LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

49ers and why they will beat GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fastforward:
The 49ers have a balanced offense with a slight emphasis on the running game. It isn't a pure running team.

The Packers aren't a pure passing team. They average about 26 rushing attempts per game. Rodgers hasn't even thrown 40 passes in a game yet. What I don't get is the mantra that the 49ers are better equipped to play in the cold than Green Bay. That's just laughable. Rodgers plays just fine in the snow. Remember a few years back when the Titans went up to New England to play in the snow. Chris Johnson ran for 2,000 yards that year. They got destroyed by Tom Brady in a blizzard. Its a myth that teams can't pass the ball in bad weather. Teams can't generate a pass rush on a sloppy field. That favors the better QB that day. Running teams don't always fare better than passing teams in bad weather.

The myth about Green Bay is that they can't run the ball. They are a very balanced team and have a very traditional 60/40 pass/run ratio. The thing is, their YPC total is pretty low because they are running out the clock holding onto double digit leads in the 4th quarter of every single game. When not ahead by 9> points they average 5.1 YPC. Green Bay is a very balanced team. And their defense isn't as bad as most people think it is. They are #13 in PPG and take the ball away as much as any defense in the NFL. Seriously, the Packers have had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of every single game this year. That's a fact. I think the whole schedule thing is a wash. The 49ers haven't really had any tougher challenges than the Packers. Slightly tougher schedule but its not a huge difference. Its laughable that some people see them losing 3 games in a row. That team has proven they can beat tough teams. Its not like their scared to play a team with a winning record or something. To finish the 2010 season and playoffs they beat six straight teams with at least 10 wins. If they were an upstart team like the 2010 Bucs or 2011 Bills you could make that point. The Packers are the undefeated reigning Super Bowl champions. Its not like they haven't proven they can beat good teams. These weekly threads about beating Green Bay are getting absolutely ridiculous.
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by fastforward:
The 49ers have a balanced offense with a slight emphasis on the running game. It isn't a pure running team.

The Packers aren't a pure passing team. They average about 26 rushing attempts per game. Rodgers hasn't even thrown 40 passes in a game yet. What I don't get is the mantra that the 49ers are better equipped to play in the cold than Green Bay. That's just laughable. Rodgers plays just fine in the snow. Remember a few years back when the Titans went up to New England to play in the snow. Chris Johnson ran for 2,000 yards that year. They got destroyed by Tom Brady in a blizzard. Its a myth that teams can't pass the ball in bad weather. Teams can't generate a pass rush on a sloppy field. That favors the better QB that day. Running teams don't always fare better than passing teams in bad weather.

The myth about Green Bay is that they can't run the ball. They are a very balanced team and have a very traditional 60/40 pass/run ratio. The thing is, their YPC total is pretty low because they are running out the clock holding onto double digit leads in the 4th quarter of every single game. When not ahead by 9> points they average 5.1 YPC. Green Bay is a very balanced team. And their defense isn't as bad as most people think it is. They are #13 in PPG and take the ball away as much as any defense in the NFL. Seriously, the Packers have had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of every single game this year. That's a fact. I think the whole schedule thing is a wash. The 49ers haven't really had any tougher challenges than the Packers. Slightly tougher schedule but its not a huge difference. Its laughable that some people see them losing 3 games in a row. That team has proven they can beat tough teams. Its not like their scared to play a team with a winning record or something. To finish the 2010 season and playoffs they beat six straight teams with at least 10 wins. If they were an upstart team like the 2010 Bucs or 2011 Bills you could make that point. The Packers are the undefeated reigning Super Bowl champions. Its not like they haven't proven they can beat good teams. These weekly threads about beating Green Bay are getting absolutely ridiculous.

Rodgers has thrown for 38, 38, 39, 35, and 30 twice....that is very pass heavy, not balanced
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
lol at these packer fans raiding our site. What's wrong? Are you scared of us this much already?

Check the Packers boards. They aren't starting threads about the 49ers everyday. Niners fans are the ones that seem to have an obsession with the Packers.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by English:
I know who he is talking about.

I have seen the GB schedule to date described as weaker than ours. His whole argument rests on them having played two elite qb's and us none. This is a weak foundation anyway, but the term elite is subjective and I want to know the basis of his assessment.

I don't know, I think Eli is still elite and he played an elite defense. Made him look average. Checks and balances

Agreed. And Vick would need to be considered as well. Personally I think the two teams look quite close which is a huge kudos to Harbaugh bearing in mind where GB were last year and where we were.
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
This game if we meet is starting to remind me of the NYG/ NE SB everyone said pats where unbeatable and NY def won that game with eli as a game manager. we are looking like the ravens/tampa/NYG super bowl winning teams. they all faced good offences and won. Defence wins championships

Then why didn't Pittsburgh beat GB last year in the bowl?
Originally posted by andes14:
This game if we meet is starting to remind me of the NYG/ NE SB everyone said pats where unbeatable and NY def won that game with eli as a game manager. we are looking like the ravens/tampa/NYG super bowl winning teams. they all faced good offences and won. Defence wins championships

Green Bay had a damn good defense last year

Because GB's defense was better that day
We can't keep pace with them offensively, and I don't see anyone stopping Rodgers. Not there, yet. Still need offensive pieces in the interior line and at WR.
Originally posted by redmanc07:

Because GB's defense was better that day

And Big Ben is not really a surgeon in the pocket type of QB
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
lol at these packer fans raiding our site. What's wrong? Are you scared of us this much already?

Check the Packers boards. They aren't starting threads about the 49ers everyday. Niners fans are the ones that seem to have an obsession with the Packers.

I agree. These threads should only be made come playoff time if we are about to face... As for the bolded part, it's obviously because you guys are the best team.

people forget that the niners force the other team play the game according to the niners terms and the success of the team relies on that. Can they do it against the pack? time will tell, maybe.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Any given sunday baby.

Packers D and run game aint all that. Contain Rodgers, we win.

Before I leave this thread doe... People don't realize that the much success of the Packers D this year (INTs for TDs) is due to the production of their offense at least this year. It's a risk/reward type defense and they're allowed to ballhawk. If you're containing Rodgers and one of their corner's jumps a route while playing Alex (who really doesn't make mistakes).. we'll have a good chance.
[ Edited by YungAce on Nov 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Rodgers has thrown for 38, 38, 39, 35, and 30 twice....that is very pass heavy, not balanced

That's not pass heavy at all dude. It would be pass heavy in the 1970s but not in todays NFL. The Packers #16 in rushing attempts and #21 in pass attempts per game. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. The Packers are a very balanced offense. They don't throw the ball every play.
Originally posted by bishop915:
people forget that the niners force the other team play the game according to the niners terms and the success of the team relies on that. Can they do it against the pack? time will tell, maybe.

And the Packers do the same. They are up on every team by 10+ points by the start of the 4th quarter. Rushing attempts against them is way down. When its halftime and you're down by 10+ points to the most prolific offense in the NFL you are going to have to start passing. Its pretty much like Oregon and Stanford last weekend. Stanford was behind the entire game yet still kept trying to run and Oregon kept scoring TDs on explosive plays. The thing about Green Bay is that they just don't beat themselves. In a head to head matchup if I had to choose which QB would make the costly mistake to lose the game it would be Alex Smith.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
why are the cheeseheads here?
Share 49ersWebzone