LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yep, seems like he has grown up a lot and I'm happy to have him as the owner of this team. We are reliably in the top 3-5 revenue teams now, so should be able to spend to compete forever. Of the big teams in the league, of which we are one, I can't think of a brand or reputation I'd rather have.
Originally posted by Digger:
Yep, seems like he has grown up a lot and I'm happy to have him as the owner of this team. We are reliably in the top 3-5 revenue teams now, so should be able to spend to compete forever. Of the big teams in the league, of which we are one, I can't think of a brand or reputation I'd rather have.

Those of us that are old enough remember when Eddie D took over the Niners. He mad his share of mistakes early on and many of us thought he was going to be one of those crazy meddling owners that would forever hold the team back. He learned quickly and became one of the best owners ever. It took Jed a little longer but I'd rather have him than about 90% of the NFL owners. I know Jed isn't the owner but he's the guy in charge.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Those of us that are old enough remember when Eddie D took over the Niners. He mad his share of mistakes early on and many of us thought he was going to be one of those crazy meddling owners that would forever hold the team back. He learned quickly and became one of the best owners ever. It took Jed a little longer but I'd rather have him than about 90% of the NFL owners. I know Jed isn't the owner but he's the guy in charge.

Excellent call!
Did he ever tear down that illegal cabana ?
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Did he ever tear down that illegal cabana ?

They probably let him back inside
I always enjoy these types of rankings. Forbes has 49ers enterprise as the 11th richest sports franchise in the world. Valued at right around $6 billion. Wild

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I always enjoy these types of rankings. Forbes has 49ers enterprise as the 11th richest sports franchise in the world. Valued at right around $6 billion. Wild

You couldn't buy this team with $6 billion.. Commanders went for over $6.. and well, they are the Commanders, and that sale was essentially a forced sale.. Jed ain't selling unless you went $10+ billion, even then I don't think he would sell
Looks like SC needs to step it up a gear if they want this "City Place" to be up and running at the time of the SB

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Looks like SC needs to step it up a gear if they want this "City Place" to be up and running at the time of the SB

Lol right? Aren't they suppose to have some World Cup stuff too? I've only been to Santa Clara once and there wasn't much to do.

The article on the homepage on the Hargrave signing speaks volumes to how good Jed now is for us. His main issue was finding a Head Coach & GM, now that's sorted there aren't many owners I'd rather have. I feel that will be the same with Shad Khan, I hope they've found the guy with Pederson, but Baalke isn't it.

I'm a Brit so they've become like a 2nd team, still hoping we get them over as a franchise.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The article on the homepage on the Hargrave signing speaks volumes to how good Jed now is for us. His main issue was finding a Head Coach & GM, now that's sorted there aren't many owners I'd rather have. I feel that will be the same with Shad Khan, I hope they've found the guy with Pederson, but Baalke isn't it.

I'm a Brit so they've become like a 2nd team, still hoping we get them over as a franchise.

The dude had been a yes-man for a long time here. He's given this FO everything it needs to bring home the trophy. I applaud the dude for that esp. after some of those things blew up.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

The dude had been a yes-man for a long time here. He's given this FO everything it needs to bring home the trophy. I applaud the dude for that esp. after some of those things blew up.

Same. I can't wait for us to hoist it for so many reasons. It would be vindication for a lot of people.
Absolutely hated Jed when he fired Harbaugh and replaced him with Tomsula then Chip Kelly smh. While I give most of the teams recent success to the Shanahan's I'm coming around to Jed
If Jed will micromanage the football operations, it will be a disaster. If he chose the wrong people to manage the operations like Trent Baalke, it will be another failure (see Baalke's coaching hires). But when Jed hired the right people to take care of football operations, Jed maximized what he does best, the business side of football: 1+1=2 successful houses of the 49ers enterprise. What separates Jed from the other owners or CEO's, is the fact that Jed watched the 49ers building its dynasty while he was growing up so winning was injected into his bloodstream.
Share 49ersWebzone