LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
A head coach flying accross country to watch an exclusive player work out sounds like pursuit to me.

If he wanted a "simple evaluation" he would send a scout.

But we all know Peyton wouldn't take a scout seriously as that is merely an evaulator.

Now, when the big cheese shows up, thats pursuit...

Yup and the big cheese watched from a parked car so he wouldn't get recognized.

Yup and the point in hiding was because the QB JH proclaimed as the 2011 starter might get butt hurt, or the media will give you s**t for dissing Alex Smith like that, which is why he had to make up this b******t regarding evaluation vs. pursuit which some of you are eating up like candy.

This is what polititians do against the blind followers.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Man ya'll some gullible ass fools if you believe Harbaugh saying they wasn't interested.

... but again and seriously, who should really care???

I can see all of the detractors trying so hard to point to possible Manning-pursuit as if this were proof that Alex is teh suxxorz. Really? He's Peyton Manning! One of the greatest QBs ever to play!

Oh no... you mean a healthy Manning is > than Smith? No way, really?
Cannot be so

Man ya'll some gullible ass fools if you believe Harbaugh saying they wasn't interested.

... but again and seriously, who should really care???

I can see all of the detractors trying so hard to point to possible Manning-pursuit as if this were proof that Alex is teh suxxorz. Really? He's Peyton Manning! One of the greatest QBs ever to play!

Oh no... you mean a healthy Manning is > than Smith? No way, really?

Nobody should care indeed. It seems to me the Organization and Harbaugh are committed to publicizing the HC's belief in Alex because thousands of fans are pinning there their belief on based Harbaugh's belief.

Its a business too.

As a frequent visitor of this site, I understand perfectly who the target audience for Harbaugh's statement is
I can't believe anyone is foolish enough to actually believe Harbaugh.Consider the following:

- He personally flew across the country to meet with Manning in secret on the FIRST day of free agency.

- Manning called Niners and told them he was accepting the Broncos offer. Harbaugh admits this call took place. Why would that call happen if the Niners were never seriously trying to sign Manning?

-The Niners didn't resign Alex until the day after Manning picked Denver

-Look at the contract the Niners gave Alex. It's essentially a one year deal that pays Alex less then 20 of the 32 starting qbs in the NFL. It doesn't at all reflect what Harbaugh says about Alex to the media (He's elite, should be in the probowl etc)

-Talk is cheap, follow the money. The Niners contract offer to Alex shows that the team doesn't have much confidence he will be the starter after 2012.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i have a question for anyone

apart from that one meeting where tehy saw manning throw (EVAULATED HIM!)

was there any other meeting or evidence of 49ers perusing peyton manning?

Were you not glued to the ZONE when Manning was making his decision?

It was basically between SF and DEN with MIA being a dark horse. Did that information come out of thin air? Nope.

Its easier to believe we persued him because the facts are there.

Its hard to believe their was no legit pursuit. The only way to believe Harbaugh is if you blindly follow his lead. There are no facts to support his version except for his word.
Yup and the point in hiding was because the QB JH proclaimed as the 2011 starter might get butt hurt, or the media will give you s**t for dissing Alex Smith like that, which is why he had to make up this b******t regarding evaluation vs. pursuit which some of you are eating up like candy.

Did you ask Crabs and VD about the Peyton Manning situation in Cabo San Lucas? I would have loved to hear their opinion on that matter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:
Nobody should care indeed. It seems to me the Organization and Harbaugh are committed to publicizing the HC's belief in Alex because thousands of fans are pinning there their belief on based Harbaugh's belief.

Its a business too.

As a frequent visitor of this site, I understand perfectly who the target audience for Harbaugh's statement is

Harbaugh is good

Originally posted by nflguy49:
I can't believe anyone is foolish enough to actually believe Harbaugh.Consider the following:

- He personally flew across the country to meet with Manning in secret on the FIRST day of free agency.

- Manning called Niners and told them he was accepting the Broncos offer. Harbaugh admits this call took place. Why would that call happen if the Niners were never seriously trying to sign Manning?

-The Niners didn't resign Alex until the day after Manning picked Denver

-Look at the contract the Niners gave Alex. It's essentially a one year deal that pays Alex less then 20 of the 32 starting qbs in the NFL. It doesn't at all reflect what Harbaugh says about Alex to the media (He's elite, should be in the probowl etc)

-Talk is cheap, follow the money. The Niners contract offer to Alex shows that the team doesn't have much confidence he will be the starter after 2012.

This x2.

I learned since last year to take what JH says with a grain of salt. He's b******tting most of the time.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Did you ask Crabs and VD about the Peyton Manning situation in Cabo San Lucas? I would have loved to hear their opinion on that matter.

I may have to Crabs. I was too drunk to remember what was said. Route running was part of it though. hah!

I didn't talk to VD much at all. Just said hi/hello.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM ]
Harbaugh foolishly jumped into this because of the Alex Smith/Panthers players twitter exchanges. Everyone (NFL players included) knows that Alex returned to the Niners because Manning decided he didn't want the job. Harbaugh feels bad that Alex (known for having extremely fragile confidence) is having this thrown in his face. So Harbaugh makes some unsolicited and ill advised comments to the media to defend Alex even if it means lying to the press (which he hates anyway).

oooh, how delicious! all the haters out in force = ...
This x2.

I learned since last year to take what JH says with a grain of salt. He's b******tting most of the time.

He is the coach for the right team, because Alex Smith fans LOVE b******t
This x2.

basically he's trolling the media.
Originally posted by danimal:
This x2.

He is the coach for the right team, because Alex Smith fans LOVE b******t

Yeah JH paints bull s**t with a # 11 jersey and Smith fans wear it proudly.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
oooh, how delicious! all the haters out in force = ...

its gangsta party up in her
Share 49ersWebzone