There are 244 users in the forums

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

That fakey to a fumble into a an opposing touchdown cost us the game.

Not the safety, not Kap, not Akers, that stupid playcall fumble to Ginn was dumb. Keep it simple. We were up 10-2 until that uglyness happened. Alot of holding penalties, at the WRONG time against a team who did NOTHING this year but study THE NINERS = OT

We beat ourselves and ''dumbed down'' to this Rams team. We completely abandoned the run.

I don't know if Harbros trained this team for the Pats instead of the rams, but I hope we destroy them next week.
Losing to random ass nobody teams is a bad look .
Blaming a game plan from the couch when it's just one game is a hallmark of an ignorant fan base.

What, you think that Greg Roman just forgot how to call a game after nailing it the last two weeks? That he had no idea what was working with Kaep from the last two weeks, or forgot to call the same plays that he called before? Give me a break.

And anyone can criticize in hindsight. Evaluate the process not the results. You don't like the read-option that Kaep botched? Fine, but have another reason than "the play went bad." Kaep has been running the option since he was a freshman in college. It's probably the play he's had the most reps on over his whole life. In other words, it should not be a dangerous play to run. It was executed terribly, but that doesn't make it a bad call. A much worse call was the pass to Delanie in the end zone that was dropped. It was a stupid call because it was bad strategy - if we take three knees in a row there and then kick, instead of pass/run/run out of bounds, we are very likely to win.)

Bear in mind that it's hard to know how conservative/aggressive the gameplan was by just watching the ball. An "aggressive" plan can look conservative if the QB makes bad pre-snap reads or the OL can't pass protect.
For me it was the "play call" not the "Play Calling" That call was about as horrible as they come.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
Blaming a game plan from the couch when it's just one game is a hallmark of an ignorant fan base.

What, you think that Greg Roman just forgot how to call a game after nailing it the last two weeks? That he had no idea what was working with Kaep from the last two weeks, or forgot to call the same plays that he called before? Give me a break.

And anyone can criticize in hindsight. Evaluate the process not the results. You don't like the read-option that Kaep botched? Fine, but have another reason than "the play went bad." Kaep has been running the option since he was a freshman in college. It's probably the play he's had the most reps on over his whole life. In other words, it should not be a dangerous play to run. It was executed terribly, but that doesn't make it a bad call. A much worse call was the pass to Delanie in the end zone that was dropped. It was a stupid call because it was bad strategy - if we take three knees in a row there and then kick, instead of pass/run/run out of bounds, we are very likely to win.)

Bear in mind that it's hard to know how conservative/aggressive the gameplan was by just watching the ball. An "aggressive" plan can look conservative if the QB makes bad pre-snap reads or the OL can't pass protect.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Stopped reading after first sentence...Football isn't rocket science... so its not really ignorant to question clearly bad plays called.
The playcalling was poor. It wasn't the only thing that contributed to the loss, but definitely contributed.

/thread
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Why run an option with an idiot ted ginn when slant routes had been working all day?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
You mean running on 2nd and 20 for two yards isnt a spectacular game plan?

I mean, c'mon did you watch the game?
Romans play calling has always been suspect at times. Today it seemed to be magnified 10x
That fakey to a fumble into a an opposing touchdown cost us the game.Not the safety, not Kap, not Akers, that stupid playcall fumble to Ginn was dumb. Keep it simple. We were up 10-2 until that uglyness happened. Alot of holding penalties, at the WRONG time against a team who did NOTHING this year but study THE NINERS = OTWe beat ourselves and ''dumbed down'' to this Rams team. We completely abandoned the run. I don't know if Harbros trained this team for the Pats instead of the rams, but I hope we destroy them next week.Losing to random ass nobody teams is a bad look .

IT WAS THE FOURTH QUARTER WITH 3 MINUTES LEFT WHEN WE HAD THE FU*KING LEAD!!!!!!!!!!

• sfout
  • Veteran
mods lock this

Why the hell would you run a toss sweep to a WR 8 yards behind the the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 3 inside your own 20!?!??! IT WAS THE PLAYCALLING THAT ULTIMATELY SET UP SITUATIONS THAT THE PLAYERS FAILED TO EXECUTE!

On 3rd and 3 especially with Jacobs you just run it up the damn gut....
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
For me it was the "play call" not the "Play Calling" That call was about as horrible as they come.

Agreed,you don't call that play when your that deep in your own end of the field...In a close game!!!

Bad Coach,Bad Coach!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Stopped reading after first sentence...Football isn't rocket science... so its not really ignorant to question clearly bad plays called.

No offense, but you don't know the play being called. You, like me and like the rest of us, watch where the ball goes. That what fans do, not coaches. Coaches look at the process - it's should the play have worked, not did the play work. If Kaep makes a good pitch and Ginn breaks a big gain (definitely possible, looking at the replay) does that call go from stupid to genius?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Romans play calling has always been suspect at times. Today it seemed to be magnified 10x

Got too damn cute again with that stupid option that gave them a TD.
A flip backwards lateral pitch deep in your own territory with a 10 - 2 lead is an absolutely horrible call with a young QB on road. Should have never put him in that possition. 70% horrific call / 30% horrific execution. But we could have avoided it all together. Run up the middle. Punt. Our D was playing well all game. No reason to give them a free 8 points.....
Share 49ersWebzone