LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

What is your dream playoff run

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by letitroll:
1st Round - Bye
2nd Round Divisional Playoff - Dallas Cowboys
3rd Round NFC Championship - Green Bay Packers (sigh, 1997 Rematch)
Super Bowl - New England Patriots or Pittsburgh Steelers

i really don't think the Pats will make it to the SB.

I'm willing to bet money on it. They rely too much on only two players.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
honestly, the team I don't want to face is the Bears. They scare me the most of all the NFC contenders (outside of GB)

least scariest team to me. we can stop Forte

and Cutler doesn't scare me
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM ]
1st Rd. Bye
2nd Rd. Beat Dallas: This time Tony's lung fully collapses and he dies, great tragedy, whole NFL mourns, but the show must go on...
NFC Championship: Beat Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers has career ending injury, Alex Smith has best career of QB's from 2004 class.
Super Bowl: Beat Raiders so bad they move to back to LA
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
1st Rd. Bye
2nd Rd. Beat Dallas: This time Tony's lung fully collapses and he dies, great tragedy, whole NFL mourns, but the show must go on...
NFC Championship: Beat Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers has career ending injury, Alex Smith has best career of QB's from 2004 class.
Super Bowl: Beat Raiders so bad they move to back to LA

even better than big ben, eli or rivers?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would love a shot at Dallas (this years loss), New Orleans (preseason blitzing a*****es), and Atlanta (last years loss and the smug look on Ryans face)....then a trip to Green Bay and beat the Pack at their house

wtf? we better NOT be playing 3 rounds in the NFC playoffs...that'd mean we're in a wild card game...f that

Thats 4 rounds in the NFC playoffs????????????????????????????
(based on current playoff picture via: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace)

NFC Wild Card Round:

(6)Bears @ (3)Saints --> Bears maul Saints WRs and Sproles...duel between Brees and Cutler sees Da Birrs on top
(5)Lions @ (4)Giants --> shootout, 'Ginas injure Stafford, Eli wins it late

NFC Divisional Round:

(4)Giants @ (2)49ers --> rematch @ the Stick is a mudfest...Akers kicks 5 FGs final score: 49ers 15 - 'Ginas 12 (revenge for 1990)
(6) Bears @ (1) Packers --> closer game than last year's NFCCG, Rodgers delivers the win in the end but at the price of a hairline rib fracture from the Bears D

NFC Championship:

(2) 49ers @ (1) Packers --> Snow flurry conditions at Lambeau for once betrays the hometeam and handicaps the Packers passing game. Niners D contains Rodgers...JSmith's blindside sack, strip and fumble recovery secures the Niners' 20-16 win in the 4th Q; Rodgers who seemed poised to deliver the game-winning TD is knocked out for the next 2 years (Montana 1991-92 style)

SUPER BOWL XLVI:

49ers vs Bengals --> 49ers finally unleash the full Harbaugh playbook on the Bengals, who can't believe they have to face the Niners again in the Super Bowl. Niners jump out to 20-0 halftime lead, Niners D is highlighted in a key late 3rd quarter goal-line stand; in the end the 49ers win their record-tying 6th Lombardi Trophy with a 26-20 victory. Alex Smith and Frank Gore share co-MVP honors. Jim Harbaugh is carried off the field. Back in SF, Market St. smells like weed till March.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
i really don't think the Pats will make it to the SB.

I'm willing to bet money on it. They rely too much on only two players.

I still like the Patriots just because of Tom Brady. I know he lost to the Jets last year but I think he will make adjustments this year in the playoffs. Steelers are also my 2nd fav in the AFC to go to SB despite of being swept by the Ravens. I want to put Ravens out there but their inconsistency is overwhelming me(how can you lose to the Seahawks?!)
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I would love a shot at Dallas (this years loss), New Orleans (preseason blitzing a*****es), and Atlanta (last years loss and the smug look on Ryans face)....then a trip to Green Bay and beat the Pack at their house

this, plus, all I hope is to beat the rapistberger
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

wtf? we better NOT be playing 3 rounds in the NFC playoffs...that'd mean we're in a wild card game...f that

Thats 4 rounds in the NFC playoffs????????????????????????????

again those are just a list of teams I wouldn't mind seeing, I know we wont see all of them, those are just the ones I was payback on

Originally posted by fly15:

this, plus, all I hope is to beat the rapistberger

that would be a FG only game
Beatdown Dallas in the divisional, beat GB in the NFC Championship with Alex hooking with Crabs for the "Catch 3," and then beating the steelers or new england in the SB to cement the 49ers as the greatest franchise in the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by letitroll:
1st Round - Bye
2nd Round Divisional Playoff - Dallas Cowboys
3rd Round NFC Championship - Green Bay Packers (sigh, 1997 Rematch)
Super Bowl - New England Patriots or Pittsburgh Steelers

I like
1) first round bye
2) blow out Dallas 55 - 3
3) Vs packers at green bay in the snow, nail biting game, 4th quarter coming back from Alex smith leads to over time. Packers get the ball first, Rodgers throws to driver who is wide open, he runs down the field and looks like he's gonna get the TD but Pwillis gets him out at the Niners 5 yard line. Packers then try the easy field goal but the kick iis blocked back and the Niners scoop up the ball and run it to the other side for the TD and win. 33-27 Niners win in OT. This game becomes an instant classic and one of the most epic and entertaining games ever.
4) superbowl vs jets, Niners win 31- 17
[ Edited by SFSK8R89 on Nov 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Beatdown Dallas in the divisional, beat GB in the NFC Championship with Alex hooking with Crabs for the "Catch 3," and then beating the steelers or new england in the SB to cement the 49ers as the greatest franchise in the NFL.

This, and after Alex scores the winning touchdown against Green Bay, he should do a championship belt right in Rodgers' face. Not a chance he does that, I know, but that's what I would imagine if it happened. It would also be funny to beat the Bengals again.
Share 49ersWebzone