There are 202 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by Seansf49:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
What exactly is the problem with Jed. Unlike way too many owners, he stays out of the limelight and lets his coaches and GM do their job. If they continue to struggle over the rest of this year and next year, Jed will likely make a change. I prefer an owner like him to one that's always interfering with coaching decisions or trying to be the face of the team like Jerry Jones.

The Yorks took over ownership in 2000. 0 Championships. 6 seasons with a record over .500, two of those seasons coming from a coach the previous owners hired. 10 seasons with 10 losses or more. One coach in their tenure who had a winning overall record that was fired after going 8-8. Pointing out how much worse other franchise owners are doesn't excuse the poor ownership tenure of the Yorks.

9 teams have combined for over half the SB championships since it started in 1966. The Pats, Niners, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Giants Raiders, Broncos, and Reskins. Between those teams they've won 39 out of 55 games. 12 Teams have never won. Some haven't even been to one.

I guess that means that only 7 teams have had good owners (Green Bay has no owner).

I just stated historical records since his family has taken ownership, which in 20 (going on 21) years so far has resulted in 0 championships. 156-185 overall. While realistically you can't win a superbowl every year, the team has been mostly mediocre during that time due to poor decisions from his parents and from himself. He's also the one who set the expectation:

"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls," York said. "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners. And whenever we don't deliver that, I hope that you will hold me directly responsible and accountable for it."

Have they been the worst owners? no. Have they been good? Also, no.

So building two completely different teams with different coaches and players that play in the super bowl constitutes as not good?

I'm just posting historical results. We don't hang NFC championship banners. That's the expectation that the ownership set.
[ Edited by Seansf49 on Oct 27, 2021 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
What exactly is the problem with Jed. Unlike way too many owners, he stays out of the limelight and lets his coaches and GM do their job. If they continue to struggle over the rest of this year and next year, Jed will likely make a change. I prefer an owner like him to one that's always interfering with coaching decisions or trying to be the face of the team like Jerry Jones.

Jed just hires bad people. Singletary, tomsula, chip, shanny, Lynch.

Only good hire he made was harbs and couldn't keep that going.

Stats don't lie.

They deserve to be criticized for how this season has played out, but Shanahan and Lynch were part and had a lot to do with the most dominate 49ers team since 1994, but you put them in the same status as Tomsula and Singletary as far as being bad hires? Lol dumb
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 27, 2021 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Nothing. People just like to b***h (about anything and everything as opposed to only what merits being b***hed about).

Jed is goofy looking guy, part of the ownership, and as such is an easy target for the ire of a lot of fans. He has done well to stay out of the way.

This 2021 s**t show is on the football people and not necessarily Jed York.

Who hired the football people?

Everyone was praising those "football people" when they went to the SB after a total 3 year rebuilding project. Now those same people are suddenly incompetent. I wouldn't say Jed is goofy looking. He's kind of average looking. If you want goofy looking you need to look at Mark Davis. Bowl haircut. White jumpsuit. Now that's goofy looking.

But it really doesn't matter how the owner looks as long as he provides the resources for the team. He's shown that he's willing to pay hus people well and like I said he doesn't meddle in the operations. He's content to fight the ongoing battle with the city over revenue. I know he took a lot of flak for moving to SC but it was either that or move out of state. The stadium may not be as extravagant as the Rams but it cost 1/5th as much. All and all I think he's done okay as an owner.

Do you remember what was being said about these football people right after losing that super bowl after blowing that lead?

What resources did he use to keep Buckner, or was Buck not his people?

Cutting corners and being cheap when building Levi stadium and then watching the Rams & Cards build that cutting edge stadium in SoCal (investing heavily and doing it the right way) just shows you that Jed ain't it.

The Yorks took over ownership in 2000. 0 Championships. 6 seasons with a record over .500, two of those seasons coming from a coach the previous owners hired. 10 seasons with 10 losses or more. One coach in their tenure who had a winning overall record that was fired after going 8-8. Pointing out how much worse other franchise owners are doesn't excuse the poor ownership tenure of the Yorks.

9 teams have combined for over half the SB championships since it started in 1966. The Pats, Niners, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Giants Raiders, Broncos, and Reskins. Between those teams they've won 39 out of 55 games. 12 Teams have never won. Some haven't even been to one.

I guess that means that only 7 teams have had good owners (Green Bay has no owner).

I just stated historical records since his family has taken ownership, which in 20 (going on 21) years so far has resulted in 0 championships. 156-185 overall. While realistically you can't win a superbowl every year, the team has been mostly mediocre during that time due to poor decisions from his parents and from himself. He's also the one who set the expectation:

"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls," York said. "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners. And whenever we don't deliver that, I hope that you will hold me directly responsible and accountable for it."

So building two completely different teams with different coaches and players that play in the super bowl constitutes as not good?

Look at the overall record and the ability to sustain success.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

No one celebrates 2nd place.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Let's face it, the fanbase will rationally or irrationally take their anger out on Jed when things are not going well. People will trash him until this franchise wins another SB, and even then people will still hate the dude. That's the way it goes.

This guy has burned this franchise into the f**king ground and deserves all the criticism he gets
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Oct 27, 2021 at 8:41 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Let's face it, the fanbase will rationally or irrationally take their anger out on Jed when things are not going well. People will trash him until this franchise wins another SB, and even then people will still hate the dude. That's the way it goes.

This guy has burned this franchise into the f**king ground and deserves all the criticism he gets

At the end of the day fans pay for a product that they consume for entertainment. When the product is less than stellar then they vote with their hip pocket. How much of that really makes a difference to the York's bottom line I am sure is not big enough to fail.

Stats don't lie.

He hires Yes Men.

Privileged people like Jed don't like it when people question them or go against them. Hence why he hated a*****e Harbaugh and loves pooh butt Shanny.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 28, 2021 at 6:02 AM ]

Stats don't lie.

Harbs! What a short memory you have. Or maybe just very selective.
Originally posted by English:

Stats don't lie.

Harbs! What a short memory you have. Or maybe just very selective.

He has been the only successful coach in the York era.

Originally posted by Goatie:

He wasn't always that way. When Harbaugh was sacked and during Tomsula time he was always popping up. He learned a lesson from that and has been quiet as you say during the Lynch Shanahan era.

I have to say that I commend Jed for staying out of the way during the Shanny era. I did not agree with firing JH, and I don't think we should fire Shanny. But if the 2022 season looks like this season Jed had better step in. In fact, if this turns out to be a loosing season (which is what it's shaping up to be) I think that Jed starts to step in behind the scenes to apply some pressure.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Did we not just play in the Super Bowl less than 2 seasons ago?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Did we not just play in the Super Bowl less than 2 seasons ago?

4 losing seasons, and 1 losing super bowl season.

That's success to you?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i take no pleasure in being right about him. fans tried to me he learned his lesson. f**k him. jh was right all along about him
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
4 losing seasons, and 1 losing super bowl season.

That's success to you?

I don't know why I'm responding, considering you like to argue for the sake of arguing, but maybe this is who Kyle is. Outside of one outlier season, the 49ers have been bad under his watch, akin to Papa Shanahan in Washington after RG3 destroyed his knee as was figured out.

But until he is no longer coaching the 49ers, it's premature to say he's a bad coach, or his tenure was unsuccessful, even though it's trending that way.
Share 49ersWebzone