New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 9erB4Us:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

This.

I Totally Agree With This ^^^^

I agree with none of this^^^

Agree, or Don't Agree...y'all better hope that when Harbaugh's Contract is up, and he wants a pay raise, that the powers that be, (ownership) will be ready to "Pay Up," & give Harbaugh what he clearly deserves.

ooooh I'm so nervous they'll try to be cheap and undercut Harbaugh after what he's done and more importantly, what he's going to do. Gimme a break.

I wouldn't be surprised if they locked him up for 5 more years in year 3 of his current deal. Harbaugh's not going anywhere.

Hey, I feel ya dude...Lets hope so....but history might be telling from this group...remember the former no name, no experienced HC's ownership has hired b4, because they didn't want to pay "Big Money?" And after the success Harbaugh has had with the 49ers he will demand "Big Money"...JMO...
I think SanDiego49ers was very hard with jed, actually he has much credit for Harbaugh's arrival ... although the stadium is pending

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Absolutely. He has known when to take action and when to step back. He was instrumental in recruiting Harbaugh.
eyah
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
I think SanDiego49ers was very hard with jed, actually he has much credit for Harbaugh's arrival ... although the stadium is pending

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Absolutely. He has known when to take action and when to step back. He was instrumental in recruiting Harbaugh.
eyah

This. Oh, and they want to build a stadium in Santa Clara, not the city the team is named after.

oh funny, the "dallas" cowboys play in arlington
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

so if harbaugh bombs in the NFL does Jed get the blame??

you can't have it both ways, props to jed for gettin it done

let's see if i ever get this answered..

Harbaugh will not bomb... He is the best HC in the league bar none. I always loved him. But Jed doesn't deserve credit for getting him. Harbaugh CHOSE US because his wife was having a baby and they didn't want to move. So we lucked out in a sense. He had other options.

Anyway we have him. And he is the bomb. In a good way...
  • Veteran

Harbaugh will not bomb... He is the best HC in the league bar none. I always loved him. But Jed doesn't deserve credit for getting him. Harbaugh CHOSE US because his wife was having a baby and they didn't want to move. So we lucked out in a sense. He had other options.

This!

This.

I Totally Agree With This ^^^^

I agree with none of this^^^

Agree, or Don't Agree...y'all better hope that when Harbaugh's Contract is up, and he wants a pay raise, that the powers that be, (ownership) will be ready to "Pay Up," & give Harbaugh what he clearly deserves.

The Yorks have absolutely no history of being cheap. This label that people put on them is completely baseless.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 13, 2011 at 6:39 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
San Diego you are making things up.

If I remember correctly, Jed York hired Baalke.

Then Baalke and York offered the job to Harbaugh. This clearly indicates that York and Baalke chose Harbaugh.

If Harbaugh had wanted to stay in the Bay Area he could have stayed at Stanford, but he did not.

Harbaugh accepted the offer to coach the 49ers.

After the 49ers made Harbaugh their choice, Harbaugh made the 49ers his choice.

All this process seems very standard.

I do not understand how you can logically deny the positive role of Jed York in this process.

Harbaugh must have felt positively about working for Jed York and with Baalke.

Let the past go. Admit the York family got this right.

Come the hell on SD. Who choose a job, there 1st in a new and HIGHLY visible profession where perception is nearly as important as production, based on location alone? You're a smart guy and know better. Jed had targetted JH eeeaaarrrlly in the process and did everything he could to land him.

I think Harbaugh would disagree with you.
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 13, 2011 at 6:47 AM ]

Originally posted by WINiner:

Come the hell on SD. Who choose a job, there 1st in a new and HIGHLY visible profession where perception is nearly as important as production, based on location alone? You're a smart guy and know better. Jed had targetted JH eeeaaarrrlly in the process and did everything he could to land him.

He didn't want to move because they had a baby. Anyway we got him and he is as awesome as I thought he would be. A huge reason for our turnaround. And it's all good in the end. I'm glad we have him.
harbaugh doesn't get credit for bringing smith back because he CHOSE us, him and his wife just had a new baby and they have a house here so harbaugh deserves no credit
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.

Agreeed, good post, Jed never gave up and still working hard.

Agreed, he could've went to Oakland or stayed at Stanford (same location)
I'll admit that I made fun of him early on, calling him a silver spoon etc.

But, I heard him on the radio on 95.7 on Thursday and I must say that I am impressed how he has grown (or is growing) into the job.

He said Harbaugh to bring the Practice Squad players on the road and Jed said, the expense doesn't matter -- if the coach thinks it will help winning he was committed to doing it

It seems he has learned -- hire good people and get the F*** out of the way
Share 49ersWebzone