LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erB4Us:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

This.

I Totally Agree With This ^^^^

Yeah, but you have to give credit to Jed for making 'blue collar' play on Harbaugh. Nothing fancy except some T-shirts, sandwiches, and they locked down Harbaugh in somebody's house with the wife making sandwiches. If I remember right...

That's knowing who you are dealing with at its best. If they had gone up on a copter ride around SF and stayed at Las Vegas MGM suite, that might have lost Harbaugh. It was a middle class, all business deal from Jed.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Undeniably one of the better owners in the NFL.
As far as I'm concerned, he's already proven he's smarter than Jerry Jones when it comes to running a professional sports franchise. Jed knows he doesn't have the football acumen or experience to run the team from a personnel standpoint so he promoted Baalke to GM, who in turn interviewed and hired Harbaugh. I'm sure he consulted others in the NFL (and Uncle Eddie) before promoting Baalke as well---considering the mistake he made in promoting Singletary. For those that don't remember, Jerry Jones primarily has the Minnesota Vikings and the Herschel Walker trade to thank for his 3 rings in the 90's. It seems that Jed's main focus now, as it should be, is in the business operations of the team---including getting the new stadium built. A lot of successful CEO's will admit that one of the main ingredients of their success is hiring talented people to work for them, which he appears to have done.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.

Not me. Supported Baalke and Jed from the very begging.
Yes you have.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
As far as I'm concerned, he's already proven he's smarter than Jerry Jones when it comes to running a professional sports franchise. Jed knows he doesn't have the football acumen or experience to run the team from a personnel standpoint so he promoted Baalke to GM, who in turn interviewed and hired Harbaugh. I'm sure he consulted others in the NFL (and Uncle Eddie) before promoting Baalke as well---considering the mistake he made in promoting Singletary. For those that don't remember, Jerry Jones primarily has the Minnesota Vikings and the Herschel Walker trade to thank for his 3 rings in the 90's. It seems that Jed's main focus now, as it should be, is in the business operations of the team---including getting the new stadium built. A lot of successful CEO's will admit that one of the main ingredients of their success is hiring talented people to work for them, which he appears to have done.

Yeah because...

~ Jerry Jones has 3 Super Bowl wins.
~ We have Zero under the Yorks.
~ Jerry Jones plays in a $1.5 Billion stadium.
~ We play in a piece of crap.
~ Yorks have been talking about "new stadium" for a decade. Who knows when that happens?

Yeah the Yorks are so much better...
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

This.

I agree with none of this^^^
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

This.

Yeah, but you have to give credit to Jed for making 'blue collar' play on Harbaugh. Nothing fancy except some T-shirts, sandwiches, and they locked down Harbaugh in somebody's house with the wife making sandwiches. If I remember right...

That's knowing who you are dealing with at its best. If they had gone up on a copter ride around SF and stayed at Las Vegas MGM suite, that might have lost Harbaugh. It was a middle class, all business deal from Jed.

YEah he chose us because he wanted to be Here! Not having to move was the Bonus If this team was that bad last yr he would have chose otherwise. He had a front row seat to see everything he needed to make his decision. Folks need to quit hatin on Young Jed. He Instantly made up for all of his So called Gaffes over the last 2 yrs. People need to quit actin as if could have done better. But again what do you expect from Arm chair GM, Goach and QB's.
And i totally agree with you on your last Statement. Jed did His Job to the Fullest and we now have the best New Coach and GM Tandem in the League.

so if harbaugh bombs in the NFL does Jed get the blame??

you can't have it both ways, props to jed for gettin it done
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM ]
we are winning and i gotta say after experiencing these games so far this season. I AM DAMN PROUD OF THIS TEAM!!! and as for resigning Frank Gore, that was a great thing for a fan to see and what Gore has done on the field for us this season exemplifies what this year's team is about. so hell yeah, I am very happy to have Jed York, Trent Baalke, Paraag Marathe, and Jim Harbaugh leading this team. they are all young, hungry, and well equipped to get us where we need to be. we can become the envy of the league in due time
Absolutely. He has known when to take action and when to step back. He was instrumental in recruiting Harbaugh.

He deserved the criticism he got and he deserves the credit for what he has done. He is NOT medelsome like Jerry Jones, Snyder and he seems to be listening to Baalke/JH.

Keep up the good work Jed!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

This.

Agree, or Don't Agree...y'all better hope that when Harbaugh's Contract is up, and he wants a pay raise, that the powers that be, (ownership) will be ready to "Pay Up," & give Harbaugh what he clearly deserves.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

This.

Agree, or Don't Agree...y'all better hope that when Harbaugh's Contract is up, and he wants a pay raise, that the powers that be, (ownership) will be ready to "Pay Up," & give Harbaugh what he clearly deserves.

ooooh I'm so nervous they'll try to be cheap and undercut Harbaugh after what he's done and more importantly, what he's going to do. Gimme a break.

I wouldn't be surprised if they locked him up for 5 more years in year 3 of his current deal. Harbaugh's not going anywhere.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:

One is offered a job and unless we had planned to enslave a coach EVERY candidate will CHOOSE to work for this organization. Implying that the hiring manager has no role in what talent is offered a position is like saying Ozzie Newsome has no role in acquiring talent for his team. To my recollection, many thought Gruden and other named, Super Bowl winning coaches - including the "can we lure Holmgren from the Browns" rumor were swirling. Lets be clear; the 49ers had options too over a the un-proven college coach.

San Diego you're pretty good at revisionist history dude. Stay with your recent conversion to being this team's #1 fan.

Yeah because...

~ Jerry Jones has 3 Super Bowl wins.
~ We have Zero under the Yorks.
~ Jerry Jones plays in a $1.5 Billion stadium.
~ We play in a piece of crap.
~ Yorks have been talking about "new stadium" for a decade. Who knows when that happens?

Yeah the Yorks are so much better...

This. Oh, and they want to build a stadium in Santa Clara, not the city the team is named after.
Share 49ersWebzone