. Don't worry, Dukes will spend the off season watching this years games and catch up with changes...but he will still always be a year behind. LOL! To the tune of "...and another one bites the dust!"
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 18, 2011 at 6:33 AM ]
Originally posted by dwy621:
You know what Singletary would have done if he saw 10 in the box? He would have said to the RB and Oline you need to run and block harder and that we will keep running it. That is why I love this current coaching staff. They will play to the weakness of the defense.

He would have kept running into a stone wall all day and lost...
A hurt Gore at that. If he were fully healthy, I'm sure he would've gotten his share of yards as well.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers OC Greg Roman says the Giants "took extreme measures" in stacking the box against the run.

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers Roman: "Extremely loaded boxes. You gotta go to some high school fields to find that loaded of a box."

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers RB Frank Gore when asked if he had seen a a box as stacked a the Giants had: "My whole career" (laughs)

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Gore: "Not like that, man. It was 10 men in the box. They were coming to stop the run."

WOW Talk about selling out to stop the run.

if all this is true, any above average QB would've had a 400 yard game.

And possibly thrown multiple interceptions and/or make other pivotal mistakes.

You have to look at both sides of the spectrum.

We won. Period.
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
oooooooh don't be mistaken harbaugh has a huge ego but he's just allergic to losing

Coach Harbaugh = Coach Hardball
Share 49ersWebzone