LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Those of us that are old enough remember when Eddie D took over the Niners. He mad his share of mistakes early on and many of us thought he was going to be one of those crazy meddling owners that would forever hold the team back. He learned quickly and became one of the best owners ever. It took Jed a little longer but I'd rather have him than about 90% of the NFL owners. I know Jed isn't the owner but he's the guy in charge.

Excellent call!

The difference here is that Eddie D took over the team in 1977 and won a Super Bowl in 1981.

Jed has had the team longer and has yet to deliver.

But I do hear you, it takes time and Eddie D, Bill Walsh, and McVay are all one of a kind.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Those of us that are old enough remember when Eddie D took over the Niners. He mad his share of mistakes early on and many of us thought he was going to be one of those crazy meddling owners that would forever hold the team back. He learned quickly and became one of the best owners ever. It took Jed a little longer but I'd rather have him than about 90% of the NFL owners. I know Jed isn't the owner but he's the guy in charge.

Excellent call!

The difference here is that Eddie D took over the team in 1977 and won a Super Bowl in 1981.

But I do hear you, it takes time and Eddie D, Bill Walsh, and McVay are all one of a kind.

True, but he was given a franchise in disarray, cap hell, draft picks forfeited thanks to Eddie D, took a while to get out of cap hell & create a culture that was appealing to free agents.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Excellent call!

True, but he was given a franchise in disarray, cap hell, draft picks forfeited thanks to Eddie D, took a while to get out of cap hell & create a culture that was appealing to free agents.

Jed wasn't even in the picture when all of that was going on. It's been almost 30 years!
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jun 21, 2023 at 10:22 AM ]

Greedy pig, if true.

"The lawsuits also accuse York, along with Chegg CEO Dan Rosensweig and several other company executives, of illegal insider trading for allegedly unloading Chegg stock at the top of the market without informing investors about the extent of the cheating scandal. York made $1.4 million in profit on the sale of 20,000 shares "at artificially inflated prices," the lawsuits claim. "York engaged in insider sales before the fraud was exposed," one of the lawsuits asserts. "As a trusted member of the board, he conducted little, if any, oversight of Chegg's engagement in … the cheating misconduct."
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 9, 2023 at 4:12 PM ]
They just showed the 9ers were like the 6th most valuable franchise in the world at $6b plus on the top ten most valuable franchises in the world. (9ers in that conversation is quite amazing.)

I don't think Jed plays dirty for $1m profit. He seems smart enough to know what could happen and a potential losing his position on the team.

Probably another story that blows into the dust.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Aug 9, 2023 at 4:28 PM ]
🙈
So John Lynch going to be CEO and Peters GM? Lol
ummmm….

what?
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
ummmm….

what?

Popcorn.gif
Not a good look, for sure. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Sounds like he knew once the pandemic was over this sucker would drop and he bailed. To say it's because he knew people were using the platform to cheat and would be outed is a stretch imo given what we currently know.

Besides we all know Jed isn't that smart anyways
Marijuana leads to Heroin

Illegal Cabana building leads to insider training.
🔜 Elon to buy the 49ers…
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
How bad is this?
Sounds like a nothing burger
Share 49ersWebzone