LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers and why they will beat GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If I were a Packer fan I'd wish that this were the end of Jan. rather than the middle of Nov.
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
This game if we meet is starting to remind me of the NYG/ NE SB everyone said pats where unbeatable and NY def won that game with eli as a game manager. we are looking like the ravens/tampa/NYG super bowl winning teams. they all faced good offences and won. Defence wins championships

Well when you put it that way...
The Packers will lose 2-3 games this year based on their schedule and the fact that they haven't played anybody yet...which gives us an opportunity to grab home field throughout. If I'm speaking impartially...it will be extremely difficult to win at Lambaugh, Winning 6 of our last 7 is the key
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by strat1080:
The 49ers defense doesn't even remotely compare to those defenses. They are #11 overall. For as much flack the Packers defense gets its only giving up 20 PPG and are ranked #12 in that category. They've never been any worse than average in that regard the entire season. Eli Manning is better than Alex Smith. The 49ers haven't even played an elite QB this year. Green Bay's played two. Its all about the QBs.

That just shows how much you know about football

11th overall is a bunch of hogwash. Niners play bend but don't break. #1 in points and #1 in rushing tells you all you need to know.

#1 in forcing turnovers too ;)
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
The 49ers defense doesn't even remotely compare to those defenses. They are #11 overall. For as much flack the Packers defense gets its only giving up 20 PPG and are ranked #12 in that category. They've never been any worse than average in that regard the entire season. Eli Manning is better than Alex Smith. The 49ers haven't even played an elite QB this year. Green Bay's played two. Its all about the QBs.

That just shows how much you know about football

Dilfer HOF lol or brad johnson

Out of almost 50 Super Bowls, you're able to name a whopping 2 nobodies who QB'd the winning team. Think about that.

Top flight QBs win the majority of championships.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:14 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
It's true that defense wins championships! Take the '89 49ers for instance when they won the Superbowl against the Broncos...they only gave up 10 points!
[ Edited by 9ers4u on Nov 15, 2011 at 5:34 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I think the Packers could give us problems when they go to 4 and 5 WR formations. Regardless if we play in Lambeu or Candlestick, we can't count that the weather will be the factor, it can only help one of us. We need to measure this match-up like if we were to play on a clear day.....do we match up well with the Packers?

In my opinion I think we can move the ball on their defense no problem, but their offense and Rodgers mobility could give us problems. They have 4 excellent WR's and a good TE. They don't have a power running game but their backs catch the ball just as well. I have faith in our defense and game planning but I really don't think we'll keep them from scoring TD's. Key for us is to put up as much points as we can and try to limit their points as best as we can. Alex proved he can put the ball in the air so I like our chances.
How about we earn the right to play them first, then we can talk about our chances of beating them. There is a lot of season left, plus playoffs...hell one injury to Rogers or Smith and the whole conversation changes.
The Packers CRUSH the Vikings ....BIG DEAL

The Vikings have very little talent on Defense, in their secondary Antoine Winfield might be our #2 CB, the rest of the secondary wouldnt make our team.... and out of the defensive line, Jared Allen and Kevin Williams could play for us, the rest also wouldnt make our team ..and at LB, Chad Greenway is talented and could play for us ...

That is FOUR decent defensive players, the rest are pititful, washed up and over their heads ...45-7 ..WHOOPEE .....Our defense has the talent to stick with them, they sure as hell couldnt put 45 points on us ...and our offense would tire out their defense after we bust them up for 4 quarters ....I CANT WAIT to play them F*ckers

First of all, let's take this week to week and not get carried away. I am still enjoying the win over the Giants (more gratifying when you get to watch with Giants fans)....this is a great season we are finally enjoying, so why discuss a game that may not even happen.

If the game takes place, I will be behind my team and not worry about whether we have a chance or not...in my mind, we always do.

Who are the two elite QBs? Drew Brees and, I don't see anyone else.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Out of almost 50 Super Bowls, you're able to name a whopping 2 nobodies who QB'd the winning team. Think about that.

I'd put Eli in that group, throwing the ball up for grabs the whole game. Roethlisberger was terrible in his first Super Bowl, the defense and running game carried him. Frank Reich, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, and you could probably lump Plunkett, Theismann, and Bradshaw in there as game managers that won on the strength of defense and a strong running game too.

This guy is a 49ers hater and a packer fan. He is just a troll. Go through all his posts. Somebody is scared
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I'd put Eli in that group, throwing the ball up for grabs the whole game. Roethlisberger was terrible in his first Super Bowl, the defense and running game carried him. Frank Reich, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, and you could probably lump Plunkett, Theismann, and Bradshaw in there as game managers that won on the strength of defense and a strong running game too.
Brady was a game manager for the first 2 superbowls.
Share 49ersWebzone