LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

49ers and why they will beat GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This game if we meet is starting to remind me of the NYG/ NE SB everyone said pats where unbeatable and NY def won that game with eli as a game manager. we are looking like the ravens/tampa/NYG super bowl winning teams. they all faced good offences and won. Defence wins championships
It can be done!
How about we take the necessary steps into getting in a game between us and the Pack. Depending on our finishing record that could mean 1 or 2 playoff wins before facing them.

Let's be a little humble here guys
The 49ers defense doesn't even remotely compare to those defenses. They are #11 overall. For as much flack the Packers defense gets its only giving up 20 PPG and are ranked #12 in that category. They've never been any worse than average in that regard the entire season. Eli Manning is better than Alex Smith. The 49ers haven't even played an elite QB this year. Green Bay's played two. Its all about the QBs.
[ Edited by strat1080 on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM ]
Originally posted by strat1080:
The 49ers defense doesn't even remotely compare to those defenses. They are #11 overall. For as much flack the Packers defense gets its only giving up 20 PPG and are ranked #12 in that category. They've never been any worse than average in that regard the entire season. Eli Manning is better than Alex Smith. The 49ers haven't even played an elite QB this year. Green Bay's played two. Its all about the QBs.

That just shows how much you know about football
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Dilfer HOF lol or brad johnson
[ Edited by westcoastchamp on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM ]
Originally posted by FourNine49:

11th overall is a bunch of hogwash. Niners play bend but don't break. #1 in points and #1 in rushing tells you all you need to know.
Anything goes down in the playoffs, there for, we must first clinch our division..then we can talk playoffs. Mean while i suggest stay modest and enjoy this season. hope that no one gets a major injury and keep the 2nd seed in the NFC. We have a long way to go before even speaking of beating the Packers, it's an any given Sunday. Go NINERS
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
Defence wins championships

What is this defence you speak of?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Green Bay is good and all, but if any team is overrated right now it's them. It's not like they were unstoppable last year. They got on a hot streak at the right time and no one had time to figure them out. This season they've played NO ONE so who knows how good they really are.

The thing that stands out to me is they are completely one dimensional. Their run game is trash and come December and January, that is not good. If we're fortunate enough to play them in the NFC Championship, I don't think it will matter where the game is. Candlestick will be a mud bowl, and Lambeau will be frozen - neither one is good for throwing the football.

Bottom line is our team is built to play in the playoffs. Tough defense, power run, efficient passing. We can play with ANYONE, and our coaching gives us an advantage almost every week (if not every week). The only reason I'm not 100% excited is because it's been so long and I can't help but be cautious with my enthusiasm. If a season like this was happening during the 80's or 90's we'd all be talking about our Super Bowl accommodations.

We have played some good qb's and played well against them. Dalton, Manning, Stafford, Freeman, and Vick. Our defense has given up no rushing td's all season and we lead the league in redzone defense. Last year we played the Packers pretty good for a while and then broke down. I think coaching had a lot to do with that loss. I also think we are more built for Lambeau than the current Packers as we run the bell well and they don't and our defense is playing much better than theirs. In the cold snowy weather usually running the ball and playing solid defense wins you the game. Also we create turnovers and don't turn the ball over much. I can see us going to the packers homefield and winning the game. Keeping Rodgers off the field and playing solid football will be the key. And I don't think it is too early to talk about this we are a legit threat to not only Green Bay but the whole league. It's time to embrace this team and not be scared to say we are back and we are here for one reason and one reason only to win a Superbowl.
We can beat them. It will just be really tough. It will take almost a perfect game and a sub par one from them and Rodgers. Nobody is unbeatable. The Packers lost games last season. They can be beat.
I like what i see their defense isn't what kills teams. That high powered offense that didn't miss a beat even when rodgers was out of the game! We have to put up more points then we did on the gaints to win that game. Hopefully as the season goes along alex will keep improving! Also a rested gore will help. we should sit him, and give hunter as much experience as possible.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 15, 2011 at 1:24 AM ]

i like how you left out that we are #1 in points allowed
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
Defence wins championships

What is this defence you speak of?

Must be an Englishman speaking the proper King's English.
Share 49ersWebzone