Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
First,

a). One game at a time

b).

I like this comment better

Tacit, subtle, straight to the point

+1
Originally posted by Furlow:

Bottom line is our team is built to play in the playoffs. Tough defense, power run, efficient passing. We can play with ANYONE, and our coaching gives us an advantage almost every week (if not every week). The only reason I'm not 100% excited is because it's been so long and I can't help but be cautious with my enthusiasm. If a season like this was happening during the 80's or 90's we'd all be talking about our Super Bowl accommodations.

Totally agree.....
We need to win the toss and take the ball for once, then come out with a 16 play drive, touchdown and 11minutes off the clock and then, who knows..
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
That just shows how much you know about football

It just shows how much he watches ESPN, and not the actual Niner games.

I tried watch MNF last night but the announcers just got on my last nerve. They spent the entire first half wit Rodgers Dick balls deep in their throats. It was every bit as bad as the SEC guys gurgling Tebow's custard when he was still in school. The MNF crew just plain sucks and has for a long time.
I don't know guys. After watching the Packers demolish the Vikings last night, Aaron Rodgers is simply unstoppable with those back-shoulder throws, I don't think any defense has an answer at the moment, not even the Niners.

But we'll see when it happens.
Ha! Just plain funny post!
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hb123:
#1 in forcing turnovers too ;)

#1 passes defended

Our D-Line needs to give constant pressure with 4 man rush. We're not going to be able to stop Rodgers but only make him work for his stats. By playoff time, I don't think Packers will be tested (meaning come from way behind to win). Patriots destroy everyone during regular season but couldn't make playoff game adjustments to thwart the opponents.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't know guys. After watching the Packers demolish the Vikings last night, Aaron Rodgers is simply unstoppable with those back-shoulder throws, I don't think any defense has an answer at the moment, not even the Niners.

But we'll see when it happens.

The Vikings let those receivers run free, made it easy on Rodgers. Big corners playing bump and run would do better. The pass rush was getting there in the first half.
anything can happen but that offense looks unstoppable right now GO 49ERS
Originally posted by FourNine49:
That just shows how much you know about football

Who has won the last six Super Bowls. This was in response to a post that says this team is like the Ravens and Bucs teams that won the Super Bowl. I absolutely hate it when peopel bring up the Dilfer and Johnson examples. Those are the exception to the rule. There are only 6 active QBs that have won a Super Bowl. Those guys are Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Aaron Rodgers.

Who doesn't know about football? The great myth of parody in the NFL continues. There is no parody. If you don't have a very good QB you don't have a chance. All of the guys I just mentioned have been Top 10 QBs for the majority of their careers. Its a complete sham to try to compare the 49ers defense to those great Ravens and Bucs defenses. Its ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
11th overall is a bunch of hogwash. Niners play bend but don't break. #1 in points and #1 in rushing tells you all you need to know.

Yes and their #26 pass defense would get absolutely ripped apart by Green Bay. The Packers for example are #12 and #8 in the stats you just mentioned. Does that mean they have a good defense? You have to take the whole thing into account. Being really good against the run does absolutely nothing for you against teams like the Saints and Packers. You know, the last two Super Bowl winners. Its the 21st century now. You can't get away with running the ball and stopping the run. Running teams don't win Super Bowls anymore.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strat1080:
Yes and their #26 pass defense would get absolutely ripped apart by Green Bay. The Packers for example are #12 and #8 in the stats you just mentioned. Does that mean they have a good defense? You have to take the whole thing into account. Being really good against the run does absolutely nothing for you against teams like the Saints and Packers. You know, the last two Super Bowl winners. Its the 21st century now. You can't get away with running the ball and stopping the run. Running teams don't win Super Bowls anymore.

Yet.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Green Bay is good and all, but if any team is overrated right now it's them. It's not like they were unstoppable last year. They got on a hot streak at the right time and no one had time to figure them out. This season they've played NO ONE so who knows how good they really are.

The thing that stands out to me is they are completely one dimensional. Their run game is trash and come December and January, that is not good. If we're fortunate enough to play them in the NFC Championship, I don't think it will matter where the game is. Candlestick will be a mud bowl, and Lambeau will be frozen - neither one is good for throwing the football.

Bottom line is our team is built to play in the playoffs. Tough defense, power run, efficient passing. We can play with ANYONE, and our coaching gives us an advantage almost every week (if not every week). The only reason I'm not 100% excited is because it's been so long and I can't help but be cautious with my enthusiasm. If a season like this was happening during the 80's or 90's we'd all be talking about our Super Bowl accommodations.

Overrated? They finished the 2010 season by beating "SIX STRAIGHT" opponents with 10 wins or better. They've extended that into a now 15 game winning streak. Overrated? Really? Its not like they haven't played anybody during that streak. They had the most injuries in the NFL last year and had to make a lot of adjustments throughout the year. They also played the toughest schedule of any team that made the playoffs. They had 5 road games against teams that made the playoffs.

New Orleans is better than any team the 49ers have played. They played Atlanta and Chicago on the road. They've played nobody? Really? You need to take the red and gold glasses off son. Its nice to have confidence in your team but to say a defending Super Bowl champion that is currently undefeated is overrated, is just over the top. They've both beat the same amount of teams that have or had a winning record at the time they've played them. Its not like the 49ers have played a brutal schedule.
Originally posted by Otter:
Yet.

That doesn't make any sense.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by Otter:
Yet.

That doesn't make any sense.

Sorry my little optimistic joke isn't perfectly, grammatically correct.

Would you have preferred Bob Dylan?

And furlow wrote, right now. The Packers are over-rated right now. Everyone has them penciled in to be the NFC representative for the Super Bowl and most likely repeat. If Rivers doesn't spot them 14 points, that's a completely different game. Let's see if that defense either stiffens up or let's them down.
Share 49ersWebzone