There are 187 users in the forums

Would it Benefit the Niners to Lose a Game Before the Playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would it Benefit the Niners to Lose a Game Before the Playoffs?

Are you guys crazy? Who in their right mind would ever wish a loss upon their team. I hope we keep on winning and take momentum into the playoffs. Forget losing a game to expose our weaknesses. Just keep playing football and winning games. That's what it's all about.
losing is for pussies
I think people are misconstruing what you are saying. And I kinda agree. A loss would keep them level headed and keep the media doubting them, which they feed off of. But intentionally, would just be dumb.
Originally posted by valrod33:
losing is for pussies

and the raiders
Yes but just one. The last game of the season when they rest all their starters.
Originally posted by okdkid:
We'll have the first seed in the NFC if we win out. Packers won't run the table. They're too weak in too many areas.

I want them @ there home back East we will beat them if the Tank is 100% !
NO WE ALREADY LOST 1
Only if we play the game with our 2nd & third tier players
Why would we lose intentionally to expose our weaknesses when we could win while figuring out our weaknesses. To lose intentionally would mean our only weakness would be stupidity. Think dammit think. We know were not perfect and theyll continue to work on what needs to be addressed.
I get what the poster is saying. Basically, we don't get to big for our britches. Brings us back down to earth and make us work harder. Patriots had an undefeated season until the playoffs ruined it. the pressure and thinking no one could stop them may have cause them to overlook the opponent before them.

nope, we already lost our wake up game to dallas. we've been in the playoffs ever since with everyone waiting for us to fall apart
were not going 15-1, so dont worry about whether we get a couple losses before the playoffs.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Go to Green Bay and convince those guys they'd benefit from losing. I'll take home field all the way to the big show any day!! I'm all for things being exposed and learning from them but that doesn't mean they've got to lose.
We need to keep winning to keep our confidence up. IF we beat the Steelers and Ravens our confidence will be huge. I guess I don't think it would matter losing a game in our division. Unless it affects us have the number 1 or 2 seed for the playoffs!
I get what you're saying but I don't think anyone left is good enough to beat us. We are a great team. Our only concern should be the Packers and the NFC Championship game, because that is where we are headed.
Share 49ersWebzone