New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by captveg:
In 1988 the training facility *was* state of the art.

So what? The new facility wasn't built in 88?

What new facility? A new stadium =/= a new training facility.

You don't see the odd logic in this?

My point was it's hard to blame *Jed* for not having a state of the art training facility when Eddie built one in 1988. It's simply time that is to blame. Eddie was ahead of the curve, but all the teams that dragged their feet behind him now benefitted from those later facility builds.

I know you have this weird thing where you get super defensive when you think people are attacking Jed, but that's not the case here. It's a valid question.
What is the valid question though ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

My point was it's hard to blame *Jed* for not having a state of the art training facility when Eddie built one in 1988. It's simply time that is to blame. Eddie was ahead of the curve, but all the teams that dragged their feet behind him now benefitted from those later facility builds.

I know you have this weird thing where you get super defensive when you think people are attacking Jed, but that's not the case here. It's a valid question.

Why build a brand new facility, but continue to use an outdated training facility from the late 80's? This was the one red mark on the overall feedback they got from the players.

Why build a brand new facility, but continue to use an outdated training facility from the late 80's? This was the one red mark on the overall feedback they got from the players.
Wasn't it just the size of the rehab/training facility that was the issue ?

Seemed to be a couple things. But that led into him saying the facility being used is from 1988. So my question is why? Wouldn't it have made sense to build a new training facility when they built in SC?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 6, 2023 at 12:59 PM ]

Seemed to be a couple things. But that led into him saying the faculty being used is from 1988. So my question is why? Wouldn't it have made sense to build a new training facility when they built in SC?
idk.. the date built shouldn't matter.

but how can one area can be left alone since the 80's but everything else be top tier ? i think this may be overblown

Seemed to be a couple things. But that led into him saying the faculty being used is from 1988. So my question is why? Wouldn't it have made sense to build a new training facility when they built in SC?

but how can one area can be left alone since the 80's but everything else be top tier ? i think this may be overblown

If it's outdated it should.
This feedback came directly from the players, so it's not some opinion of mine. My only question is why wouldn't you build a brand new training facility along with the new stadium . My understanding was that they go hand in hand . Maybe not though

If it's outdated it should.
This feedback came directly from the players, so it's not some opinion of mine. My only question is why wouldn't you build a brand new training facility along with the new stadium . My understanding was that they go hand in hand . Maybe not though
but we don't know if it's outdated and wasn't reported as the issue. looks like it's just size. note that this training room is not the entire facility

Regarding the training room, it appears the 49ers either need more room or are getting too many players injured because apparently it's too crowded.

"A significant number of players feel it's small and needs more tables," according to the comment in the survey. It also stated the 49ers lacked enough hot tubs and cold tubs for rehab purposes.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 6, 2023 at 1:11 PM ]

What new "facility" did they build since 1988? The stadium is not a new practice facility.

What new "facility" did they build since 1988? The stadium is not a new practice facility.

i think you get what he's saying they built a whole new yard which is a massive undertaking he's saying why not get a new training facility in or around that time

knowing Jed he's out there now with a shovel/hardhat he's heard the feedback and is on it personally
I'm refreshing Jed's twitter @JedYork for any mentions of him apologizing for the embarrassing training facility.. that's when you know it's about to get fixed

I think you get what he's saying they built a whole new yard which is a massive undertaking he's saying why not get a new training facility in or around that time

They only have so much land at that site to work with.

Realistically, in order to build a new training facility there, they'd need to bulldoze the current building, which may mean having the team train at another location for an entire offseason/season cycle.

More realistically, they may be able to do some renovations of the current training facility building. Of course, creating more space for hot/cold tubs may require reducing the space of other areas.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 6, 2023 at 2:15 PM ]
I think you get what he's saying they built a whole new yard which is a massive undertaking he's saying why not get a new training facility in or around that time

Realistically, in order to build a new training facility there, they'd need to bulldoze the current building, which may mean having the team train at another location for an entire offseason/season cycle.

More realistically, they may be able to do some renovations of the current training facility building. Of course, creating more space for hot/cold tubs may require reducing the space of other areas.

It gets more complicated when you consider that many players live in the area and use the facility during the off season. They would definitely need to find another facility for however long it takes. I'm guessing it would be the better part of an entire year to level the old and construct the new.

Yes that was my question. I just Assumed these things went hand in hand.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

It gets more complicated when you consider that many players live in the area and use the facility during the off season. They would definitely need to find another facility for however long it takes. I'm guessing it would be the better part of an entire year to level the old and construct the new.
I believe the NFLPA stopped players and teams working out at team facilities in the offseason.

Could this have something to do with so I'm many recent player injuries? Not having the most up to date equipment, I mean?

There are places to save and places to splurge. Training facilities are a place to splurge, go ahead and save money somewhere else lol.
Share 49ersWebzone