Originally posted by boast:
why are the cheeseheads here?

what else is there to do in Wisconsin?
Originally posted by boast:
why are the cheeseheads here?

They got scared and had to come check out what was going on in Ninerland
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
lol at these packer fans raiding our site. What's wrong? Are you scared of us this much already?

Check the Packers boards. They aren't starting threads about the 49ers everyday. Niners fans are the ones that seem to have an obsession with the Packers.

Why would I check the packers boards? I don't give a rat's ass about what those fans think, nor do I feel the need to tell them the niners will beat them. We're discussing who we might face in the playoffs on our own boards, and this matchup can very likely happen. Packer fans coming here just tell me that they're scared if they're trying to tell us off when the regular season is just barely over halfway done.
The reason the Packers have a "balanced" offense is because they are throwing the ball to get the lead once they are up by a lot they run. thats why the numbers are close. The Packers are a passing team
Honestly I actually found this site by accident while I was surfin' the interent on NFL sites. I understand why you guys are so worried about the Packers. I also understand why you are p***ed off at the Packers. Lossing 14 out of the last 15 games or something like that would upset any team. The Packer fans disliked the Cowboys a whole lot in the 90's. It is just really funny reading these posts on how your defense is going to stop the Packers offense and your offense is going to score on the Packers defense left and right. I think that is exactly what the last 15 teams thought also. I hate to tell you folks this, but the Lions and Eagles are about 1/2 the team that the Packers are and you barely beat both of those team. The 49ers are on the way up, but right now the Packers are just playing on a whole 'nother level than anyone in the NFL. Anything can happen, but if you are in Lambu in January with Alex Smith as QB against Aaron Rodger, I like the Packers odds. Good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you in the playoffs.
Check the Packers boards. They aren't starting threads about the 49ers everyday. Niners fans are the ones that seem to have an obsession with the Packers.

You guys are the defending Super Bowl champs. The reason why we're talking about you guys is because we know that the road to the Super Bowl requires a date with the Packers.

When people say you're not a balanced offense it's just them saying nobody respects your ground game. Bottom line is you slow down Rodgers, you slow down the Packers. I think your defense still has the ability to pull itself together so I do think you guys are capable of winning 20-14 football games especially if they can create a turnover or 2.

The real question is if nobody is talking about the Niners on Green Bay boards, why are you here? I'll answer that for ya. You know we're a threat.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by bishop915:
people forget that the niners force the other team play the game according to the niners terms and the success of the team relies on that. Can they do it against the pack? time will tell, maybe.

And the Packers do the same. They are up on every team by 10+ points by the start of the 4th quarter. Rushing attempts against them is way down. When its halftime and you're down by 10+ points to the most prolific offense in the NFL you are going to have to start passing. Its pretty much like Oregon and Stanford last weekend. Stanford was behind the entire game yet still kept trying to run and Oregon kept scoring TDs on explosive plays. The thing about Green Bay is that they just don't beat themselves. In a head to head matchup if I had to choose which QB would make the costly mistake to lose the game it would be Alex Smith.

And the 9ers have the best defense in the NFL. I highly doubt the Packers would be up 10+ by the start of the 4th quarter
Originally posted by jreff22:
Rodgers has thrown for 38, 38, 39, 35, and 30 twice....that is very pass heavy, not balanced

That's not pass heavy at all dude. It would be pass heavy in the 1970s but not in todays NFL. The Packers #16 in rushing attempts and #21 in pass attempts per game. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. The Packers are a very balanced offense. They don't throw the ball every play.

How about we look at the numbers in game fashion and don't argue basic data. Because GB has gotten up on teams very quickly they haven't had to run many plays. This factor is based on 3 different scenarios
a) The team scores quickly
b) The offense is garbage and is always punting
c) field position is always good so not many plays are needed to score

The 9ers are a product of option C, the Packers are a product of option A.

GB ranks 22 in offensive scrimmage plays which shows the O is not on the filed very much. In that time frame you score very fast and keep a healthy lead over your opponent. But in the time frame you are running more meaningful passing plays compared to running plays. You running game is garbage but you run the ball when you have a healthy lead. Because you normally have a healthy lead your running game gets used in garbage time to run out the clock. You use Rodgers to score and move the ball, the running game is an after thought right now.

If you want further proof look at total yards per game. How is it that you rank 4th in total yards, 3rd in passing yards, and 21st in rushing? Easy answer, you pass the ball all over the field, and are very effective at it. Again this points to an A+ passing game and a C- running game, you run for s**ts and giggles, you pass to move the chains and score. Look at who is scoring on the team, Rodgers and Flynn have just as many rushing TD's as Kuhn and Starks......have an explanation?

If you cant watch the Packers and realize they are a passing team first, second, and third then I don't know what to tell you.
Originally posted by florida1957:
Honestly I actually found this site by accident while I was surfin' the interent on NFL sites. I understand why you guys are so worried about the Packers. I also understand why you are p***ed off at the Packers. Lossing 14 out of the last 15 games or something like that would upset any team. The Packer fans disliked the Cowboys a whole lot in the 90's. It is just really funny reading these posts on how your defense is going to stop the Packers offense and your offense is going to score on the Packers defense left and right. I think that is exactly what the last 15 teams thought also. I hate to tell you folks this, but the Lions and Eagles are about 1/2 the team that the Packers are and you barely beat both of those team. The 49ers are on the way up, but right now the Packers are just playing on a whole 'nother level than anyone in the NFL. Anything can happen, but if you are in Lambu in January with Alex Smith as QB against Aaron Rodger, I like the Packers odds. Good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you in the playoffs.

The bold is true but I think a lot of that also has to do with the fact that you have not played very good defenses.

Please analyze this stat and respond:

Best Defense (ppg) Packers have played: CHI ranked 13 and ATL ranked 14.

vs these defenses, GB has scored below their average points per game (27 and 25).

Therefore, the GB offense drops dramatically (10 ppg) vs better defenses. Note, these two were not even in the top 10 defenses. GB has padded their stats vs defenses that are ranked 20, 26, 31, 31, 25, 29, 30 in points per game. If your offense was so great, why did you drop 10 points per game when you played even a decent defense?

Your team has played NOBODY in terms of defense.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I would take Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers in a fist right

How about we look at the numbers in game fashion and don't argue basic data. Because GB has gotten up on teams very quickly they haven't had to run many plays. This factor is based on 3 different scenarios

GB ranks 22 in offensive scrimmage plays which shows the O is not on the filed very much. In that time frame you score very fast and keep a healthy lead over your opponent. But in the time frame you are running more meaningful passing plays compared to running plays. You running game is garbage but you run the ball when you have a healthy lead. Because you normally have a healthy lead your running game gets used in garbage time to run out the clock. You use Rodgers to score and move the ball, the running game is an after thought right now.

If you want further proof look at total yards per game. How is it that you rank 4th in total yards, 3rd in passing yards, and 21st in rushing? Easy answer, you pass the ball all over the field, and are very effective at it. Again this points to an A+ passing game and a C- running game, you run for s**ts and giggles, you pass to move the chains and score. Look at who is scoring on the team, Rodgers and Flynn have just as many rushing TD's as Kuhn and Starks......have an explanation?

If you cant watch the Packers and realize they are a passing team first, second, and third then I don't know what to tell you.

Not sure if it matters though. Nobody can effectively rush on us anyways. Teams that have had success against us did it thru the air. What separates Rodgers from Eli Manning is Rodgers doesn't make mistakes. He's like a roided up version of Alex Smith.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Not sure if it matters though. Nobody can effectively rush on us anyways. Teams that have had success against us did it thru the air. What separates Rodgers from Eli Manning is Rodgers doesn't make mistakes. He's like a roided up version of Alex Smith.
Just showing the Packers QB's are just as dangerous rushing as the RB's are, not a good arguments for a balanced team. If its was Vick or Cam then I could see but Rodgers isn't a rushing QB.
Damn i'm at work.

When i get home i'm going to roast these butt packer fans in here.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
lol at these packer fans raiding our site. What's wrong? Are you scared of us this much already?

You seem to have an obsession with the niners. You created an account on a 49ers forum and are engaging in discussions with us. Obsess much?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by florida1957:

The bold is true but I think a lot of that also has to do with the fact that you have not played very good defenses.

Please analyze this stat and respond:

Best Defense (ppg) Packers have played: CHI ranked 13 and ATL ranked 14.

vs these defenses, GB has scored below their average points per game (27 and 25).

Therefore, the GB offense drops dramatically (10 ppg) vs better defenses. Note, these two were not even in the top 10 defenses. GB has padded their stats vs defenses that are ranked 20, 26, 31, 31, 25, 29, 30 in points per game. If your offense was so great, why did you drop 10 points per game when you played even a decent defense?

Your team has played NOBODY in terms of defense.

Still no reply to why GB dropped 10 points per game when facing a defense that is better than 20th rank in terms of points per game. BTW, those "better" ranked defenses they played are ranked 13th and 14th in ppg allowed.

GB offense is good, but not proven...yet. The only thing they have proven is to average 26 ppg (worse than the 49ers) vs two avg defenses.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone