LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed, thanks for not being an idiot and taking the reigns from your ugly dad.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

thanks for staying out of the way
Originally posted by cciowa:

thanks for staying out of the way

Good point...

He didn't take them. They were given to him. Props to his dad for handing them over.
Originally posted by English:

He didn't take them. They were given to him. Props to his dad for handing them over.

I can't stand his dad. It's a personal thing. Hard for me to give that POS any credit. He threw my team in the tank for some years. That was a depressing era in my life. Also, Jed deserves props for being ready to handle that at such a young age.
[ Edited by sacniner on Jul 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
at least his dad finally came to the realization he did not either have the desire or the knowledge to handle a nfl team
I can't stand his dad. It's a personal thing. Hard for me to give that POS any credit. He threw my team in the tank for some years. That was a depressing era in my life. Also, Jed deserves props for being ready to handle that at such a young age.

John York was one of the first people to react when Thomas Herrion collapsed in the locker room. Memory is fading but I think he was doing cpr until paramedics arrived.

The 49ers then fulfilled Herrion's dream by taking care of his family. Paid off mortgage and took on all property taxes in future etc.

As a football owner meh. Outside of football the dude deserves respect
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Jul 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
at least his dad finally came to the realization he did not either have the desire or the knowledge to handle a nfl team

Point being, by the accounts I have read (and before anyone asks I can't be bothered to dig up links) he never had the desire. He knew he didn't have the knowledge so he turned to a guy who did, to recommend a man who had the knowledge and desire.

We know how that turned out! But what better could he have done than follow a Bill Walsh recommendation?
Young prince is bringing the Niners back to our glory days. Props to Jed and the great decisions he has made recently. Keep it up, Jed. Next trick..............a Super Bowl.
He has improved and grown in his role.

Thanks Jed, keep getting better.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Whether we go to the SB or not, Jed and his staff deserve credit for putting a great product on the field and doing the one thing ALL - and I mean ALL of his predecessors couldn't do - building a stadium.

Agree. Great job Jed! Keep up the great work and let the football guys do there thing while you get this awesome stadium built!
Hired Baalke as GM
Hired Harbaugh
Stayed out of the way of football business
Got stadium accomplished

His only blemish is jumping the gun on the Singleterry hire. But he realized his error and canned that loser. We ended up with the coach of the year anyway so that was one of the best blunders in NFL management history.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Hired Baalke as GM
Hired Harbaugh
Got stadium accomplished

His only blemish is jumping the gun on the Singleterry hire. But he realized his error and canned that loser. We ended up with the coach of the year anyway so that was one of the best blunders in NFL management history.

Yup, even Eddie D hired Joe Thomas, but then it led lead to hiring Walsh and McVay IIRC
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Hired Baalke as GM
Hired Harbaugh
Got stadium accomplished

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jed York ‏@JedYork Welcome to the @49ers Cipora! http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2012/10/23/exclusive-49ers-president-gideon-yu.html?page=all ;…

hopefully he has better luck with us than he had with the facebook ipo. lol
Share 49ersWebzone