LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Jed York ‏@JedYork Welcome to the @49ers Cipora! http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2012/10/23/exclusive-49ers-president-gideon-yu.html?page=all ;…

hopefully he has better luck with us than he had with the facebook ipo. lol

Hopefully another good hire for the team.
Jed York ‏@JedYork Welcome to the @49ers Cipora! http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2012/10/23/exclusive-49ers-president-gideon-yu.html?page=all ;…

hopefully she has better luck with us than she had with the facebook ipo. lol

fixt
[ Edited by niners_guy on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners_guy:

hopefully she has better luck with us than she had with the facebook ipo. lol

fixt

lol good catch. I bet a lot of people will assume the hire was a male. She is an incredible hirer for the team, I've read about her a few times in the past few years, I'm really excited about the direction 9ers are going from a corporation standpoint.
He without a doubt has been instrumental in our turn-around.

I'm sure he'll make mistakes in the future like everyone else on the planet BUT not too many.
Jed understands the blue print laid out by uncle Eddie
We give so much credit to Harbaugh for our turnaround and he does deserve it but In reality we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for Jed!

2nd straight year we make the playoffs! He's committed to winning so Here's to Jed
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM ]
His father was terrible and I have zero love for him. Jed came in and thought he could run the football side with Marathe and failed miserably before finally getting things right. Jed gets lots of love for turning around his father's mess.
Jed has done exactly what he should have and exactly when he should have. Anything else and we aren't were we are now and I would'nt want to be anywhere other than where we are now. I am loving this current version of the Niners.
Bumped in light of todays announcement.

Jed York owns, quickly becoming one of the best owners/ceo's in the NFL.

The Niners are on a meteoric rise and appear to be set up for sustained success and it's because of decisions Jed York made to be a winner.
Now all he has left is to lift a Lombardi trophy, or 2, or 3, heck match Uncle Eddie and hoist up 5 more!!!

Originally posted by WINiner:
Bumped in light of todays announcement.

Jed York owns, quickly becoming one of the best owners/ceo's in the NFL.

The Niners are on a meteoric rise and appear to be set up for sustained success and it's because of decisions Jed York made to be a winner.
This.

Jed wants to win. He was a huge fan first and that is very important.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.

You are misinformed as/are were many fans. Jed was not responsible for the problems in the begining, lets get the record straight. It was his father and mother who knew nothing and hired Nolan and Singletary and the regimes previous. Although he was president and annoounced Mikes hiring, if you researched it you will see that he (Scott McC-the GM) consulted with the family - meaning mom and dad and not Jed. Jed was just president in name because he was newly appointed.
It was not till the parents finally relented total control to the son and I mean total control. He did it right the first time, hire the right people, from Baalke, to Gideon to Paraag and get out of the way except to ask what do they need.

I do not blame the son for the sins of the father, I also thought many fans were quick to judge him, because jealous people judged him more as a kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He grew up around the franchise and showed smarts when he reached out to his uncle eddie for support and advice. People were quick to judge his hiring of Baalke as GM. Imagine if he and his family listened to some of the fans and sold out, the niners wouldn't be where they are at right now.

Thank goodness he is not like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. Yet makes bold moves and sticks to his plan.
[ Edited by WildBill on May 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM ]
Mad props to Jed. A franchise cannot achieve success, especially not long term, without solid ownership.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Mad props to Jed. A franchise cannot achieve success, especially not long term, without solid ownership.

Very important issue, someone at the top has to have some idea of where they are going. Jed has clearly shown that he can get it done. He got the new stadium, now superbowl 50, he has gotten Baalke and Harbaugh, and he has been to the superbowl. He now has a system in place where he can be comptetitive each year for as long as the crew lasts.
Thank you Eddie for showing Jed the way
Share 49ersWebzone