LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I would not underestimate how bad this could be for York.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Getting a new owner out of this might be a nice silver lining. He's improved recently, but by no means like his uncle (at least in the championship department, the illegality department )
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Those of us that are old enough remember when Eddie D took over the Niners. He mad his share of mistakes early on and many of us thought he was going to be one of those crazy meddling owners that would forever hold the team back. He learned quickly and became one of the best owners ever. It took Jed a little longer but I'd rather have him than about 90% of the NFL owners. I know Jed isn't the owner but he's the guy in charge.

Excellent call!

The difference here is that Eddie D took over the team in 1977 and won a Super Bowl in 1981.

Jed has had the team longer and has yet to deliver.

But I do hear you, it takes time and Eddie D, Bill Walsh, and McVay are all one of a kind.

Yes we'll said to all....I thought he was kinda bad however later he was great 80% is a good number.

In case it doesn't end well .....
Lacob do you want me to hold your bear.
Unless the lawsuit is from the SEC, this is not news, it will get swept under the rug soon.
Originally posted by Predator85:
Unless the lawsuit is from the SEC, this is not news, it will get swept under the rug soon.

If true, it could be real bad, but we don't know near enough at this point.
Could you imagine York selling the team to Joe Lacob (he was interested in the A's)… Heck, maybe Lacob would even move the Niners back to SF!!! A pipe dream but man that would be awesome 🤩
Insider trading is one of the hardest things to prove and almost no one ever gets convicted, like less than 1%. See Martha Stewart, she didnt go to jail for insider trading she went for obstruction, conspiracy and lying to federal investigators. Always have your lawyer with you, dont say sh*t and dont be an idiot and youre fine.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Don't worry guys Paraage will fix everything!!!
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Insider trading is one of the hardest things to prove and almost no one ever gets convicted, like less than 1%. See Martha Stewart, she didnt go to jail for insider trading she went for obstruction, conspiracy and lying to federal investigators. Always have your lawyer with you, dont say sh*t and dont be an idiot and youre fine.

I don't think Jed technically owns the team, he just runs it, right? His parents own it?

so at worst, he would just be in trouble and we would need a new CEO - I don't think they could make the debartolo/York family sell it. Although, it would be amazing if Lacob owned the team - dudes a fantastic owner.

Please please please please let this be the end of the yorks
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Worth pointing out this is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal charge.

I wouldn't be surprised by a variety of outcomes, but if the entire board is being sued and York is one member of the board it's entirely possible he simply wasn't paying close enough attention to things and went along with the majority.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by fropwns:

Getting a new owner out of this might be a nice silver lining. He's improved recently, but by no means like his uncle (at least in the championship department, the illegality department )

Eddie D is back in good with the NFL. He got his HOF right
Can you guys imagine if this news had broken from 2014-2016 lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Sounds like a nothing burger

agreed

company stock hits its peak during the pandemic and then begins to fall as schools start to reopen. Why wouldn't you start selling shares?
Share 49ersWebzone