LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49TimFL:
Why do people hate on York?? Guy pretty much ate 20 Mill with Kelly and Tomsula

So were supposed to celebrate the guy for buying out coaching contracts as if he didn't put us in that terrible situation by hiring fartsula and chip in the first place?
[ Edited by Seansf49 on Oct 29, 2021 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
What exactly is the problem with Jed. Unlike way too many owners, he stays out of the limelight and lets his coaches and GM do their job. If they continue to struggle over the rest of this year and next year, Jed will likely make a change. I prefer an owner like him to one that's always interfering with coaching decisions or trying to be the face of the team like Jerry Jones.

Jed just hires bad people. Singletary, tomsula, chip, shanny, Lynch.

Only good hire he made was harbs and couldn't keep that going.

Stats don't lie.

Harbs! What a short memory you have. Or maybe just very selective.

He has been the only successful coach in the York era.

Harbaugh was a good coach with garbage ownership.

With Harbaugh, Roman, and Fangio manning this year's ship we might be undefeated.
  • dj43
For whatever good Jed and his advisors have done well since the Lynch/Shanahan regime began, this later raise of season ticket prices is just bad business. Unlike many businesses, the slowdown in the supply chain has very little impact on the team and the events that happen at Levi Stadium. Only ill-will will be the outcome of this move.
Hey Jed, keep the free food and don't raise ticket prices next year. How about that?
Been to one game in my life, 49ers versus the Patriots in 2008, the season Brady was out and Matt Cassell was the Patriot's QB.

Was not impressed to the point I would ever become a season ticket holder or go out of my way to go to a game. The experience is better at home.

Too expensive, even then, too much BS to go through for the cost. Good on you folks who do go to games all the time, and enjoy yourselves. Not my thing.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Been to one game in my life, 49ers versus the Patriots in 2008, the season Brady was out and Matt Cassell was the Patriot's QB.

Was not impressed to the point I would ever become a season ticket holder or go out of my way to go to a game. The experience is better at home.

Too expensive, even then, too much BS to go through for the cost. Good on you folks who do go to games all the time, and enjoy yourselves. Not my thing.

When the team is bad it's hard to go. It's hard to sit in the solar flare section also.

The last great game I went to was at the Stick. Kap ran wild and we beat the Packers in what was a back and forth game for the first 3.5 quarters. The electricity and excitement in the crowd was hard to match. York also brought in 2 chainz during the timeouts. Great memories and I can only hope that Levi's experiences that level.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
4 losing seasons, and 1 losing super bowl season.

That's success to you?

Harbaugh was a flash in the pan. Was never going to work out past year three, Jed or no Jed. He ain't done s**t since.

Flash in the pan who went to 3 strait NFC championships? His 4th year was both sabotaged by the FO and ownership and had damn near 1/3 of his starters on IR and he still won 7 games.

Flash in the pan in the truest sense is Kyle shanahan who's only shown one winning season in his entire head coaching career. He's been here 5 years and has given us one good season.

THIS

WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY!!!!
Originally posted by mitpdub:

When the team is bad it's hard to go. It's hard to sit in the solar flare section also.

The last great game I went to was at the Stick. Kap ran wild and we beat the Packers in what was a back and forth game for the first 3.5 quarters. The electricity and excitement in the crowd was hard to match. York also brought in 2 chainz during the timeouts. Great memories and I can only hope that Levi's experiences that level.

i do miss the days at candlestick where we still sucked cause tickets were so cheap i'd go all the time.

Sometimes we got W's sometimes we L's. but at least losing at Candlestick was better than losing at Levi's.
  • dj43

One certainly misses the atmosphere at the game, however, you do see the game much better from the multiple camera views you get at home. I used to record every game and watch it when I returned from the park. That was the best of times for me.

The last game I went to was the Seattle game in 2007 where Alex Smith tore up his shoulder and I had to watch Trent Dilfer play QB for 3 quarters. It looked like the ball was traveling in jello every time it left his hand. I think we lost 20-3 or something. Miserable experience and I'd rather be miserable at home where I don't have to listen to Seahawks fans talking s**t after the game.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Oct 29, 2021 at 11:33 AM ]

Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He has been the only successful coach in the York era.

Did we not just play in the Super Bowl less than 2 seasons ago?

Yes, and lost abs have bu
t been close to contention since.
A .443 winning percentage and 1 winning season out of 4 is not "successful" IMO.

Results matter
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Here's a good example why....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you put out a crap product coached like crap and as a reward the price of your tickets goes up.. since this team left the stick. since the yorks took over. there is a serious serious disconnect with the fans and the team in my opinion and that lays at the foot of jed.. he is who he has always been and that is a boy among men. just like jh said he was.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

I bet. Who would want to sit there cooking in the sun all afternoon? They really do need some shading for the folks who pay the exorbitant prices to sit in those areas.

That game was electric on TV, I can only imagine the experience you and everyone else who attended that game had.

Agreed. I hope the organization can establish Levi's own memories that are worthy of being mentioned with Candlestick's.

Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
i do miss the days at candlestick where we still sucked cause tickets were so cheap i'd go all the time.

Sometimes we got W's sometimes we L's. but at least losing at Candlestick was better than losing at Levi's.

Fair point, the tickets we had for the 2008 game I went to were 68 bucks a pop, so not that bad. Levi's just does not have the same personality as Candlestick.

Originally posted by dj43:
One certainly misses the atmosphere at the game, however, you do see the game much better from the multiple camera views you get at home. I used to record every game and watch it when I returned from the park. That was the best of times for me.

Such a different experience, everything looks so small when you are at the game. TV adds a bit more than ten pounds for sporting events.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
The last game I went to was the Seattle game in 2007 where Alex Smith tore up his shoulder and I had to watch Trent Dilfer play QB for 3 quarters. It looked like the ball was traveling in jello every time it left his hand. I think we lost 20-3 or something. Miserable experience and I'd rather be miserable at home where I don't have to listen to Seahawks fans talking s**t after the game.

Yeesh, 2007, those were dark times. Fans are the worst. In many cases I dislike the opposing team's fans more than the actual opposing team.
Share 49ersWebzone