LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by captveg:
York is in a classic lose-lose situation.

If he fires Shanahan/Lynch (and he can't fire one and keep the other), he dooms the team for another 2-3 years minimum for the new regime to overhaul.

If he doesn't fire them he has to hope they have the mettle to turn this around with Lance.

Chances are he gives them through 2022 with Lance and judges it by that.

No playoffs in 2022 and he cleans house...

I disagree. I think it all goes by the consensus of Lance's development. Let's assume he starts the last ten games and improves..... Same for next year- we could miss the playoffs, but if the idea is Lance is improving I think Jed will stick with them.
"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls," York said. "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners. And whenever we don't deliver that, I hope that you will hold me directly responsible and accountable for it. And we look forward to getting this thing back on track."

it's been 21 years since your mommy and daddy bought the team, Jed. No championships. One coach in that time who had a winning record that you ran off. I get there are worse owners in the NFL but that doesn't excuse this pathetic ownership all around.
[ Edited by Seansf49 on Oct 25, 2021 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Not a fan since he fired a winning coach, dude more about feelings than winning, wants a yes man who gonna grovel at his feet to sip wine and cavier with

FACTS

Why didn't Harbaugh sign the extension he was offered?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Not a fan since he fired a winning coach, dude more about feelings than winning, wants a yes man who gonna grovel at his feet to sip wine and cavier with

The Yorks also fired Mariucci after 12-4 and 10-6 seasons. Since they became owners in 2000, the Niners have had 6 seasons over .500.
You know s**t hit the fan when the Jed thread is on page 1.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
The thread could end here. 'Nough said.
reopen it when Jed starts making decisions again…

When not making decisions becomes important is where the franchise is at.
Just remember the Harbaugh firing press conference:

"It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls," York said. "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners. And whenever we don't deliver that, I hope that you will hold me directly responsible and accountable for it. And we look forward to getting this thing back on track."

Since then, we've gone 38-64, one winning season and 5 of 7 seasons losing 10 or more games.

Fire Jed York? Let's remember what York said about that:

"I Own This Football Team. You Don't Dismiss Owners."

This mess starts at the top and rolls downhill to create a losing organization.
Originally posted by Seansf49:

it's been 21 years since your mommy and daddy bought the team, Jed. No championships. One coach in that time who had a winning record that you ran off. I get there are worse owners in the NFL but that doesn't excuse this pathetic ownership all around.

If you you tube the press conference, Jed has some of his greatest hits....a nincompoop.
I think what Jed learned from the Harbaugh firing is to not make the move prematurely. IMO with the way things were trending for the Harbaugh regime, it would have went downhill regardless for him as Kaepernick started to get figured out during that 8-8 season, Harbaugh was getting outcoached by our division rivals and the team was aging. The mass retirements were inevitable and Baalke was doing a terrible job of replenishing the roster. Jed could have avoided a PR disaster by waiting a couple more seasons then moving directly from Harbaugh/Baalke to Shanahan/Lynch.

This time around I think he is giving them enough time until it is absolutely clear we need to move on, and it coincides with great coaching options being on the market. After 2022, it's possible that Kyle is done here but leaves behind a decent roster including a promising QB, meanwhile an up and coming rising star of a coach might be available. I don't see that being the case after this season though.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Oct 25, 2021 at 3:36 PM ]
2 - 4.

The Yorks sort of try. But they are what they are.

Last place in the NFC West. Our usual position.

Yorks holding the franchise hostage sometimes they can be good enough to break the entire Bay Areas heart, but they are what they are, Losers.
Need to give the players less rope and more ultimatum.If not 100% effort gtfo.Four straight losses spells no dignity.
  • Idris
  • Veteran
shouldnt have run harbaugh out of town. he's out of contract at michigan this spring. bring him back.
Originally posted by Idris:
shouldnt have run harbaugh out of town. he's out of contract at michigan this spring. bring him back.

No way he gets brought back
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by Idris:

No way he gets brought back

Jed made it personal.
Share 49ersWebzone